THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Postive/Negative Experiences using Gracy Travel for African safaris?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Postive/Negative Experiences using Gracy Travel for African safaris?
 Login/Join

posted
My partner had a negagtive experience with Gracy.
How about u all?

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've used them twice and they were perfect each time....had a complete packet of information that walked me thru the trip step-by-step, got the seat I wanted, no suprises at all.

I didn't have any problems on the trip so I don't know how good they are at crisis solving at 2am but I've heard from others they do what's needed to get the job done.

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
Gracy travel has done 2 of my trips to Africa and I've sent them a few of my clients. Shawn has handled eveything excellent, I got a complete package from them, everything I needed to know and do, a booklet about the country where I was going, permits and visa apps, walked me through every step. no complaints here.

My vote, I will use them again, very happy with their service. thumb thumb thumb

"America's Meat - - - SPAM"

As always, Good Hunting!!!

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used them in 2003 with perfect results and am leaving next week on another safari and they are handling the travel.
Doug

Posts: 1332 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Wolfman,

This is one of the silliest post I have seen on this forum.

I have no objection to you posting whatever you wish, but, to just post a one liner such as you did is not doing anyone any favor; least of all yourself.

If you wish to be taken seriously, post ALL the details, or don't bother at all.

I have never dealt with Gracy's, but I know many of our members use them often, with good results.

Regardless, posting a one line accusations at anyone is NOT right at all.

A few days ago someone posted a negative report about Kathi, and others added their opinions.

I know for fact that at least one member claimed to have had problems with her, while in fact he has never contacted her.

This is the nature of the Internet, as anyone can hide behind an assumed name, and post whatever they wish.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68793 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tembo
posted Hide Post
I've used Gracy for 3 trips to Africa and never had any problems. They are a first class operation.

Posts: 2596 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Honkey
posted Hide Post
I have used them 2X and will be using them again for my 2007 hunt in Tanzania. Nothing but good things.

NRA Life
DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

The poster formerly known as Uglystick

Posts: 512 | Location: New Mexico USA | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
At the recommendation of my booking agent Paul Barstaad, they handled my first trip to Africa (Zimbabwe)this past June. I believe the lady that I worked with was Susan Hill. I am a picky, fussy, detail-oriented engineer - I was very pleased with their service - EVERYTHING was taken care of.

Posts: 16 | Location: Arlington, Texas | Registered: 19 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
Have used them on a couple trips to Africa, one to Australia, and a recent trip to Argentina. They have never let me down. I've always worked with Shawn. She promptly answers emails and phone messages. Tickets are received a couple weeks in advance of the trip.

Posts: 3282 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A friend of a friend of a blogger had a negative experience with a proctologist.
This is a bullshit troll thread if I've ever seen one.

Posts: 499 | Location: San Antonio , Texas USA | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tembo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Walker:
A friend of a friend of a blogger had a negative experience with a proctologist.
This is a bullshit troll thread if I've ever seen one.

clap beer

Posts: 2596 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
Agreed! thumb

I say Wolfman454 and his "partner" should get back on here and give some details of this "BAD EXPERIENCE" troll

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
If anyone is questioning the motivation of "Wolfman 454" lets look at the facts: He has seven posts total, of which several were posts defending Kathi on the Kathi thread. He mentions a "negative" experience a "friend" had but gives no details. In his post he invites others to share their nevative experiences about one of her competitors.

Do you wonder with whom his loyalties rest?

Posted by Wolfman 454 on the "Kathi" thread.
quote:
It sure seems like some of you all are bent on putting Ms Kathi out of business.

Looks like a lot of negative talk hidden behind an agenda.
I would think that if I didn't wish to use her service I simply wouldn't. But posting as to why I wouldn't use her for whatever justification is not really needed and smells like competitive agenda to me.

I don't doubt that your friend had a negative experience. No one gets it right every time. But, your attempt to stir up dirt looks bad. Some will wonder if you are connected to Kathi in some way, which would really reflect poorly on her.

Weather you are connected to Kathi or not, your post does her more harm than good. If I was in her shoes I sure would not want your "help". You might want to think of deleting your post as a service to Kathi.

Jason

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I worked for Gracy Travel before I went on my own. I have nothing but respect for Debbie, Shawn, and Steven. We still see each other every year at S.C.I. I consider them my friends and I am sure they feel the same.

What this thread is about, I have no clue and just wish it would go away.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9502 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kathi:

What this thread is about, I have no clue and just wish it would go away.

Wolfman, are you listening?

Jason

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Wolfie delete the thread dude or speak up...I'll give Kathi credit, she doesn't sling dirt and doesn't partake in it either

posted Hide Post
To all you kind gentlemen with such venomouse posts gee fellaz I think y'all might want to step back a little a take a chill-pill.
I asked for Postive & Negative.
For the record I did have a more detailed post about my partners experience aimed at Debbie from Gracy but it seems to have been deleted.
As for Ms Kathi? I don't know her and never used her services. I came to this forum specifically to seek her out and my first experience here was the thread about how she dropped the ball. So I wanted additional feedback on Gracy. As for silly posts? Guys, I've seen pretty darn stupid posts about noxious farts and peoples mothers here on these forums. I don't think posing a question about travel related experiences is all that silly?

I haven't slung any mud at anyone.

Why do you all seem to be so riled up?

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
quote:
For the record I did have a more detailed post about my partners experience aimed at Debbie from Gracy but it seems to have been deleted.

That sir, is pure bullshit. I've been a member here since 01 and in that time, I've only seen one or two deletions and those were in poor taste, so unless your post described things one wouldn't do to a farm animal, you post would not have been deleted. Either grow a pair and tell us what the scoop is or just get out and stay out.

For the record, Debbie has been absolutely wonderful with me and my wife and was a trmendous help when I was stranded in Africa during 9/11. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hey Wolfie delete the thread dude or speak up...I'll give Kathi credit, she doesn't sling dirt and doesn't partake in it either

Re:
Your most recent post to Kathi on the African Travel thread.

DB

Posts: 1370 | Location: Home but going back. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
quote:
My partner had a negagtive experience with Gracy

quote:

Sounds like mud slinging to me shame

Widowmaker416

posted Hide Post
When they warned me that people here were extremely rude well they sure weren't kidding.
Please ask the moderators if my orginal thread was deleted or not.

Well I got the answer I wanted about Gracy and I saw who you folks treat new comers, and I saw how you treated the lady.

Pretty bad manners here if ya ask me.

one of us
posted Hide Post
It can be a tough world sometimes, Wolfman.

As a newcomer, please know that it would help matters like this if you were as explicit as possible when making such post. Your open ended post here got the reaction it deserved.

Post the details of what you alluded to or you get what you got.

Who is "They" that warned you of folks here being "extremely rude"? Your post subject smells and you smell, too. Sorry for being rude to you.

DB

Posts: 1370 | Location: Home but going back. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wolfman454:
To all you kind gentlemen with such venomouse posts gee fellaz I think y'all might want to step back a little a take a chill-pill.
As for Ms Kathi? I don't know her and never used her services. I came to this forum specifically to seek her out and my first experience here was the thread about how she dropped the ball. So I wanted additional feedback on Gracy. As for silly posts? Guys, I've seen pretty darn stupid posts about noxious farts and peoples mothers here on these forums. I don't think posing a question about travel related experiences is all that silly?

Why do you all seem to be so riled up?

Wolfman454,

This is utter bullshit! Now you are lying through your nose.
You posted a one liner - just as you did above - and I was actually in the process of answering you. But, one of my colleagues felt your post was nothing but a load of rubbish, so he deleted it.

Our AR members are not rude, they are well informed. And they are NOT going to stand for any mud slinging not based on facts.

As I mentioned before, you are at liberty to post ALL the details, or you are going to be blacklisted by everyone, and no one is going to believe a word you say in teh future.

Posts: 68793 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dungbeetle:
It can be a tough world sometimes, Wolfman.

As a newcomer, please know that it would help matters like this if you were as explicit as possible when making such post. Your open ended post here got the reaction it deserved.

Post the details of what you alluded to or you get what you got.

Who is "They" that warned you of folks here being "extremely rude"? Your post subject smells and you smell, too. Sorry for being rude to you.

DB

I have no axe to grind with you Sir.
Hell -I don't even know ya.

However the "they" have expressed concern about having their name and personal credit card infomation displayed all over the Internet for complaining about poor service. It is pretty clear to see that most of you here comiserate togther and there is no need for this to get ugly.
It might be best for all to ignore my comment on anything negative an only post positive experiences with Gracy.

If ya got lemons heck, make lemonade!

posted Hide Post
mr saieedi
I do not lie. I have no reason to lie. I never said my posting was more than a line or two. I said it had more detail than this one did.
I toned this thread posting down because your moderators deleted my original. I do feel people here are rude and I was warned of this on three other forums that have no association with another. I came and saw an awful lot of mud-slinging in that thread about Ms Kathi. I stated here that my partner had a negative experience and asked for anyone elses feedback either good or bad. It seems that you have some personal stake in this argument sir. I am wondering what that it? Do you get advertising dollars from these people or something? Free travel perhaps?

one of us
Picture of bwanajcj
posted Hide Post
I think if anyone was to know wheather or not a post was deleted or not, saeed (being the owner and one of the moderators) would probably know.

LostHorizonsOutfitters.com
----------------------------
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas"
Davy Crockett 1835

Posts: 696 | Location: Texas, where else! | Registered: 18 July 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
mr saieedi
I do not lie. I have no reason to lie. I never said my posting was more than a line or two. I said it had more detail than this one did.
I toned this thread posting down because your moderators deleted my original. I do feel people here are rude and I was warned of this on three other forums that have no association with another. I came and saw an awful lot of mud-slinging in that thread about Ms Kathi. I stated here that my partner had a negative experience and asked for anyone elses feedback either good or bad. It seems that you have some personal stake in this argument sir. I am wondering what that it? Do you get advertising dollars from these people or something? Free travel perhaps?

Wolfman,

AR is a free website. Its sole purpose is to promote hunting and shooting. And a place for hunters from all over the world to share their experiences. Good or bad.

We accept no advertising or donations. And we have no financial interest with anyone who posts on these forums.

Oh, I have had quite a number of our members send me a book, a hat, a T-shirt or something similar. And I accept them in the manner they have been sent. Like a gift from a close friend. As I consider many of the members here as my personal friends.

These are ladies and gentlemen of honor. Who feel they have to show a token of appreciation to me as the owner of AR.

Of course, this is not necessary.

But, anyone with any dignity, does not refuse a gift from his friends.

I honestly suggest you go back to the other 3 forums which consider AR members rude.

They probably fit your frame of mind better.

posted Hide Post
Yes mr saieedi I am sure you never refuse a gift from your friends.

I will also go back to the other forums as I the warnings I recieved about rudeness here were verified. I witnessed first hand how a woman was treated on your forums. I witnessed first hand having my posts deleted as you admitted, but people here claim you never do. I witnessed first hand rudeness as a new comer and I feel anyplace would be better for my frame of mind which has only been to try and find affordable travel arrangements for an African hunting trip.

I'm actually a bit appalled that American Servicemen frequent this forum.

My apoligies for ever coming here in the first place.

(Not sure if this post will be deleted or not but such is my thoughts on the matter)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed

Did anybody check his IP?

Posts: 6277 | Location: Not Likely, but close. | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Maybe they are not as racist as you are. Sounds like you do not handle freedom very well.

I am back from a long Hiatus... or whatever.
Take care.
smallfry

Posts: 2045 | Location: West most midwestern town. | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanajcj
posted Hide Post
you know, its odd nobody is ever sad when an a$$hole leaves. goodbye Wolfimani454

LostHorizonsOutfitters.com
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas"
Davy Crockett 1835

Posts: 696 | Location: Texas, where else! | Registered: 18 July 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mickey1:
Saeed

Did anybody check his IP?

He is a reject from the Ignorance Crater jump

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

That is bullshit. I read the other post and it was a two liner accusing Gracy of stranding somebody. It gave no details at all. It did not ask for positive/negative experiences.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3519 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well I take it that was aimed at me. Like I stated previously, I've been coming to this site for close to four years now and I don't see your point. I do tkae back what I said about your post being deleted as it pparently was and form what I gather, justifiably so. We are still waiting for your specifics on the incident. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes mr saieedi I am sure you never refuse a gift from your friends.

I will also go back to the other forums as I the warnings I recieved about rudeness here were verified. I witnessed first hand how a woman was treated on your forums. I witnessed first hand having my posts deleted as you admitted, but people here claim you never do. I witnessed first hand rudeness as a new comer and I feel anyplace would be better for my frame of mind which has only been to try and find affordable travel arrangements for an African hunting trip.

My apoligies for ever coming here in the first place.

I had excellent service the one and only time I used Gracey, I was referred by my PH and they went above and beyond to reroute my trip when I called from the tarmack to advise that our flight was 3 hours late leaving Atlanta.

Kathi is a dear lady who's decided to seperate her work time making travel arrangements from her social time here on AR.

And you sir are the first person I've seen get our host Saeed's dander up. I don't think you're equipped for a battle of wits with him and I'd suggest that you don't let the door hit you on the ass.

Posts: 1912 | Location: Charleston, WV, USA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Brad_Rolston
posted Hide Post
Shawn at Gracey has taken care of the arrangements of 4 clients that have hunted with me in the past - all spoke only of fine treatment as well as excellent service.

Brad

Brad Rolston African Hunting
P.O. Box 506
Stella
Kalahari
South Africa
Tel : + 27 82 574 9928
Fax : + 27 86 672 6854
E-Mail : rolston585ae@iafrica.com

Posts: 318 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Mr Lhook, my orignal post mentioned both debbie and my partners names. That is the detail I am referring to. That post did not ask for postive and negative, this thread does. I suggest you learn to read.

Mr jorg I was not aiming any post at you as I know nothing about you. I will not put forth any specifics on this incident as my partner does not wish his NAME AND CREDIT CARD information splashed around the Internet in revenge.

Mr rick on the battle of wits you mentioned? I didn't come here for a battle I came to ask around about travel arrangements. But if being called a "reject" is the arsenal that Mr saieede uses to make his point well sir then I am defeated hands down. I simply cannot contend with that level of intelligence.

Again, I was told by folks on several other sites that people here are rude. I figured they may just have had an axe to grind but it looks like they are correct. Folks here are rude.

One of Us
Picture of almostacowboy
posted Hide Post
Doesn't anyone have a "yawn" icon? The thing I see is a guy who, at best, can't type, calls other people rude when he can't/won't capitalize peoples' names and deliberately mispells other peoples' names. His only weapon seems to be inuendo ("my partner does not want his name and credit card info splashed around the Internet in revenge"). Puh-leeze! troll He's already gotten way more attention than he deserves.
Dave

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value."
-Thomas Paine, "American Crisis"

Posts: 816 | Location: Llano, CA Mojave Desert | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Ladies and Gentlemen,

We are almost certain that we know who Wolfman454 is. And we are going to let him have more rope, as he is seems to be doing a grand job of hanging himself.
jump troll jump

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
O.K... I confess... you caught me!

Big Grin

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7714 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote