New
Find
Notify
Tools

Africa with Craig Boddington
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I saw this weeks Africa with Craig Boddington and Ivan carter which featured a buff and Elephant hunt with the Texas Huntco CEO and Ivan Carter. What great action and great double rifles. That guy sure could handle that 600 Nitro. I think they said he was a collector of great double rifles.It must be fun........... CRYBABY

The more people I get to know, the more I love my dog!

Posts: 117 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 26 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
That's Jeff. He can even handle Chuck Norris! dancing

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7547 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JudgeG:

Now that is just plain blasphemy!

We seldom get to choose
But I've seen them go both ways
And I would rather go out in a blaze of glory
Than to slowly rot away!

Posts: 1370 | Location: Shreveport,La.USA | Registered: 08 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
USA _ I saw this weeks episode also. Confused It had an ele and buff hunt but neither Craig nor Ivan were in the feature???? Maybe different episodes in different parts of the Country??

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

quote:
Originally posted by USAONE:
I saw this weeks Africa with Craig Boddington and Ivan carter which featured a buff and Elephant hunt with the Texas Huntco CEO and Ivan Carter. What great action and great double rifles. That guy sure could handle that 600 Nitro. I think they said he was a collector of great double rifles.It must be fun........... CRYBABY

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Ivan and Jeff Wemmer hunted buff and tuskless with Jeff's .577 and .600 NE doubles in the one I just watched.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
larry - there is 2 shows w/ craig. one is track accross africa which is on both dish and direct tv. the other one is just bottington africa which is on at 8 PM sunday (central time) on direct tv only.

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All I got to say is "JEFF U DA MAN" BOOM

Posts: 230 | Location: Palo Pinto Mountains | Registered: 26 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i like both shows but the one on the Sportman's channel is best. It features Ivan and Craig. I really enjoy those shows, it gives those of us that will probably never go to africa a small taste of what a great hunt fot DG is really like. By the way, did'nt that 600 Nitro move some air?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I love that show. Both of them, for that matter. Jeff hunted last year with his Purdey double. Forget the caliber but it was one shot on buff and goodnight M'bogo.

Dutch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks butchloc, that explains it. Don't have direct tv. I see you hit the 6000 post mark with that one.

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

quote:
Originally posted by butchloc:
larry - there is 2 shows w/ craig. one is track accross africa which is on both dish and direct tv. the other one is just bottington africa which is on at 8 PM sunday (central time) on direct tv only.

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
I am happy to say I know both Ivan & Jeff and can call them my friends...
I remember Jeff's words, "Mike remember the closer he gets the bulls eye only gets bigger.."

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Guys
Thanks for the nice words on the shows. We have been working on our next big DVD feature, and all you rifle junkies and especially double gun shooters are really going to like it ! I got to play with Bill Jones .700 the other day, and that was a rush. Also a thump!!
For all the Safari Classics Team
Thanks and stay tuned
Dave

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hopefully the show does well enough to afford sleeves for the hunters rotflmo

Posts: 952 | Location: Mass | Registered: 14 August 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Even the boogie man looks under his bed at night looking for Chuck Norris !
Smiler

Posts: 10 | Location: texas | Registered: 10 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I don't believe that for a second. Did you know Chuck Norris once challenged Lance Armstrong in a "Who has more testicles?" contest and won by 5?

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lhook7:
quote:

I don't believe that for a second. Did you know Chuck Norris once challenged Lance Armstrong in a "Who has more testicles?" contest and won by 5?

jumping My sides hurt!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeoffM24:
Hopefully the show does well enough to afford sleeves for the hunters rotflmo

jumping Yep my sides are still hurting!

Unfortunately I haven't seen the new show, but TAA is my favorite for sure.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wemmer can handle his .600--and if he can handle that, then Chuck Norris ain't shit. Now, Mr. Fulson, that's a bad boy. He took the .700 and kept grinning (or was it grimacing?). As for me, well, I took pictures at this last film soiree. Our buddy Bill Jones' .600 doubled on me in April, don't know if my shoulder will ever be the same--but I'm damn sure retired from anything above a .500 NE!

Posts: 265 | Location: central california | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Spoken like a man of sound wisdom and judgement.......and AGE! Big Grin

I can relate... Roll Eyes Big Grin

Mad Dog

Posts: 1184 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 17 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Our buddy Bill Jones' .600 doubled on me in April, don't know if my shoulder will ever be the same--

Ouch.

Posts: 636 | Location: The Hills | Registered: 24 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
No, Marc, DOUBLE ouch!!!

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When I had my Merkel 500 I doubled it before I added a recoil pad and mercury recoil reducer. That hurt!! I can't imagine doubling a 600!

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
it breaks my shoulder to even think about it. Jeff must have had 15 LBS of ammo on his belt!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gun weighed 15 lbs. 4oz. dry, belt with ammo etc. right at 10 lbs.

Recoil of .600 NE very noticeable when shooting at paper.....Not at all when smacking an incoming Tuskless cow Ele!!!

Funny story: We were back at camp on the last night after the hunts had concluded and our cameraman wanted to shoot the .600. As everybody with little or no big bore experience does, he asked a lot of questions and was very cautious about the prospect. To calm him down a bit, I volunteered to shoot a couple of rounds for him to watch just how easy it was to do...With the camera rolling and my mouth flapping about holding the gun properly, taking proper aim etc, etc...I yanked the front trigger (with the safety on) and demonstrated the most horrific flinch one has ever witnessed and on camera to boot!!! He shot the thing and did quite well, but was none too anxious to repeat the process!

These things will make you flinch. Some are too macho to admit it, but at 225, former Rugby player, MMA and cowboy....I FLINCH!!!! Everybody does!

Glad everybody likes the shows....More to come! thumb

BTW, Chuck Norris can rest easily - ain't no way I'm going there!!! shocker

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craig boddington:
Our buddy Bill Jones' .600 doubled on me in April..

Introducing Craig Boddington, the only man to have ever shot the fabled 1.200 N.E...

Big Grin

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote