New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cam "Camshaft" Greig passes
 Login/Join

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
AND if you look close, Cam's hand is on the King's shoulder....something VERY close...!!

I had the chance too....and missed it....I sincerely regret that opportunity....never again in my lifetime!!

Cheers,

470EDDY

Posts: 2563 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
RIP, great man that made many a dream come through for those of us fortunate enough grasp the chance. Did Cameroon in April 2014 on one of his hunts, and was gunning for a Congo trip in 2017.
May new men step in his footsteps.

Posts: 91 | Location: Denmark, Hill Billy Westcoast | Registered: 18 December 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jorge400
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to hear about this. I had dinner with Cam and his brother in Dallas several years ago and their stories were amazing. RIP Cam and condolences to your family.

George

"...Africa. I love it, and there is no reason for me to explore why. She affects some people that way, and those who feel as I do need no explanation." from The Last Safari

Posts: 839 | Location: Cumming, Georgia USA | Registered: 17 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, Mike, thanks for reporting on this sad event. I never knew this man, but if you thought enough to do a very tough hunt with him, he must have been someone special.

Sorry to hear the bad news. Condolences to his family.

Posts: 2587 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jerry Huffaker
posted Hide Post
very sad , the man lived an interesting life. Was in the adventure right to the end. Condolences to the family.

Jerry Huffaker
State, National and World Champion Taxidermist

Posts: 2007 | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of MamunurRahman
posted Hide Post
I came to know Cam through a mutual friend in Bangladesh in the mid 90's . We took Cam for a two week trip to the Chittagong Hill Tracts . He was an avid hunter and wild life enthusiast. He came back twice more , to photograph the Serow and Gaur deep in the hill tracts. In 2000 , I went to his house in Palo Alto and he took me hunting in the mountains in California. A thorough gentleman. May God rest his soul in peace. Our condolences to his family.

Posts: 34 | Location: Mississauga,Onatrio.Canada | Registered: 07 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
It certainly sounds like Cam lived, right up to the end. RIP

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hope I'm able to do what I love to do up until my death.

RIP

Posts: 800 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 05 March 2013Reply With Quote