Find
Notify
Tools

up, up, and away!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted
this time tomorrow, i will be somewhere over the mid Atlantic enroute to Dubai, then Joburg. overnight, then on to Kasane, then 3 hour drive to the Caprivi. i am looking forward to another successful elephant hunt with Karl S. my fiancee is going along on her first safari- i think t will be fun to see things through fresh eyes( especially when we close on elephants for the first time)....we will spend 3 days in Kasane/Chobe Nat Park and 4 days in Vic Falls after the hunt before heading home- 3 full weeks counting travel time. in spite of my "advice", she has insisted on over packing. oh well rotflmo she will know better next time....

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13449 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cure for over packing: packer of the luggage carries it.

One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
Sound like a great trip Jerry! Good Luck!

Posts: 2638 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have a great trip and stay safe.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hope you have a good time and break her in easy!

Posts: 11033 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jungleboy
posted Hide Post
Jerry,

Have a great & safe safari. Say "hi" to Karl.

I'm envious! Enjoy.

Jim

Posts: 521 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 04 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Envious to say the least!

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4781 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Have a great time.

And don't worry too much about over packing - just let her carry the bags rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68793 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar: ...she will know better next time....
I love your optimism! Big Grin

Have a great trip, and if you happen to bump into FredBez in Namibia please tell him BillC said Hi!

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Have a great trip Jerry!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Have a good one.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9983 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jerry:

Enjoy and stay safe most of all.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 6028 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jan Dumon
posted Hide Post
Have fun !

Jan Dumon
Professional Hunter& Outfitter
www.shumbasafaris.com

+27 82 4577908

Posts: 774 | Location: Greater Kruger - South Africa | Registered: 10 August 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jerry, you and yours have a safe and enjoyable adventure. We all know that you can do a three week Safari with only a change of clothes and a toothbrush, but give your Lady a break!! Wink Again, travel safe, have a great time.

Larry Sellers
SCI(International)Life Member
R8 Blaser
Sabatti "trash" Double Shooter

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
in spite of my "advice", she has insisted on over packing. oh well rotflmo she will know better next time....

After 37 years of marriage and about a dozen overseas vacations, I've learned that Wifezilla will never learn about over packing.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12711 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is the better to have it and not need it thing. Plus she will be looking good and smiling the whole time.

Have a great trip.

Posts: 1440 | Location: Houston, Texas USA | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That was Dave Van Horne`s home run call...and its up,up and away!!
Dave Van Horne and Duke Snider were the expos announcers.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KMG Hunting Safaris
posted Hide Post
Good luck. We look forward to the report!

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Cell, Whats App, Signal + 27 82 8205387
E-mail: info@huntsafaris.co.za
Check us out on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kmghuntingsafaris
Instagram: @kmg_hunting_safaris

Posts: 1419 | Location: Eastern Cape | Registered: 27 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
I hope conditions are not too wet, not to say flat out flooded. This time of year can be tricky in the Caprivi. But I hear that the wet season was on the dry side this year. Good luck!

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13675 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Elephant down and done on day 3. More to follow. Fantastic hunt with leisure time underway.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on the Ele. I shot mine with Karl on day 2 of my hunt. How is Karl's new camp on the banks of the Zambezi? It was under construction when I was there. Tell Karl Tom Zlakowski said hello. Now that your Ele is down, go catch some Tiger fish.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2331 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear the great news! Congrats!

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13675 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
spent the last 3 days in Kasane v isiting Chobe NP> off to Vic falls tomorrow AM for 5 days. then bsck to reality thumbdown

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
The best Jerry.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
spent the last 3 days in Kasane v isiting Chobe NP> off to Vic falls tomorrow AM for 5 days. then bsck to reality thumbdown

Congrats on your elephant. I also can't wait to hear your report on Chobe NP... I hear you can see elephant herds approaching 500 and buffalo over 1000?

Posts: 1924 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:

Vic Falls was fun. Enjoy!!

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Jerry,
E-mail Nigel Theisen (my PH friend you helped buy a pellet rifle) and let him know you are in the Falls. He lives there now and he will be home while you're there.

nigeltheisen@gmail.com

I was just there a couple of weeks ago.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37898 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Up, up and away...Not Duke Snider but Superman on the radio and later TV. Without that you couldn't tell if Superman was flying on the radio.

Dick Gunn

“You must always stop and roll in the good stuff;
it may not smell this way tomorrow.”

Lucy, a long deceased Basset Hound

"

One of Us
Picture of AK145
posted Hide Post
Have a great trip! Looking forward to the hunt report.

Posts: 217 | Location: Fairbanks, Alaska | Registered: 15 August 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Jerry!

Have a GREAT trip! Hi to Carl! Cheers Buzz

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
start back tomoorrow with an overnight in Joberg. fanastic trip- hunt repport in about a weeek.....