New
Find
Notify
Tools

Swarovski EL's in 10 X 32
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I know this should probably be on the Optics forum but since I use them in Africa and in the Western States, I'm putting it here.

Has Anyone used a pair of the new 10 X 32 Swarovski EL's?
At 21.5 oz and 360 ft FOV @ 1,000 yards they sound great but would they be bright enough @ 32 mm?

Rich Elliott

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
I have the 8x30 SLC so I bought the 10x32 EL's as opposed to the 8x32 EL's.

They are good, but who knows whether they are worth the money. They are as lightweight as the 8x30 SLC's and it is nice to have the higher magnification at times.

I'm happy with them.

Posts: 19317 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've tried them all at one time or another, my favorite so far is a pair of Leica 8x30 all things considered..They just work for me and I can use them a lot better off hand, they are light and compact, bright as I need and I can't tell any difference in the optics between the 8x40 and the 8x32s...I just sold my 8x42s to a poster on this forum and they are a great binocular..I doubt however that it makes much difference one way or the other..I do not care for 10X however...

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gene:

Not sure which show you are referring to, but we didn't use a RSM; only 375's and 470 in this(last) season. Both the Ruger and Sig had 42mm Swarovski's, as did the Krieghoff.

This season we are shooting Dakota exclusively, using the 330 and 350 Dakota calibers, with Swarovski scopes and Talley mounts.

Sorry I have not solved the mystery.

Posts: 192 | Location: Norman, OK USA | Registered: 01 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of KINO
posted Hide Post
Rich if your considering the EL's I would get them before June 1. A friend of mine who works the optics counter at our local sporting goods store recently showed me a letter on the Swarovski North American letter head stating that a price hike is coming June 1. For example the 80mm spotting scope will go up $300.

Posts: 470 | Location: SYRACUSE, UT, USA | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Kino,
Thanks. That's about right!

Rich ELliott

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry Steve, Ruger Safari Mag. You answered my question about the scope though. Thanks

Posts: 543 | Location: Belmont, MI | Registered: 19 December 2002Reply With Quote