2021- DSC & SCI Conventions
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by shootaway:
If it is like China and the graph shows almost zero new cases, I can't see convention attendance or anything affected-unless it is in the elite's agenda that things remain closed.

The bloody Chinks have been lying!

And that is why the whole world is where it is now!

I would never believe a word from them.

And anyone who has been taking this very lightly is an idiot!

Agreed. Do not be fooled into thinking that C-19 was an accident.

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vvreddy:
I think that will be a bigger problem for the males if they are missing in action!! flame

quote:
Originally posted by Wesheltonj:
That's really a bad date for several reasons:

(1) That Sunday is Valentines Day, that might be a problem with some of the females.

It's good because there won't be as many mid November babies, and a guy can still get some late season deer hunts in.

Valentine is a horrible time to knock up the wife for a hunter.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
I received a copy of a message from one if the high profile PHs yesterday, to exhibitors, stating that DSC has decided to cancel.
I didn't think I should be the one to copy and post, I would expect something from one of our DSC AR regulars soon?

Sad but true!!

470EDDY

Posts: 2561 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I received the following via direct email:

Despite our best efforts to organize another successful DSC convention, the City of Dallas has informed us that we will not be allowed to hold an in-person convention for 2021. We have done everything that we can and are deeply disappointed in this decision but will be continuing with the convention as a virtual event to bring the hunting and conservation world together as best we can digitally.

More details on that will be forthcoming, but we will ensure access to our great exhibitor partners, corporate sponsors, and online auctions. We will also provide live feeds to our auctions during the planned convention dates (February 11-14), so please keep those dates on your calendar. To begin bidding on these wonderful auction items please click here.

For those that have already purchased banquet tickets, we will contact you about receiving a refund, or you can choose to donate the amount to DSC. Additionally, DSC will be working with Connections Housing and our partner hotels to cancel all hotel reservations on your behalf, but bookings made through other vendors should be resolved directly by you.

In the meantime, please visit the DSC website to find our exhibitor partners, sponsors, and wonderful auction items. More information will be coming soon, so please be looking for the details on how you can support DSC’s mission of Conservation, Education and Advocacy.

Thank you, and we look forward to making the most of this virtual experience!

analog_peninsula
-----------------------

It takes character to withstand the rigors of indolence.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Dallas, Tx | Registered: 02 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
quote:
Originally posted by A.Dahlgren:
No but it Will stop the spread and ultimately stop the virus. To stop the world 1.5 years will not happen anywhere I think

It won’t for the world but it will happen for a lot of people in the above group.

60 plus and those with health issues.

Mike

As I am one in that "above" group, being 78 and having COPD, I guess I am entitled to my opinion. Life is a terminal condition. Not a single one of us gets to live forever, except in science fiction. Instead of focusing on those of us who are at risk and shutting the world economy down, why not do the best we can to protect us? Fact is that this is not a high-mortality rate disease like smallpox or ebola. I tend to think we should consider those who, through no fault of their own, are going to lose their life's savings and businesses. If I die from this or old age or some other cause makes no difference to me. Dead is dead. Why not focus on the good things life has brought me, such as a wonderful wife of over 60 years, the financial ability to take over 60 hunting trips, and two great children who have also raised great families? That is where I am, and I'm comfortable with that.

Most of my money I spent on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted

Posts: 261 | Location: Saint Thomas, Pennsylvania | Registered: 14 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muttleysgone:
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
quote:
Originally posted by A.Dahlgren:
No but it Will stop the spread and ultimately stop the virus. To stop the world 1.5 years will not happen anywhere I think

It won’t for the world but it will happen for a lot of people in the above group.

60 plus and those with health issues.

Mike

As I am one in that "above" group, being 78 and having COPD, I guess I am entitled to my opinion. Life is a terminal condition. Not a single one of us gets to live forever, except in science fiction. Instead of focusing on those of us who are at risk and shutting the world economy down, why not do the best we can to protect us? Fact is that this is not a high-mortality rate disease like smallpox or ebola. I tend to think we should consider those who, through no fault of their own, are going to lose their life's savings and businesses. If I die from this or old age or some other cause makes no difference to me. Dead is dead. Why not focus on the good things life has brought me, such as a wonderful wife of over 60 years, the financial ability to take over 60 hunting trips, and two great children who have also raised great families? That is where I am, and I'm comfortable with that.

Your tag line follows along with your post. I agree with you to a certain extent. I’m 44, single, no kids. I am not Willy billy about things, but I don’t want my parents to see my passing. However, without getting too religious, there is really only one who knows when your time is up.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote