New
Find
Notify
Tools

Special Tuffpak Offer To AR Members
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
There are many of you that have supported us for many years and we want to say, "Thank You!"
There are many more of you that want to buy Tuffpak but for one reason or another have yet to do so.
Tuffpak and Hunters Headquarters now wish to offer Accurate Reloading members only a one month special opportunity.
Purchase a standard Tuffpak (the one with the new handle) at the special price of $250 plus $20 shipping in the lower USA.
To sweeten the pot even more you can buy a Tuff Saddle at the super low price of $55 each. The Tuff Saddle is basically a twin nylon duffle bag that straps around the outside of your Tuffpak when you are going from the parking lot to the terminal etc. At the ticket counter you unbuckle it and either check it as part of your luggage or take it on board and place it in the overhead bin. Not to be left attached to your Tuffpak at this point.
This offer good starting May 15 and runs thru business end of June 15, 2005.
You may order using our secure web page at www.hunters-hq.com or you may call 817 267 3700 between 9 AM and 6 PM Central Standard Time, Monday thru Sat. and order direct.
All major cards accepted.
All orders will be shipped ground UPS.
Please allow two to three weeks for delivery.
This offer is good for AR Members only and not available from anyone except Hunters Headquartes.

You can borrow money but you can not borrow time. Go hunting with your family.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bwanahile
posted Hide Post
Harry, THANKS for a great offer. I will give you guys a call today! thumb

Posts: 757 | Location: Nashville/West Palm Beach | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 30ott6
posted Hide Post
Harry- That's really a nice offer. I purchased mine from you last year and just love it. I assume you will be sending me a refund check by June 15th? Wink

John

Posts: 1143 | Location: Cody, WY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
Harry, If you made me this offer six weeks ago, I wouldn't have a lousy Pelican case in my possession! Wink

Cheers,
Canuck

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Russell E. Taylor
posted Hide Post
I'd like the padded handle. What's the difference between TP-CHR and TP-CHR?

Thanks, Mims.

Russ

The doing of unpleasant deeds calls for people of an unpleasant nature.

Posts: 2982 | Location: Silvis, IL | Registered: 12 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
Thanks Harry, I may just take you up on your kind offer. beer

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
If this offer applied to the take-down version and was made a week ago, they would not have just delivered my new Cabelas rolling duffel to my office and I would be using a Tuffpak as my checked bag (in addition to the full-sized one I bought last year as my gun case).

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Harry,

Is this a photo of the Tuff Saddle you are referring to?

http://www.tuffpak.com/retail/product1.asp?P=TP%2DTS

If so, save one for me as I'll be calling.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4781 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
SBT
That is correct...the Tuff Saddle is much bigger inside than it shows in photo. Heck of a deal.

one of us
Picture of 30ott6
posted Hide Post
Harry- Am I missing something here? The price for the tuffsaddle is $255 and you are offering them for $55? Is that correct? Help me understand this Mims!!

John

Posts: 1143 | Location: Cody, WY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
John...you got it all down correct...
It is the first ever Hunters Headquarters / AR members only Thank You deal.
Nobody says I have to be sane nor profitable...you guys have helped me no end and so I am going to do this for one month.
Jump in while you can!
Better tomorrows, Mims

One of Us
Picture of TheBigGuy
posted Hide Post
Will my Bow fit in the standard Tuffpak? (I have a BowTech Extreme Solo). I am seriously considering the Tuffpak Bowcase. That is an awesome deal you are offering on the standard.

Posts: 1282 | Registered: 17 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andy
posted Hide Post
Do current Tough Packs have a TSA compatible lock?

Thanks, Andy

Posts: 1278 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 16 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andy:

Thanks, Andy

No, not if you mean one that TSA can open without breaking in.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
Harry,

Would you consider trading for a "New In Box" Pelican 1750??? The foam is already cut out for two scoped rifles!!

Cheers
Canuck

ps: Seriously, thanks for offering this to AR members. I wish I could take advantage of it, but I am really happy for all of our members that have the opportunity.

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Harry,
Thanks for the great offer! I'll be ordering the Tuff Saddle on Wed. I almost wish I needed another Tuff Pak, but I've had mine for 7 years, and after two trips to Africa, and multiple trips to and from Alaska, it is absolutely the best thing out there for transporting guns period...I bought mine at SCI in '98, and it vastly outperformed my partner's heavier, bulkier, equal cost unit that had a damaged wheel before we made it out of the US. The Tuff Pak is definitely a piece of equipment, where "you get what you pay for."

Can the new handle be adapted to the older style Tuff Pak? I'll ask over the phone when I place my order.

Thanks again for this great offer!
Dave
zim698 Smiler

Posts: 53 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 30 June 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andy:

Thanks, Andy

The rules are that only the owner should have the key (or combination) to the lock on firearms. I wouldn't put a TSA compatible lock on firearms case. If they really want in, I want them to break it open. I am not about to give those government bozos unfettered access to my guncase.

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
On my trip over the pond last Oct., TSA asked me for a key & opened my case w/ me standing there. This was @ LAX. Just in case, is there any other way to lock the Tuffpak, like handcuffs maybe?

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As to what bows fit the standard Tuffpak. Beats me as I am not an archer however we keep a standard compound bow in the Reno booth to show it fits fine in our larger bow / rilfe case. From what I have been told you will have to take off your stabilizer if you try and use the standard Tuffpak. The standard was built for guns and it will take a standard bag of 9 golf clubs but you will most likely have to take off something on your bow to make it fit in the standard case.
No, no and no...we do not offer anything that has any locking device except our vending machine key lock.
I understand that many of you want the discount on any Tuffpak case you need but it does not work that way. The discount is for the standard case only. There is only so much money we are willing to lose in order to say "Thanks!"

one of us
Picture of CFA
posted Hide Post
Harry,

That's a great offer, I already have one of your Tuffpaks which is better than anything else I have ever used. But I will call you tomorrow to order a sadle for it.

Thanks

CFA

*If you are not hunting in Africa you are planning to hunt in Africa*

Posts: 465 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 15 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Mighty Joe
posted Hide Post
quote:
one of your Tuffpaks which is better than anything else I have ever used. But I will call you tomorrow to order

Harry, thanks, I just ordered the saddle bag and a couple cans of wipe out. I couldn't complete the order details as your offer isn't on your website. So, I inserted a note about your AR offer for the saddle bag @ $ 55.00 in the notes.

And thanks again.

Prayer, planning, preperation, perseverence, proper procedure, and positive attitude, positively prevents poor performance.

Posts: 910 | Location: Oakwood, OK, USA | Registered: 11 September 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Harry I went to the website and ordered a tuff pak, but the price was not reduced, how does this work, my credit card was charged the full amount

Posts: 32 | Location: New York | Registered: 14 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Harry,

would you ship to Australia ?? and roughly what would shipping cost ??

Kind Regards PC.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You can just e mail me with a note you are an AR member and for the reduced rate. We will take care of the new pricing.

PC. The cost to Australia is very expensive.
I think Nitro Express is trying to become a dealer there sooopo.
Best way to get one overseas right now is to have someone visiting take it home for you as luggage.

<allen day>
posted
This is a tremendous offer. I just bought a Tuffpak setup from Mims myself!

AD

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mims? What about the part numbers in my earlier post?

Russ

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mims, nevermind, got this off the main site.

====

The optional Cushioned Handle is available for the Original Tuffpak and the Tuffpak Bow cases. This handle has room for big hands and provides a more comfortable tow handle for your Tuffpak.

This SKU is intended for those who want to complete this upgrade themselves. TP-CHP is a kit that includes all necessary components for this upgrade.

Kit includes:
Cushioned Handle
Rivets
Washers

Tools needed to complete upgrade:
Drill
Pop Rivet tool

Proceedure:
Drill out rivets holding the original handle
Place Cushioned handle on Tuffpak Lid
Insert 1st two rivets in existing holes
Apply washer to rivet inside lid and pull rivets
Drill second set of holes through lid using the handle holes as a guide
Install second set of rivets.

If you would like to purchase this item as an option on a new case you are ordering right now, Please use model TP-CHO. If you would like us to do the upgrade, please use model TP-CHR.

====

I'll contact you about the Tuff Saddle, shortly, to buy one.

Thanks, Mims.

Russ

one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
I ordered a Tuff Saddle and the upgrade handle, what a deal! Thanks Harry!

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4781 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Harry,
I'm not geeting it. Maybe it's the picture. How does the Tuff Saddle attach to the Tuffpak ?

Geronimo

Posts: 816 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It just buckles around the outside of the Tuffpak.
The object of the game is that this is a pc. of useful luggage designed to be strapped around your Tuffpak and rolled along instead of hanging on your shoulder or taking up the use of your other hand. Let the Tuffpak be the mule and carry the burden. It is NOT meant to be left on when the Tuffpak is checked in.

Every one wants to know how come I go by Harry is my name is Mims. Look at the safari guy that I use as my logo. He is Harry Hunter!

one of us
Picture of Palmer
posted Hide Post
Harry,
Does the saddle fit on the short Tuff Pak also? If so, what would the price be of the short Tuff Pak and saddle?

ALLEN W. JOHNSON - DRSS

Into my heart on air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?
That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

A. E. Housman

Posts: 2251 | Location: Mo, USA | Registered: 21 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mims for this great offer. I enjoyed talking to you this morning.
For those with the older style Tuff pak, the new handle can be installed on them, and for only $10, I ordered one to go with the Tuff saddle, and liner.
Thanks again Mims!

zim698 Smiler

Posts: 53 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 30 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,
Thank you for your many orders and nice comments about Tuffpak. It is most interesting to hear how you guys use them and where in heck you have been with them.
All the orders that were placed last night and today were shipped from CA today.
Your business is appreciated.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Harry,

when you say shipping to oz is expensive what figure do you reckon we are talking ??

Regards PC.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Harry,

Is there any way to get replacement keys and/or locks for my tuffpak. In an unfortunate moment of stupidity in Walvis Bay, Namibia I let my camera and spare key get stolen. I tried contacting tuffpak directly but got no response. Thanks for the offer and also for any info!!!

K

Posts: 211 | Location: West of the Big Muddy | Registered: 15 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Kernel,
Spare keys are $35 a set of two.
Please note the key # branded into top of case under nylon strap and then call 619 258 1200 (Nalpak) and give them your key #, credit card info etc.
I keep my keys on a beaded dog tag chain while I am on safari. If I lose my keys I must have lost my head too so ...no problem!

As to shipping to OZ...a bunch of $. UPS charges like 35 # for a 20# package. They hang me for cubic feet and not weight.
I have tried BAX etc. and any shipment out of the USA is a wad!
We keep cases in all the booths during at the safari conventions so that customers from overseas can buy and take them home as luggage.
If you have a client or buddy going to OZ from USA then maybe they could get it to you as luggage. Lots less expensive that way.
We need a dealer down under...figure out how many you want and we can do part container or full container etc. and get your freight factor in line.
I am always looking for a dealer in foreign countries.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Tuffpak Owners, Mims, fill me in will ya, please??

You normally pack rifles into your Tuffpak in regular soft cases, and pad with other items (such as clothing) to have the soft cases stay in place inside the Tuffpak?? Yes??

What is the weight of the standard Tuffpak on its own??

Sorry to be thick, I've never used one of these before.

- mike

P.S. Found the weight of the empty Tuffpak on the Hunters-HQ website: 17lbs.

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think everyone that uses the Tuffsak inside the Tuffpak is a much happier camper.
There comes a time when someone tells you they can not take a hard case for whatever the reason. That is when you just reach in and haul out your goodies in the Tuffsak and go on.
Has happened to me twice so far.
The Saddle is just re-designed luggage that works for you instead of against you. When you get it packed you just strap it to your "Mule" (aka Tuffpak) and let the "Mule" carry the burden instead of you. That is why you have that solid axel, those wheels and that nice rubber handle!
Leaves you a free hand to wave at all the pretty ladies along the way! Wink
AR members have taken advantage of my offer so far so I will see if there is another product that I can offer soon that will blow your skirt up. You never know what I will come up with.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. I did the same thing you did, but my paranoia of losing keys had me bring the spare and stuff it in my camera case. It ws acutally the spare that got stolen as my head is still pretty well attached. That is unless you ask my wife Smiler

Posts: 211 | Location: West of the Big Muddy | Registered: 15 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mims for the deal! I ordered the Tuffpak, the Tuff Saddle, and I even got talked into ordering the Tuff Sack. Will leave the heavy aluminum cases behind this time. I plan on taking the Tuffpak products with me to Africa in less than one month for Elephant, Cape Buffalo and Lion, (maybe Croc too), as well as a smattering of Plains Game. Thanks again.