Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zambia Buffalo
 Login/Join

posted
Hello to all this is my first post here.
Im excited to say im planning my fourth trip to africa,Zambia this time for cape buffalo.
My last trip was botswana and S.A. before that.
we plan on driving from S.A. to Zambia.
Im curious if i can purchase my visa at the boarder??
im going last 20 days of may.
ive been told by my buddy the P.H. that we are hunting the outskirts of Kafue Natl Park.
I usually call my P.H. and say plan an adventure,and this time its zambia for buf.
He always supprises us with a hell of an adventure and im sure i wont be disappointed this time either,
any advise or input would be appreciated.
Jim

Posts: 10 | Location: Long Island N.Y. | Registered: 24 February 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Jim,

Welcome.

I haven't been to Zambia but here is some information you might find useful.

"Firearm import permits must be obtained before your arrival. Our Lusaka office handles these applications and it is imperative to ensure we are supplied well in advance of correct make and serial numbers of the rifles you will be using. Errors on the firearm permit will lead to refusal of temporary import of firearms by the Zambian Authorities."

"The normal period we need to process the import license for your firearm is three weeks."

VISA

"ENTRY/EXIT REQUIREMENTS: A passport and visa are required. A visa should be obtained in advance. American citizens arriving for tourism or business at the Lusaka, Ndola, and Livingstone international airports, or at major land borders, can obtain a one-entry visa for $25 (US), a double-entry visa for $40 (US), or a multiple entry visa for $80 (US). Recently, however, some American citizens have not been allowed to board airlines without a visa. It is recommended that those traveling to Zambia acquire a visa before departing for Zambia. All Americans, except resident diplomats, must pay an airport departure tax of $20 (US)."

Maybe you should check with your PH and have him check with his Zambian outfitter. That way you have the latest information.

Regards,

Terry

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
Jim

WE are located at the southern region of the KNP so you are possibly hunting near where we are situated ??? Who is your buddy PH and which Co are you hunting with.

Last season all our clients with USA passports were issued with their entry visas upon arrival at Livingstone airport at a cost of $US 25 ea.

We also have to obtain the clients rifle import export permits [ in advance ] from the Police authorities in Lusaka and have them available to the client upon arrival at the border entry post ...

Where are you driving from to get to Livingstone, and whom is with you, is it someone [ africa steet wise ] as it is not really good advice to try to do it alone if you are a foreigner ..

Take care

Regards, Peter

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote