Find
Notify
Tools

AR Public Service Awards
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Gonzo FreakPower
posted
We all help each other out on this forum, usually by answering a specific question or contributing a relevant experience. This is what AR is all about for me.

But some of us take it a giant leap further. Some provide without being asked, often expending significant resources in the process.

I've personally benefited from two such individual's efforts and I'm sure there's others that I'm not aware of. I'd like to nominate these two for their outstanding work (chronologically). Both these guys took what I can only assume is a TON of time to give us all something we could enjoy and learn from.

First is Nickudu for his posting of classic articles scanned from magazines.
Second is Seafire/B17G for his Blue Dot load development.

Whether we can do something "official" in recognition of this spirit of public service or just chime in here is up to Saeed and the moderators. I'll be posting this on a few other forums as well, just for good coverage.

Thanks for your time and I encourage you all to recognize others that have gone "above and beyond."

Posts: 557 | Location: Various... | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of WyoJoe
posted Hide Post
Gonzo,
I think Ray Atkinson needs to be added to this list too (man I hope he doesn't read this). He gives a lot of time on this forum imparting his experience and wisdom. I have never met him personally and have only talked to him on the phone once but he impresses me as the type if he says something you can "take it to the bank".

Posts: 1172 | Location: Cheyenne, WY | Registered: 15 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gonzo,

There are a lot of fine people here who spend a lot of time talking to inexperienced and new hunters. If a list were to be made, it would be huge.

I guess I'll just say that I am grateful to Saeed, Don Greenbaum and all of the moderators and experts here. Yes, they all need our thanks for these wonderful forums. Would there be a way of honouring them? I don't think we would be able to find a sufficiently proportionate way to do this when we consider how much every one of them has done to keep all the members here very happy.

Good hunting!

Posts: 2717 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BOWHUNR
posted Hide Post
Terry Carr should also be included, as his packing list is second to none. In fact, I have a printed copy laying on my desk as I type this since my wife and I leave for S.A. tomorrow.

Thanks Terry!!

BOWHUNR

Posts: 636 | Location: Omaha, NE U.S.A. | Registered: 28 April 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Hi Gonzo,

While Mehul is absolutely correct in saying there are many here working for the good of the website, I certainly do appreciate the sentiment and your taking time out to express it. Thank you very much. It is my pleasure.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote