Find
Notify
Tools

oryx
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Photobucket

Posts: 410 | Location: Benton, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: 16 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
So many questions. Whistling

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree with the OP. It is definitely an oryx. Big Grin

Posts: 144 | Location: sw Michigan | Registered: 19 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry,

I have been trying for some time to manage to upload a photo, I really did not expect it to work this time bu it appears that I have finally managed to deal with that.

Taken last year in the Kalahari of Namibia with .416 Ruger, Barnes TSX 400 gr. using a nightforce 3.5 to 15 x 50mm.

Glenn

Photobucket

Posts: 410 | Location: Benton, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: 16 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do you get to re-post if you spell the name of the animal wrong?

Orix
Oryx

You can post the pictures again if you call it a Gemsbok

and again if you spell it Gemsbuck

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is why you are a Sharpshooter, just like my English Prof. It was never the content but how one spelled it.

Photobucket

One of Us
Picture of leopards valley safaris
posted Hide Post
I though it was spelled GEMSBUCK bewildered
animal

Dave Davenport
Outfitters license HC22/2012EC
Pro Hunters license PH74/2012EC
www.leopardsvalley.co.za
dave@leopardsvalley.co.za
+27 42 24 61388
HUNT AFRICA WHILE YOU STILL CAN
Follow us on FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/#!/leopardsvalley.safaris

Posts: 980 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 06 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by leopards valley safaris:
animal

Or even spelt.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9972 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
Stop learning me English Cool

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
we need more threads like this one dancing

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3035 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GOB:
Sorry,

I have been trying for some time to manage to upload a photo, I really did not expect it to work this time bu it appears that I have finally managed to deal with that.

Taken last year in the Kalahari of Namibia with .416 Ruger, Barnes TSX 400 gr. using a nightforce 3.5 to 15 x 50mm.

Glenn

picture?

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3035 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It don't much make me no never mind, I can't see the picture.

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's caus he got his thingamajig caught on his whatchacallit and then got it mixed in with his manaize.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pagosawingnut:
That's caus he got his thingamajig caught on his whatchacallit and then got it mixed in with his manaize.

Okay ! Pitch thet one agen. Jest a bit sloolee! Big Grin

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I w a s j u s t b e i n g a s m a r t a s s . is that slow enough. Meant no disrespect to GOB I just barely got the pic posting thing figured out with the help of subsailor74. Probably never would have figured it out by myself.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
Post a pic? I just bellow HELP! I have barely learnt to trim the wick and light the parafin. Cool

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It went away once, sorry but I am trying to sort out uploading photos. I shall try again with the oryx.

Rifle is Custom Mauser in .416 Ruger. 26 inch Lilja barrel. Bullet was .400 gr. Barnes TSX. Used IMR 4320 powder. Scope Nightforce 3.5 to 15 50mm.

Photobucket

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's a decent trophy, but it's a little overkill with the .416. You owe it to yourself to try to go back and take a larger one with a lighter rifle. Congrats though on a successful safari.

Posts: 636 | Location: The Hills | Registered: 24 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of leopards valley safaris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:
animal

Or even spelt.

rotflmo
Aaaaaaag CRAP sorry

Dave Davenport
Outfitters license HC22/2012EC
Pro Hunters license PH74/2012EC
www.leopardsvalley.co.za
dave@leopardsvalley.co.za
+27 42 24 61388
HUNT AFRICA WHILE YOU STILL CAN
Follow us on FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/#!/leopardsvalley.safaris

Posts: 980 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 06 December 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
Do you get to re-post if you spell the name of the animal wrong?

Orix
Oryx

You can post the pictures again if you call it a Gemsbok

and again if you spell it Gemsbuck

jumping

It is a member of the ORYX family and the proper name for this animal is GEMSBOK!

,,,,,,,,and English has nothing to do with the names becasue they are not english!
Nice animal GOB, no matter what you call it!

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good job GOB. Nice Gemsbok. Keep trying on the pics. I have to try again as well. Sometimes, I think I can hide my own eastereggs.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bawana,

I like the .416 Ruger and the .470 NE for close buffalo and elephant. I shall however seek your guidance next week in Vegas

Go Well,

Glenn

quote:
Originally posted by Bwana Moja:
That's a decent trophy, but it's a little overkill with the .416. You owe it to yourself to try to go back and take a larger one with a lighter rifle. Congrats though on a successful safari.

Photobucket

one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Yay, another lefty! dancing
Rifle and trophy look great. Thanks for the posting.
Naow fer alluz yuh whose nied inglush lesssens, remember mi 4um name...uh, hmm, waitz a minute I'z a sike perfesser.

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
animal

Well, in the Anglified spelling, that's the way you might spell gemsbok!

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stonecreek:
quote:
animal

Well, in the Anglified spelling, that's the way you might spell gemsbok!

What ? English = buck, Afrikaans = bok. Named by the rather short-sighted early settlers who mistook the majestic Oryx gazella for the Alpine Chamois: the Gamsbok. Cool

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Boer: Himsbock; or is that the "Hooked on Phonics" way...?

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
Boer: Himsbock; or is that the "Hooked on Phonics" way...?

Rich

.................................... jumping

NO! I think it EBONICS! Big Grin

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bawana,

I like the .416 Ruger and the .470 NE for close buffalo and elephant. I shall however seek your guidance next week in Vegas

Go Well,

Glenn

Glenn:
My pleasure and I'll buy, but you know Glenn I could get ya on the spelling above for the word "Bwana." You made it a three-syllable word and it's only a two-fer. The Swahili speaking would not appreciate the way you spelled it, but Sharpshooter has chided you enuf already! Don't worry about him anyway. He's a disgruntled Cardinals fan and they just lost their best player to a real team out here in Orange County, California.

Posts: 636 | Location: The Hills | Registered: 24 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana Moja:
they just lost their best player to a real team out here in Orange County, California.

Team must be subsidized!! Wink

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote