Find
Notify
Tools

Special Tuffpak Offer To AR Members
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kernal
You can buy the same lock assembly at any good Lock store for $16.00 and it comes with two keys. keys can be made for $5.00 each at the same store. Tuff paks price is way out of line.
They make a good case but I feel it is over priced. I have one. I also have SKB and Ameri case, so I speak from experiance

Posts: 124 | Location: CA | Registered: 19 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
MZEE

Do you have both the SKB Freedom Travel case and the Tuffpak?

Posts: 1739 | Location: alabama | Registered: 13 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
PC

If you or Nitro find a way of getting these to Aus for a reasonable amount I would also be interested in one

Posts: 789 | Location: Australia | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The orders are pouring in and I do appreciate it. For a number of you it appears this is not your first Tuffpak and those sales really make me feel good.
I sent two more to a customer in Alabama today. He has had one for years but bought two more today as he and five pals are off to hunt buff in Zim with Russ Broom.
I sent four to a family in west Texas.
My guess is that not everyone shares the views of Mzee. Big Grin
Oh...I too have owned / used Americase, Pelican, Cascade and others... I guess I too can speak from experience...Tuffpak beats them all hands down!
If some of these other cases are such great cases why are gun makers such as Kreighoff, Holland & Holland, Westley Richards, Purdey, Searcy, Browning, Leupold, Swarovski, A&S, Brown, Dakota Arms and many others traveling in these cases? I sold them to them and they paid full retail. (it pays to be an AR member)...these makers don't own just one Tuffpak...they own multiples and that is how they get to SCI, SHOT and other major shows around the world. If their toys arrived broken they would be most unhappy with me. I have sold one noted firearms manuf. 12 so far.
I guess they don't know a good SKB golf case when they see one. Razzer
Some of you guys will just never admit that one product is better than another. If you had a gold spoon up your rear you would bitch about the color.

You can borrow money but you can not borrow time. Go hunting with your family.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Harry,

You have a PM.

Posts: 1739 | Location: alabama | Registered: 13 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mark
I replied to your PM.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have never seen one of theese in person and I was wondering how you pack scoped rifles so the scopes dont get damaged in transit ? I have one of the aluminum cases that looks like a bumper for the front of a Texas hill country pickup, and it weighs just as much. I really like that roll on take down model. Now that's SLICK ! thumb

Posts: 1010 | Registered: 03 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ChuckWagon's question is a good one.

Harry, you've made a generous offer.

Regards, Tim

Posts: 1322 | Location: Washington, DC | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Chuck Wagon
I am not sure how others do it but as for me I just put the rifle in the soft case as per usual. I put the soft cases inside the Tuffsak muzzle down. (Nothing else is in the Sak with the rifles.)
All of our clothing etc. are then placed around the outside of the Tuffsak.
The Tuffpak is the bun.
The Tuffsak is the wiener.
The clothing etc. is the relish on the wiener.
If I have to do show and tell at airports etc then I undo drawstring top on Sak, unzip case part way and pull rifle up by buttstock. I show that rifle is empty and here is the serial number however...I never take rifle out of "anything".
Now I put rifle back in Sak (wiener), zip up case, tighten up drawstring, replace top on the bun and go about my business.
If I use the Sak with nothing but rifles inside I have prevented anything from getting under the Sak that prevents me from getting rifles back into the Bun with ease! The nylon is slick and greases the way for the rifle to get back into the space it will ride in.
All the "relish" and the soft case protects my rifle and scope.
In the bottom of the bun I put shoes or jacket or something I do not need until I get to where I will hunt and that something protects muzzle end of soft case and bbl. from any hard drop.
I do not take scope off or bolt out. Nothing broken nor misaligned to date.
I am sure everyone does it some other way and if it gets there ok then that too must be the way to do it. I have only described the way I pack my own case.

one of us
posted Hide Post
At that price I am done borrowing one, I'll be in touch Harry.

Posts: 1527 | Location: NC | Registered: 10 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Harry PM sent.

Regards
JohnT

Posts: 370 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
John T
I replied to your PM.
Thank you.

AR members...thank you for the great response.
Most orders have been shipped already. What Brown is gonna do for you is make you a happy camper I hope! Big Grin

one of us
posted Hide Post
AR members rock!
You guys have placed so many order that the factory is behind!
FYI...it will be 10 days to 2 weeks before we can ship out all orders now. The first 50% have already been shipped and many received but this last batch will be 10 days to 2 weeks.
Thanks for your business...the Kaplan family and I both really appreciate your support.
I am still working on trying to get AR members some sort of a deal on Sure Fire. I have yet to get the rabbit out of the hat but I am still trying to find his ears! Don't give up.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Harry,

My Pak, Sac and Bags just arrived. Fantastic quality! Thank you for the great deal.

DRSS
NRA Life Member
VDD-GNA

Posts: 326 | Location: Cheyenne area WY USA | Registered: 18 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Harry,
Received my Tuff Saddle. This is a great product at a great price. Thanks again, can't wait to use it!

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4781 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
Harry, is there a link to an "AR Tuffpak siscoutn" or something, how do we go about getting the discount price on-line?
thanks

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
fredj338
On the order page there is "how found?"
Put that you are an AR member in there and I will give the the special price on your card."

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mims,
All arrived yesterday! That was quick shipping. I am ready to go now - woohoo.
Thank you for a great deal!
Melody
www.long-grass.com

Posts: 151 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bwanahile
posted Hide Post
Mims,

Got my TuffPak and sak yesterday!! Thanks!! thumb Looking forward to the Surefire offer (hopefully it will pan out). Lets see whats next.....optics? guns???? Thanks again!!

Posts: 757 | Location: Nashville/West Palm Beach | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Harry thanks for the quick reply!

one of us
posted Hide Post
The good news is...some Tuffpaks made it in from where we have them molded. At the home office is where they are all cleaned up, the straps, wheels, lock etc. etc. are put on.
Anyway...what that all means is that a bunch of what was ordered in the last two days is being shipped today instead of two weeks from now!
Now....I forgot to mention to all of you. There is a hole on the inside of your Tuffpak (where your handle on the outside is) and that hole is a great place to put your one pc. cleaning rod!
Works like a champ. Big Grin
Thank you again AR members for your super responses. Good visiting with you all too.
Melody...you may need a cage! Yahoooo!
Oh...you gotta admit...being a gun person and living on Gunsmoke Lane...can't be all bad! Some folks just have the right address. Razzer

one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
Thanks Harry, my order will be on the way tonight.

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
I just got off the phone with Harry and if you don't take advantage of his offer my bet is that you'll regret it. Thanks again, Harry.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2946 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I keep forgetting to mention this but...I hope you will consider ordering the Tuffsak at the same time.
It is a 1,000 denier Cordura nylon duffle bag made to fit inside the Tuffpak.
Features are full length double side zippers, a drawstring top, a luggage handle and a wide shoulder strap.
The two main reasons for one of these are IF you are told there is no room for your hard case in the pvt. plane / car etc. then you just jerk out the Tuffsak with all your gear in it and leave the hard case at the PH's house. (This has happened to me twice to date)
Reason #2 for having one.
All the sudden you have the need to get something out of your Tuffpak but you hate to unpack all the stuff you have in there and what you want is near the bottom. Slide out the Tuffsak and un-zip the side zipper and find what you need...re-zip and slide back into the Tuffpak.
I know, I know...you have a duffle already but...not a full length one like this with all the bells and whistles this one has.
I promise you...if you like your Tuffpak you will really appreciate having the Tuffsak down the road. The two just work hand in hand. The price is $60. No chg. for shipping when we ship the other stuff.
Think on it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
All Orders have been shipped.
Thanks Big Grin

one of us
Picture of Joel C
posted Hide Post
Harry,

I sent my order in...did it get there?

Posts: 130 | Location: Ripon, WI | Registered: 09 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Joel C.
Shipped it!
Thanks.

One of Us
Picture of Dom
posted Hide Post
Harry, must have been you I talked with last night when I placed my order. Just wanted to say thanks for the great offer to AR members. I know I'm new and don't post much, just wanted to let you know I appreciate it. Waidmannsheil, Dom.

-------- There are those who only reload so they can shoot, and then there are those who only shoot so they can reload. I belong to the first group. Dom ---------

Posts: 728 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
Now....I forgot to mention to all of you. There is a hole on the inside of your Tuffpak (where your handle on the outside is) and that hole is a great place to put your one pc. cleaning rod!
Works like a champ. Big Grin

Harry, are you saying: a (or two?) one-piece rod can safely be put into the Tuffpak (no chance of bending or breaking), even if it is not in a "rod-case"?? This is certainly an interesting tid-bit!
- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A one pc. rod should fit just fine. Mine does.
Dom...it was me and you are welcome.
Thanks to all of you for such a wonderful response.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mims, Recieved the Tuff Saddle and New Handle for my Tuffpak today. Thank you.

Is the exact dimension of the Bow case 12" ? Will it hold two bows? Does anyone use a Tuffpak Bow case with a Matthews LX? My Matthews LX is 11 1/2 wide (without stabilizer) I ordereded a Switchback and am not sure of the width. I do not think it would fit in the soft case and then inside the Tuffpak if it is only 12" across.

Thanks again for the offer.

Mike

Posts: 1093 | Location: Florida | Registered: 14 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mims,
Thank you for offering this deal to AR members. Truely a combination of great service and a great product. I just put my order in.

Jeff

In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is king.

Posts: 784 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 18 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Skibum,
I plead MAJOR ignorance when it comes to what bows fit in the Tuffpaks.
All I can do is give you the specs (which are on the site) and the rest is a SWAG!

Thank you Jeff for the kind words.

one of us
Picture of SnakeLover
posted Hide Post
Harry - email sent

Posts: 472 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
too good of a deal to pass up, so I just placed my order---a big Thank You to Mims---chris

Posts: 304 | Location: San Francisco, CA, USA | Registered: 14 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BOWHUNR
posted Hide Post
Hi Mims,

I will be calling you to order a Tuffsaddle and Tuffsak. I puchased my case from you in '01 before my first safari to Zim. I think it is the best hunting accessory I have ever bought. I was going to order on-line, however I did not see the Tuffsaddle offered on your site. Maybe I'm just an idiot?

Thanks For The Offer,

BOWHUNR

NEVER BOOK A HUNT WITH JEFF BLAIR AT BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING!

Posts: 636 | Location: Omaha, NE U.S.A. | Registered: 28 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bowhunr...you are not blind nor an idiot...it is not on my site.
It is a $225 value that we are offering for $55 at the moment.
It will strap around the Tuffpak you like (thank you for the very nice comment about your TP) and let the mule do the work for you.
Let me know if I can be of help.
Better tomorrows,
Mims

one of us
posted Hide Post
Bowhunr...we had Kudu pizza for supper one night in RSA...Kudu pizza with pickles no less and it was damn good!!
Kudu...It is not just for breakfast anymore! Big Grin

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sniper...CSutton...
many thanks for the kind comments and notices.
We do appreciate the business.
thumb

One of Us
Picture of Doyle Hufstedler
posted Hide Post
My Tuffpak arrived today best mail order service I ever had
Thanks
Doyle

"He must go -- go -- go away from here!
On the other side the world he's overdue.
'Send your road is clear before you when the old Spring-fret comes o'er you,
And the Red Gods call for you!"
Rudyard Kipling - 1887 - The Feet Of The Young Men