The Accurate Reloading Forums
Have you ever hunted with a total gun nut???

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1411043/m/4951076462

08 March 2021, 01:30
JeffreyPhD
Have you ever hunted with a total gun nut???
I have not hunted with such a person. I am typically the nuttiest gun nut in camp, as far as what people are likely to be using in the modern day. I don't go on about it though. Decades ago, I had little clue about how that came across to others and was probably (definitely) guilty of this crime.

I have, however, hunted with a PH that had three different kinds of factory loads in a 5-down 375 H&H, which I used when my rifle and ammo didn't show up. He wasn't sure what they were. His rifle, a 416 Rem Mag he had recently acquired, shot perhaps 10"-12" off the mark somewhere around 75 yards. Didn't seem to matter to him. So that was a different sort of problem.
08 March 2021, 02:13
drongo
I am a gun nut because I enjoy ballistics and appreciate finely made guns. I also hunt alone a lot (dogs don’t count?). So, to answer the question: yes.

USMC Retired
DSC Life Member
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
13 March 2021, 21:33
Atkinson
There are good gun nuts and bad gun nuts, the good ones don't argue with me about horses! beer

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com
13 March 2021, 23:35
p dog shooter
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
There are good gun nuts and bad gun nuts, the good ones don't argue with me about horses! beer

Sharing camp with a true gun nut is fine.

Sharing camp with some one who thinks he is can be trying.

I had a guide tell me a 32spl had more power then a 30-06 because it had a bigger number.
13 March 2021, 23:49
dogcat
quote:
Originally posted by Texas Blue Devil:
Hi Ross,

My son and I really enjoyed hunting with our mutual friend in New Mexico. Chris sure knows rifles and cartridges and shooting.

Brad

Chris is the best....