THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Hunting Conventions...Who is attending?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting Conventions...Who is attending?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
It's not that long until the hunting show season kicks off, looks like SCI will have the first "big" show, followed by DSC, Western Hunting and Conservation Expo and others, assuming any or all of them take place.
Given the current state of covid worldwide, and realizing some international visitors likely will be prohibited from coming, along with who knows what distancing, testing, tracing and occupancy requirements cities or counties will come up with.
I'm hoping a viable vaccine will be available by then, but not betting on it.
Some of my friends have expressed great concern about mingling with thousands of people from across the country and possibly across the world and I can't fault them.

But...who plans on attending one of the shows?

Karl Evans

Posts: 2899 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
I’m Hell or High water

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gundog 64
posted Hide Post
The wife and I plan to attend SCI, but I do not think the show will happen.

Posts: 791 | Location: MI | Registered: 26 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will be in Dallas if the show goes on!!

Posts: 1018 | Location: Imperial, NE | Registered: 05 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Karl
It wasn't in my plans to attend DSC 2021 but the CV crisis would peobably have scuppered any plan to travel from NZ.
I was / am wanting to be there in 2022 and just hopeful CV has subsided enough, along with vaccine availability, to make that possible.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2080 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If Dallas goes forward I'll be there in February. Need to work out final details for a trip in August.

Posts: 10311 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
Not planning on going to any shows. Travel is a hassle at the best of times and with the way things are going right now I do not see it being anything but a total pain in the ass. Additionally none of the operators I would have like to have seen are going either. I also do not want to get caught up in any two week quarantines. I'll just stay home and go ice fishing and trapping.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1842 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Nope Staying home.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13392 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
The short answer is no.

We have not been traveling anywhere, and unless something break loose soon, I do not see any travel anytime soon. From what I am reading this could last 2 years.

As for a vaccine, they have 7 that are in stage 3 of the testing cycle before approval will be looked at for the masses, another 11 are in the second stage of the testing cycle. A concern that I am reading now, is the virus mutation factor that usually takes place after a vaccine is introduced.

Another issues that I have read about concerning it will take different vaccines for the different ages of people. Reading along the lines of the under 55 group and the over 55 group. And that this would be a yearly vaccine, just like the flu vaccine.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1626 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will be in Dallas for sure. That is if it doesnt get cancelled. Have a few hunt details to work out.

Posts: 83 | Location: Buckholts, Texas | Registered: 11 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I have been traveling all summer from Tulsa, OK to Corpus Christi, Texas and all the cities in between. I have mostly been to equine sporting events which have set records for attendance this year and to USSSA youth baseball tournaments which went on in OKC and Tulsa. Just got home from Port Aransas...fishing for a couple of weeks.

I will be at DSC if it happens.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37766 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
In my opinion, I think that a lot will depend on what the State of Nevada allows as to large gatherings at that time.

One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
I’ll be at SCI, and possibly Dallas, if they happen. Have details of a hunt to work out.

Posts: 3901 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
As hunters, we are bunch of pussies acting like a tough guys that we are not...

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.

“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’ll be at DSC.

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1928 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’m a maybe for DSC, not because of COVID, just timing with other trips. If timing wasn’t a factor, I would definitely attend.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just spoke with the good folks organizing the DSC show. They are saying barring a government imposed cancellation the show will go on. We'll be there.

As far as traveling during covid being difficult. Our family just returned from a very pleasant road trip from Vermont to Colorado and back. Hotel prices were discounted and of course gas is cheap right now, making the whole trip cost 2/3 of what it normally runs us. If one is flying to the shows, airline tickets are cheaper and they space you out more on the airplane. I would say there's no better time to travel than during a pandemic.

Posts: 591 | Location: Weathersfield, VT | Registered: 22 January 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ready Aim Shoot
posted Hide Post
I will be at DSC.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I will be in Dallas

Posts: 1878 | Location: Prairieville,Louisiana, USA | Registered: 09 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is too early to know. I don't see any point if the international outfitters can't come.

USMC Retired
DSC Life Member
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 730 | Location: Maryland Eastern Shore | Registered: 27 September 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If SCI in fact happens here in Vegas I'll be there but "IF" is the operative word.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13004 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
I'll be at DSC if the show happens.

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
It’s going to depend on whether Nevada Governor Sisolak allows gatherings of more than 50. Right now, that’s the cut-off. Can’t even go to church. He had a couple of gatherings raided and fines imposed a couple of weeks ago. He also has a compliance force checking out businesses and gatherings for compliance. Gotta love those Democrat governors and legislatures.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will attend Sci-Lv, instead of flying will be road trip and visiting national parks before and after Las Vegas.

Posts: 371 | Location: northcentral mt | Registered: 25 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gotta love those Democrat governors and legislatures.

This virus scam brought out the mini Tyrant in many of them.

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dallas maybe. My favorite outfitters are NOT attending, so I may pass. I really do not need to visit with all of the high fence deer farmers Or equipment peddlers.

I suspect that if the Dems are elected, we will regret the coming forced shutdowns....

Posts: 10359 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hvrhunter:
I will attend Sci-Lv, instead of flying will be road trip and visiting national parks before and after Las Vegas.

That will be my plan

“ Hávamál”

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ready Aim Shoot:
I will be at DSC.

Are you bringing shootaway?? rotflmo

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13392 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
If they happen I will.

DSC because I enjoy it.
SCI because Vegas is 3.5 hour drive.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
What about we all kill some ducks and have a few drinks?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9948 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
We have attended Wed through Sun for the past 10 years. Without a vaccine or a complete change of society, we will not be attending. By change of society, I mean manners 101. One of my major pet peeves for the past several years has been how nasty and uncouth people are in general. Covering your mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing has been out of style for several years. This is shocking to me. Countries have to beg, plead, threaten and pass laws to get people to cover their mouths/noses and wash their hands????!!! Seriously??? We were in the grocery store yesterday and most people were wearing “chin coverings”. Twice we left an aisle where someone was sneezing or coughing with their mask around their chin and zero attempts to cover up. Say what you want, CV19 is highly contagious. To paraphrase one of Robert Roger’s Standing Orders, “Don’t take a chance you don’t have to”. Apologize for the rant and many disagree I am sure, but we will not be taking the risk.

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of #1 of 13
posted Hide Post
quote:
We have attended Wed through Sun for the past 10 years. Without a vaccine or a complete change of society, we will not be attending. By change of society, I mean manners 101. One of my major pet peeves for the past several years has been how nasty and uncouth people are in general. Covering your mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing has been out of style for several years. This is shocking to me. Countries have to beg, plead, threaten and pass laws to get people to cover their mouths/noses and wash their hands????!!! Seriously??? We were in the grocery store yesterday and most people were wearing “chin coverings”. Twice we left an aisle where someone was sneezing or coughing with their mask around their chin and zero attempts to cover up. Say what you want, CV19 is highly contagious. To paraphrase one of Robert Roger’s Standing Orders, “Don’t take a chance you don’t have to”. Apologize for the rant and many disagree I am sure, but we will not be taking the risk.

Could not have said it any better. Just a few common manners is all it takes.

ZIMBABWE 2016
ZIMBABWE 2017
Zimbabwe 2019

Posts: 172 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 22 May 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will be at the DSC if it happens in February.

EZ

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
It's rather simple for me. I don't know if my guys will be able to arrive, but I will try to help anyone out. Freeman (not Julie) union sucks.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3453 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Flipper Dude
posted Hide Post
I’ll be there (DSC) One of my favorite weekends

Posts: 262 | Location: Huffman, TX.  | Registered: 04 August 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I vote to strike the word ‘safe’ from the English Language. If one more person says to me “be safe”, “gotta stay safe,” etc etc...I think I will..... nilly

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37766 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
DSC of course.

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
DSC if it happens

Guns and hunting

Posts: 1113 | Registered: 07 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The possibilities are hard to predict at this point.

Posts: 20159 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
DSC, but I don't know if my buddy Hoover will go. We have gone together for the last many years.
kh

Posts: 247 | Location: Round Rock, Texas | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote