New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jumbo in Botswana
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Would like to find out who are the best Ele PH's in Botswana.. I know many of you have hunted there.. Your Experiences/Trust..
Thanks,
AK

Posts: 16798 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 21 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you want the guy who has the most quota in Bots and averages the heaviest ele (probably in all of Africa) you would need to talk to Johan Calitz and be ready to mortage the house. He averages about 65# I believe. I just got the price list from him today if you want it.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A friend just went to Botswana and he went with Jeff Rann Safaris.

Posts: 1092 | Location: Florida | Registered: 14 August 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
You might want to find/contact Chris Collins. He takes a few hunters every year and does pretty well on his hunts.

Posts: 1148 | Location: The Hunting Fields | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwanna
posted Hide Post
Jeff Rann is a "mortgage the house" option as well (about 58K, all inclusive I believe). However, he kills some nice bulls. Watch the videos on his website Rann Safaris

Posts: 1667 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
For $200,000 you can could hunt a nice elephant and Lion in Botswana!

Robert Johnson

Posts: 599 | Location: Soldotna Alaska | Registered: 05 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
try Greg Butler at Greg Butler Safaris. it was his Xai Xai concession that produced a 90 plus pounder this year and his prices are much lower than Rann or Calitz

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13163 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted Hide Post
Don't forget the Guys in the Caprivi strip those same big elephant move in and out between Namibai and Bostwana. And then Kai-Uwe Denker has bagged a couple of 100 pounders in the Kavango area.

So there is options outside Botswana as well.

Frederik Cocquyt
I always try to use enough gun but then sometimes a brainshot works just as good.

Posts: 2548 | Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa | Registered: 06 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Gent's..
AK

Posts: 16798 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 21 February 2006Reply With Quote