New
Find
Notify
Tools

Africa - Here I Come!!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Leave this morning for 3 weeks in Tanzania with Dean Kendall, at Kilombero North Safaris. Then from there, I go directly to SA for a 12 day Safari - where my girlfriend (Sabrina) will be joining me. I am really excited to have her with me, as this will be her first African experience. She literally has some app on her phone that counts down the days, hours and minutes until she leaves. I've never seen anyone so excited to go hunting as her, its really cool.

I was given a custom .270 WSM by my good friend and whitetail master (David Morris - Bucks of Tecomate) which I have given to her, it fits her great and she just loves it. A Kudu is tops on her list, and from there she wants buffalo, lions, etc!!! I'm like "good heavens" slow down a bit sweetheart, lets take this a little slower. I'm not sure I'm gonna be able to afford this relationship! Smiler

Anyway, off I go! Lots of luck to those of you who are making plans too, safe travels and I hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Have a great time Aaron, and give Dean my best regards.

Look forward to you coming back with lots of stories.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68692 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good luck Aaron. What area in TZ?

Posts: 1920 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aaron,

You are a LUCKY man to have a girlfriend who is so into hunting!!

Have a great time mate.

Posts: 15784 | Location: Australia and Saint Germain en Laye | Registered: 30 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aaron:

If its Mlimba, the Tiger fishing, numbers and size of fish is mind-boggling.

Have a good one!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have a safe trip and kill lots of good stuff! tu2

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Safari2:

Now that's the $64k question!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Have a great trip Aaron
Awesome to take your girl with you, I got one that likes to hunt so I'm taking her to Africa next May, not as an observer...

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Enjoy Mother Africa again Aaron! tu2 Give Dean my best regards as well. Girls, guns and Africa sounds like a great combination! Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of Torbjørn
posted Hide Post
Have a great trip tu2

Posts: 315 | Location: Norway | Registered: 17 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Good luck Aaron. Keep the sun on your back and the wind in your face.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9957 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
Girls, guns and Africa sounds like a great combination! Big Grin

Sounds very expensive too!!!

Good luck you two!!!

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Aaron,

Best of luck in Tanzania. As you know you'll be in good hands with Dean. I'll be very interested in your overall experience especially in RSA.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fujotupu:
Aaron:

If its Mlimba, the Tiger fishing, numbers and size of fish is mind-boggling.

Have a good one!

And just how big? When does the season end? Do you have a boat?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
With Lion definitely on the menu would rule Mlimba out so it has to be the area which has good Roan and Sable. Wink
A smart move being the first client of the season in the block.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:

Check this out:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XF4MdD2E64

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fujotupu:
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:

Check this out:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XF4MdD2E64

Mate I have some fine friends who would be dead keen for that. A mosquito net and a case of fine whiskey sort of trip.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of Highlander7
posted Hide Post
quote:
A Kudu is tops on her list, and from there she wants buffalo, lions, etc!!! I'm like "good heavens" slow down a bit sweetheart, lets take this a little slower. I'm not sure I'm gonna be able to afford this relationship! Smiler

Aaron,

Have a fantastic time on your trip. As for your girlfriend Sabrina... started off my girlfriend (now wife) the same way. One Whitetail, then Springbok, Blesbok, Zebra, Blue Wildebeest, Sable... the size and list just keeps on growing! The monster I created is now out of control. Big Grin

MSG, USA (Ret.) Armor
NRA Life Memeber

Posts: 599 | Location: Chester County, PA. | Registered: 09 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
In the same boat Highlander7.
Monster I created...
Gotta love it though
Nothing like a piece of ass between the killings Ha Ha. AKA African " Nooner "?

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tell hello. I hunted with him 10 years ago. Best PH out there. Need to go back and hunt Tanzania with him again.

Posts: 10364 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
Aaron,

Best of luck in Tanzania. As you know you'll be in good hands with Dean. I'll be very interested in your overall experience especially in RSA.

Mark

tu2

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Really looking forward to this hunt report. Good luck

Posts: 11636 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by graybird:
quote:
Girls, guns and Africa sounds like a great combination! Big Grin

Sounds very expensive too!!!

Good luck you two!!!

Thanks man!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
good luck

Posts: 920 | Location: Chico California | Registered: 02 May 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Aaron,

Mark

Anyone wants to bet that Aaron is NOT going to shoot a lion in South Africa??

Like some world famous hunter! rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68692 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Aaron,

Mark

He might but I doubt we will see the hunt report. Maybe he should shoot a 3 year old in RSA just for entertainment value on here. Big Grin

Cheers
Jim

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Neilson:
I am really excited to have her with me, as this will be her first African experience. She literally has some app on her phone that counts down the days, hours and minutes until she leaves. I've never seen anyone so excited to go hunting as her, its really cool.

Seen that one on here before. Big Grin

Aaron, my friend, no jokes here. A woman that is willing, able, and excited about hunting with you is a keeper. Just saying' REALLY

Jim Wink

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In Qatar now, what a spectacular new airport!

I am flying Qatar biz class from DFW TO Dar Es Salaam, also a fantastic airline - just like Emirates.

Our domestic carries in the USA sure could learn a few things from a lot of the foreign airlines! Two days in Dar for extended interviews, etc - then out to the bush!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Frostbit:
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Aaron,

Mark

He might but I doubt we will see the hunt report. Maybe he should shoot a 3 year old in RSA just for entertainment value on here. Big Grin

Cheers
Jim

Jim, you know me better than that. Why if ever I shot a lion in SA, would I not do a hunt report on AR?

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Best of luck and safe travels

Ted

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
good luck to you .. i am so jealous

Posts: 87 | Location: oklahoma | Registered: 27 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds very exciting. What rifles and rounds other than the .270 are you taking? .600NE VC? Safe travels Aaron.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LR3:
Sounds very exciting. What rifles and rounds other than the .270 are you taking? .600NE VC? Safe travels Aaron.

At the Sea Cliff in Dar now, really like this place.

Ran into an old friend - Mauro Fabris, a PH who hunts here every year in TZ.

I'll be using the .375 Ruger, the .416 Ruger, both with Hornady DG series ammo, and my Hoyt Carbon Spyder Turbo at 81lbs with Easton DG arrows and Wasp broad heads.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Safe travels and good hunting.

Posts: 1815 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mauro Fabris

Quite a colourful fellow is old Mauro.

Got himself a repertoire and a half of jokes too Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Aaron: How do you like your Hoyt Spyder? I'm thinking of getting one myself. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Aaron: How do you like your Hoyt Spyder? I'm thinking of getting one myself. Big Grin

Ya, I like it a lot actually!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Good hunting Aaron!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37821 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Safari2:

Well, it looks as though we have settled on Inyonga. Heading out via plane in about 3 hrs, should be in camp by early afternoon.

Dean is out there now, and apprarently the lions are booming - so hoping for some luck.

If any of you can get onto my FB page, do so and check out the huge 48" buffalo shot by KNS owner Akram Aziz. I was at his office yesterday, its quite impressive.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com