Find
Notify
Tools

Ban hunting?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of 500nitro
posted
this guy seems to think that hunting should be banned, as it is no longer a justifiable conservation tool. http://africaanswerman.com/

Harris Safaris
PO Box 853
Gillitts
RSA 3603

www.southernafricansafaris.co.za
https://www.facebook.com/pages...=aymt_homepage_panel

"There is something about safari life that makes you forget all your sorrows and feel as if you had drunk half a bottle of champagne." - Karen Blixen,

Posts: 1069 | Location: Durban,KZN, South Africa | Registered: 16 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
"The main reason big game hunting should be immediately ended throughout almost all of Africa is corruption and bad policy. The same reasons that conservatives use to deplore even humanitarian aid to emerging nations is grossly evident in Africa’s management of sports hunting, today."

Sounds like he is advocating throwing up our hands, letting the animals be slaughtered and putting up strip malls cuckoo

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3828 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
This is what has become known as "The Idiots Way To Gain Attention"

When someone has nothing useful to write about, he picks an easy subject that is bound to get some attention from like minded idiots.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67079 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
This is what has become known as "The Idiots Way To Gain Attention"

When someone has nothing useful to write about, he picks an easy subject that is bound to get some attention from like minded idiots.

+1, couldn't have said it any better than that.

Posts: 3861 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

Unfortunately, this seems to be the desired end product of the US education system these days; like-minded idiots. There sure seems to be a lot of them lately. Karl Marx referred to them as "useful idiots."

This country needs an enema.

barf

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

DRSS; NRA; Illinois State Rifle Association; Missouri Sport Shooting Association

“One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce, and canonized those who complain.”
– Thomas Sowell, “The Vision Of The Anointed: Self-Congratulation As A Basis For Social Policy”

Posts: 771 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 09 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Some people just hit their heads one too many times when they were young
It's the same thing with veggie eaters, pine cone eaters, Prius drivers, politicians, cops ... You name it. Same controlling personalities that always want to tell other people how to live according to them. The dogooders that spent their teens and twenties in purple haze and now they have all the answers for rest of us
They wouldn't make it through one winter in Ice age

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
Supercilious twats, every last one of them. Liberal wankers living on bran and soy milk with a couple sedatives thrown to really confuse their far too few brain cells.

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Hunting and science need to work side-by-side. Hunters need to embrace science based conservation. In-turn scientists need to see sport-hunting as "the best method" to keep populations in check while giving wildlife value.

Once the 2 factions conjoin...the "true and pure antis" have no teeth.

This is what LCTF has been about from the beginning...bringing science and hunting together.

One thing that IS true in the piece is that corruption is wide-spread and it does get in the way of science-based best-practice conservation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36719 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
Hunting and science need to work side-by-side. Hunters need to embrace science based conservation. In-turn scientists need to see sport-hunting as "the best method" to keep populations in check while giving wildlife value.

ledvm is correct. If you want a touchstone subject that is a little closer to home to check on your own true attitude about this, examine what your stance is regarding chronic wasting disease and the research and management strategies currently being used to combat it. If you find yourself on the side that is fighting the natural resource agencies, I would submit you are part of the problem and need to support the management activities the science dictates.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

DRSS; NRA; Illinois State Rifle Association; Missouri Sport Shooting Association

“One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce, and canonized those who complain.”
– Thomas Sowell, “The Vision Of The Anointed: Self-Congratulation As A Basis For Social Policy”

Posts: 771 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 09 January 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Only problem is that a government scientist is now defined as a two to four year indoctrination/degreed in ecology. Or their boss at the department just got a BA in Ecological Theory with a minor in pallet composting.

Who would have ever thought that our game departments would want and pay more for BS/BA in ecology? A biologist with a BS or more, is going to create a bland, realistic program based on solid fact and empirical data. That's problematic for funding and PR when the various groups picket the office. Emotional, unsupportable theory, especially when extrapolated years out gets more attention ($). Especially when there's even a slight chance that it could actually happen.

Posts: 659 | Location: "The Muck", NJ | Registered: 10 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
Not to mention, the director can be an appointed politician, with zero relevant education.
I agree, proper management by professionals should dictate hunting policy.

Posts: 5701 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I never used the word "government" to precede the word "scientist" in any post I wrote. Most of the scientists I work with are independent researchers.

Government bureaucrats are usually capable of making ice cream taste bad.

Few are more libertarian than I...government and proper science do NOT go hand-in-hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36719 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote