New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for Chui!, by Hallamore
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Down to 10 months until the leopard hunts in Namibia for my son and I. Getting more excited every day. Trying to find a copy of this book for a display with a mount, but have been unsuccessful for the last two months. Also posted on Book/Video thread. Anyone got an idea or info?

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CFA
posted Hide Post
Try www.baobabbooks.com and Ellen Herring at www.trophyroombooks.com they both have found books for me in the past. That will not be easy to find nor cheap but it is a good book.

CFA

*If you are not hunting in Africa you are planning to hunt in Africa*

Posts: 465 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 15 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
Boabab Books is 10 minutes from me, I've been up to her place a number of times. she has a really good collection of African books.

Good luck finding one, I got my copy last year, here on AR. I'd say this would be the site to find one, Good Luck!

"America's Meat - - - SPAM"

As always, Good Hunting!!!

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. I have tried the sites mentioned above and any other source I could think of. No luck, but haven't given up yet. Have my friends in RSA and Namibia looking occassionally also, so maybe one will turn up somewhere.

FWIW. We spent the day setting up the SCI Sensory Safari at the public library today for a childrens exhibit. That sure was fun to watch them pet the critters, and talk to lots of new faces about Africa.

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
Blank,

PM sent.

Lou Hallamore's In the Salt also summarizes Chui! in the leopard section if you just want to read about it.

I took a copy of Chui! to SCI one yer, and asked Lou to autograph it. We had a good talk on leopard hunting. He is the real deal.

jim

if you're too busy to hunt,you're too busy.

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Copy located. Thanks evryone on AR; you're the best!