Notify
Tools

Snake....see this amazing footage!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted
http://forums.accuratereloadin...411014061#3411014061

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11253 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
Very cool. Persistent bird...

Posts: 2270 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 28 February 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Dang.... who won?

Posts: 584 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: 13 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
If you look close looked like it had an egg in its throat. Non-poisonous I believe.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
That woodpecker thought he hit the jackpot, you know later that night none of his buddies believed his stories about the giant "worm" he almost got.

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Good point retriever - about an egg in the throat. That could explain the funny shape of the head looking like an arrow shape which is more typical of the pit vipers. Yes, I think it is the non-venomous Indian rat snake - called Charai in the South and Dhaman in the North - up to 6 feet long. The only other green snakes are the poisonous green pit viper & the vine snake - both of which are much smaller - less than 3 feet long & as thick as a man's finger. This was taken in Kabini Park in the south.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11253 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RobinOLocksley
posted Hide Post
That was a plucky little bird.Thanks for sharing.

Best-
Locksley,R

"Early in the morning, at break of day, in all the freshness and dawn of one's strength, to read a book - I call that vicious!"- Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 813 | Location: Sherwood Forest | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Is there another way to see that clip for those of us that choose not to belong to Facebook?

Posts: 142 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Posted 08 August 2011 20:42 Hide Post
Is there another way to see that clip for those of us that choose not to belong to Facebook?

me2

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RAC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchloc:
quote:
Posted 08 August 2011 20:42 Hide Post

me2

Here ya go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipdiai7or_o

I hunt, not to kill, but in order not to have played golf....

DRSS

Posts: 839 | Location: LA | Registered: 28 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Backing up to the question of what kind of snake, I seem to recall a documentary on a snake eating eggs that was green in color. I may be wrong but I think it was referred to as an egg eater.

Posts: 12105 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
Backing up to the question of what kind of snake, I seem to recall a documentary on a snake eating eggs that was green in color. I may be wrong but I think it was referred to as an egg eater.

I think most snakes eat - or swallow - eggs.

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
Larry on youtube it says

Yellow-bellied Puffing Snake (Pseustes sulphureus)

Posts: 2638 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote