THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Hunting Conventions...Who is attending?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting Conventions...Who is attending?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drongo:
It is too early to know. I don't see any point if the international outfitters can't come.

To be clear: I have been to SCI and really want to attend DSC. But my interest is in African hunting and seeing old friends. I have no interest in shooting genetically modified Whitetails behind a high fence. So, if international hunters are not coming there is no appeal to me to attend.

USMC Retired
DSC Life Member
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 730 | Location: Maryland Eastern Shore | Registered: 27 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I am over it.

I don't even think I am going to go to the El Paso SCI banquet.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We are planning g on being at DSC, with the way all this crap is going with protest and after an election, you all may be needing knives. Smiler

Keep the Pointy end away from you
www.jerryfisk.com

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Not attending.

Every few years I get sick when some idiot coughs in my face at the show or on the seat next to me on the airplane etc. As it is I passed on shaking hands years ago because the average person doesn't wash their hands anywhere nearly as often as they need to. Last year, I had brought our whole family to Reno. No way this year.

There is also strong language coming out of Canada that the Canadian border will still be closed with the U.S. until sometime in 2021, especially, if there is a second wave of virus during Flu season (October- April-ish)...

Implications if true: No Canadians coming given no non-essential travel from Canada and if essential still 14-day quarantines, no Canadian-owned Outfitters coming.

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Here's the latest from SCI:

As summer comes to a close and hunters’ thoughts turn to the backcountry and family hunt camps, the anticipation of the annual SCI Convention and Ultimate Sportsmen’s Market begins to climb. COVID-19 continues to affect the decision-making of local, state and federal governments and SCI is actively monitoring the changes in response to the pandemic that are occurring on a nearly daily basis.

Many factors related to producing a successful event remain out of the control of SCI including uncertainty related to travel restrictions, limitations on large events in the state of Nevada, city of Las Vegas and hospitality and event venues.

SCI will be providing appropriate precautions prescribed by authorities to ensure the safety and well-being of our attendees, exhibitors and guests. Safety protocols undertaken by the Las Vegas Convention Center, Caesars Entertainment and the City of Las Vegas are available at safariclub.org/convention.

SCI remains committed to being First For Hunters and this includes helping hunters plan for participating in convention. Future guidance will be provided as we continue to evaluate information regarding the global health crisis.

SCI is proudly celebrating its 50th year in 2021 and we look forward to seeing you in Las Vegas, February 3-6. We encourage you to register today for convention and take advantage of early bird discount pricing.

Yours in conservation,

Scott Chapman, SCI President

W. Laird Hamberlin, SCI CEO

To make sure you keep getting these emails, please add store@safariclub.org to your address book or whitelist us. Want out of the loop? Unsubscribe.

501 2nd Street NE, Washington DC 20002

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
We have a reservation at Caesars Palace, the convention host hotel for SCI for the convention dates, just in case it looks better and there is a vaccine we can get by then.
We have cancelled winter in Kona this year, long flights and too many potential restrictions requiring Quarantine, no guarantee we could get there directly...We will be wintering in Tucson... so will just drive up for SCI, and maybe the Beinfeld Gunshow mid-January too??

We just don't like the downtown Big City Dallas location so probably won't go back unless DSC makes The Omni Hotel available for show guests....

Here's hopin
Cheers,

470EDDY

Posts: 2674 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of jssafari
posted Hide Post
I and many of the usual operators and PHs from southern Africa will definitely be attending the shows, as long as the USA borders will be open. I'm sure we'll be able to get out of here so it all depends on the USA allowing us in.
I have a double booth booked at DSC but am toying with cancelling my SCI booth due to what I have read on this forum - the outlook for Nevada does not look promising.
Time will tell.

Posts: 17 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 08 October 2002Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Of Course, Nevada is a PURPLE STATE...
Bet all of that changes after Election??!!

CHEERZ

470EDDY

Posts: 2674 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
DSC, Depends if I have work on Thursday and Friday. No work, I will be there. Not a chance on a Saturday.

SCI, not going.

Posts: 769 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Planning on going to either DSC show or the Harrisburg show. I think they are both the same weekend; still undecided which one.

.470 & 9.3X74R Chapuis'
Tikka O/U 9.3X74R
Searcy Classics 450/.400 3" & .577
C&H .375 2 1/2"
Krieghoff .500 NE
Member Dallas Safari Club

Posts: 1586 | Location: Eleanor, West Virginia (USA) | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Funny thing. I just got the latest AHG Magazine yesterday. (Summer/Fall 2020, Vol. 25.4/26.1) Unfortunately, the two businesses specifically advertising for the upcoming 2021 conventions refer to their booths for SCI 2021 being in Reno, Nevada. Confused Eeker Wonder who was asleep at the wheel with the advertising at AHG? Big Grin Eeker