New
Find
Notify
Tools

Keeping a Promise
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I remember, in 1970, I was ten years old and setting in a treehouse, reading "Use Enough Gun." In it Robert Ruark and Harry Selby were in east Africa, crawling about amongst buffalo and having a great time.

So I promised myself, I too would hunt Africa!

Tomorrow, I am keeping that promise by leaving for Namibia.

It isn't East Africa and there won't be any buffalos, but it will do.

See you all in a couple weeks.

Joe.

Posts: 1372 | Location: USA | Registered: 18 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Good luck! I'm following you over to Namibia next June.

Posts: 3291 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JeffP
posted Hide Post
"Living the Dream"...
Good luck Joe,hope you have the hunt of your life.

Jeff

Posts: 2482 | Location: Alaska....At heart | Registered: 17 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You will never regret going and you will want to return the moment you leave. Make sure you really savor every moment and don't let yourself get caught up in anything that detracts from the experience. Your trip is already a success simply in the fact you are going. Best of luck to you!

[ 09-23-2003, 21:13: Message edited by: VI-Shooter ]

Posts: 184 | Location: Southern Arizona | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
JMac,

You do realize by posting here you now owe us pictures and stories when you return.
Take it all in and enjoy your trip.

Kind regards
Carl

Posts: 189 | Location: Was Kansas, USA - Now South Australia | Registered: 03 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Go get 'em Joe! Glad to see a man of his word.

Posts: 4779 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll give odds he shoots a Buff before its all said and done...Nobody goes to Africa once.

Have a great hunt.

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigBullet
posted Hide Post
JMac,

I,ve been to Namibia twice, you will love it! Unique scenery, good shooting, good people. Good Luck,

BigBullet

[ 09-23-2003, 23:31: Message edited by: BigBullet ]

Posts: 1212 | Location: Lorraine, NY New York's little piece of frozen tundra | Registered: 05 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My wife and I got back from Namibia 2 weeks ago. It was more than I had expected and more than I can put into words [Smile] You'll have a great time and good luck with your hunt [Big Grin]

"Nobody goes to Africa once" Man, Ray, after spending 25 plus hours on airplanes just to get there I thought I'd NEVER do this again [Frown] But after spending 9 days hunting and seeing a small part of Africa I can't wait to go back. [Big Grin] Sunday afternoon I was watching a TV program about Africa, when they showned the African sun setting I was there all over again. We started planning our next trip right then. Africa '05!!!!

Posts: 1739 | Location: alabama | Registered: 13 November 2001Reply With Quote
<Rusty>
posted
Jmac,
Have a great time

one of us
posted Hide Post
JMac,

I know you will have a good time with Vaughan. Save some animals for me and by the hand a bunch of baits for me while you are there, I coming in right behind you.

Mike

Posts: 1852 | Location: Prairieville,Louisiana, USA | Registered: 09 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
JMac, I didn't know you would be hunting with Vaughan. [Big Grin] Thats who we hunted with, you'll have a GREAT time. Heres a link to some of our photos, look at pages 3 thru 5.
http://groups.msn.com/20012002HuntingSeasoninAlabama/shoebox.msnw?Page=3

If you have any questions about hunting with Vaughan or his camp send me an e-mail and I'll send you my phone number.

Africa '05

[ 09-24-2003, 23:04: Message edited by: mark65x55 ]

Posts: 1739 | Location: alabama | Registered: 13 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
Ray hit it right on the head. I was planning my next trip to Africa while waiting to board my flight home from Tanzania.

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote