THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Have you ever hunted with a total gun nut???
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Have you ever hunted with a total gun nut???
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of JeffreyPhD
posted Hide Post
I have not hunted with such a person. I am typically the nuttiest gun nut in camp, as far as what people are likely to be using in the modern day. I don't go on about it though. Decades ago, I had little clue about how that came across to others and was probably (definitely) guilty of this crime.

I have, however, hunted with a PH that had three different kinds of factory loads in a 5-down 375 H&H, which I used when my rifle and ammo didn't show up. He wasn't sure what they were. His rifle, a 416 Rem Mag he had recently acquired, shot perhaps 10"-12" off the mark somewhere around 75 yards. Didn't seem to matter to him. So that was a different sort of problem.

Posts: 1014 | Location: Central California Coast | Registered: 05 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am a gun nut because I enjoy ballistics and appreciate finely made guns. I also hunt alone a lot (dogs don’t count?). So, to answer the question: yes.

USMC Retired
DSC Life Member
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 730 | Location: Maryland Eastern Shore | Registered: 27 September 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There are good gun nuts and bad gun nuts, the good ones don't argue with me about horses! beer

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
There are good gun nuts and bad gun nuts, the good ones don't argue with me about horses! beer

Sharing camp with a true gun nut is fine.

Sharing camp with some one who thinks he is can be trying.

I had a guide tell me a 32spl had more power then a 30-06 because it had a bigger number.

Posts: 19366 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Texas Blue Devil:
Hi Ross,

My son and I really enjoyed hunting with our mutual friend in New Mexico. Chris sure knows rifles and cartridges and shooting.

Brad

Chris is the best....

Posts: 10153 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote