THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    RWS: Leopards, 2006 (More Pictures Added)

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RWS: Leopards, 2006 (More Pictures Added)
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted
Hello

For your interest: Some leopards taken by Roger Whittall Safaris clients last season. This year will be better.

[URL= ][IMG]

[URL= ][IMG]

[URL= ][IMG]

[URL= ][IMG]

[URL= ][IMG]

A couple more leopards from Roger Whittall Safaris 2006. Not great pictures but....

The last cat is not from 2006, but 2005, and was taken by Don Tompkins. Sadly, Don passed away towards the end of that year. Don began hunting with RWS when it began operations in the late 1970's, and he hunted with us almost every year until his death. He was a great character and will be sorely missed by us all. Don's favorite hunt was leopard and he took a number of monsters with us over the years. It is with that in mind that I humbly dedicate this leopard thread to Don Tompkins.

[URL= ][IMG]

[URL= ][IMG]

DON TOMPKINS AND A BRUTE OF A LEOPARD - HUMANI, 2005

[URL= ][IMG]

Posts: 2270 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 28 February 2007Reply With Quote
<Hunter Formerly Known As Texas Hunter>
posted
Beautiful cats!

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Dave that one shot with the double, was it by chance or from a blind???

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
Mike

It was taken with dogs and from what I've heard was an extremely exciting encounter.

one of us
posted Hide Post
All good sized cats. It's amazing that he can nail down big toms so consistently.

Lo do they call to me,
They bid me take my place
among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
Where the brave may live forever.

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
All taken with dogs?

One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
Use Enough Gun

No Sir, only one of them. The rest were baited and taken from blinds. Most of the leopards we take are from blinds - the number of dog hunts per annum is strictly controlled. I have more leopard pics from last season and will post them once I scan them. We are about to begin what I think is our only dog hunt of 2007 and I will keep you all posted. I can't wait!

475Guy

If you hunted this area you would understand why. As far as leopards are concerned.....Well, I've said it before, the proof is in the pudding. few areas can compare with the Save Valley. The Humani record weighed in at 212 pounds! Admittedly it was way back when (late 80's), but we do occassionally take a monster 170 + pounder, and our success rate is very high. I invite you to come and see for yourself.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Guys,

David has just provided photos of what I've been saying aobut the leopards on the Save all along. 90% plus success on mature Tom's.

I believe Dr. Norman was the one who killed the 212 pounder. On the neighboring property Mokore's record I believe is 187 LB. It is no wonder these hunts are sold out 2 years ahead.

If you want a "TOAD" of a leopard this may very well be one of the top destinations in Africa.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that Mark. Yes, it was indeed Dr Norman who took that monster. I wasn't with RWS then, but it is the stuff of legend and I've heard the story a number of times. I still want to know how a guy like you has only seen 7 snakes! Was it a typo?? Pop around for tea when you hunt the Save later on in the season. I'd very much like to meet you, your reputation precedes you, Sir.

Dave

one of us
posted Hide Post
David,

I've explained the best I can today on the snake thread. Check it out.

Thanks for the invite. I see no reason that we couldn't do that. You might have to find me a whiskey though.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote