THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    With All The Accidents Happening On Safari, May You Need One Of These?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

With All The Accidents Happening On Safari, May You Need One Of These?
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted

Posts: 68793 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This strikes me as a much better idea than quickclot or the other clot activators alone.

However, I would wait until there are some more studies done before getting that stuff.

Posts: 11033 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Carry a similar product made by Celox in my med kit, thankfully never needed to use it.

http://www.celoxmedical.com/in...s/celox-applicatior/

Posts: 167 | Location: Kuwait | Registered: 14 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"works in 15 minutes" it says.
Hell, anyone bleeding enough to need something like this would bleed out in 15min. Sounds like just another one of those products: "made to sell, not use" as Dad used to say.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 6028 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
A bit more advanced than tampons, but the same idea. Getting something like a head ache tablet out my first aid box has always got a conversation going. Big Grin
I do not know, but if I am correct, judging by the size of the one in Saeed's posting, it must be for 50 cal or exit wounds. Eeker

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Neil-PH
posted Hide Post
We could all do with carrying something like this in a first aid kit, and need to accept the maker's guarantee on its use, so when/if we ever have an incident we are prepared.

I had an incident 21 years ago.....would have loved something like this back then, although we made do with what we had in those days.

Posts: 536 | Location: The Plains of Africa | Registered: 07 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
I was always taught to keep a tampon or two in both my immediate and secondary first aid kits for this very reason and would think a single tampon would be much easier to remove from the wound during treatment than umpteen separate mini sponges.

I followed that advice for more than 30 years and am glad to say, I never needed to test it.

One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
I have only had to use one once [tampon that is,] and that was on wound caused by a smart arse playing with one of my knives. As the things swell when wet, they make a nifty pressure dressing and long before the Israeli pressure dressing came around. The idiot was in his late teens and was not happy having the tampon jammed into his flesh. Matters were not improved after I told him to check his breasts the next morning. This came out in the surgery while the wound was being sutured. The doctor had to leave the patient a couple of times to regain his composure as he and the patient's father were laughing so much. Big Grin

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I actually would like to have one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37898 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Carl Frederik Nagell
posted Hide Post
Mmmmh I am a surgeon and I'm a bit sceptical

Good hunting
CF

Posts: 490 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 04 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by georgeld:
Hell, anyone bleeding enough to need something like this would bleed out in 15min. Sounds like just another one of those products: "made to sell, not use" as Dad used to say.

George

It says it works in 15 seconds.....not 15 minutes.

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3110 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by georgeld:

George

Read it again- it says 15 SECONDS not minutes

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1388 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
It says 15 seconds in the headline & (unless they've changed it recently) 15 minutes in the article so one or other it a typo...... I'd guess they mean seconds.

One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
A damn good idea but could be developed further; imagine if the sponges could be incorporated into cartridges. Those of you who are double users could have one in the second barrel, you accidentally shoot one in your party, just follow up with the second barrel and presto an instant fix to the wound dancing

(not biased, I just don't think they would feed too well in a bolt gun)

Posts: 3914 | Location: Rolleston, Christchurch, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am a surgeon, have treated many gunshot wounds over the past 25 years, and I cannot really envision an instance where this would be really useful or game changing.

Geronimo

Posts: 816 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of emron
posted Hide Post
Im also a surgeon, and I really cannot see a use for this except in rare situations where the wounds are entirely musculoskeletal, without organ involvement and circulation compromise.

Posts: 396 | Location: usa | Registered: 26 October 2008Reply With Quote