Find
Notify
Tools

CZ550 Safari magnum scope rings
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Robgunbuilder
posted
I just got a CZ550 in 416 Rigby as a basis for a 500 A2. I'm really impressed with the CZ550. For the price its an unbelievable bargain. What scope rings do you recommend for this rifle . I'd like to mount a leupold 1.5X5 as low as possible.-Rob

Posts: 6314 | Location: Las Vegas,NV | Registered: 10 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I got Warne QD rings for mine but I honestly haven't used them enough to comment on durability etc. They mount and un-mount really slick. I just want to get a few more shots in before I can comment on how they handle the recoil.

Posts: 337 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 15 March 2001Reply With Quote
<Edmac>
posted
I've got Warnes on my 416 and they are spot on all the time and reasonably priced as well.
Ed

one of us
posted Hide Post
You might try the CZ mounts. They have a recoil lug to fit in the recess on the rear bridge, and they're heavy and a little high (probably 1.75" center to center). Can't comment on durability yet - about twenty rounds of .416 Rigby with my steel K1.5. The added weight certainly FEELS nice. The recoil is actually OK, now.

[This message has been edited by Recono (edited 10-17-2001).]

P.S. I'm pretty sure these mounts are Czech-made. They were ordered just a few months ago from the local CZ distributor, who undoubtedly got them from the US importer.

[This message has been edited by Recono (edited 10-17-2001).]

Posts: 2272 | Location: PDR of Massachusetts | Registered: 23 January 2001Reply With Quote
<Telly>
posted
I have used the CZ mounts on a .458 rechambered to .450 Ackley, a .416 Rigby and a .375 H&H. They have held up very well on all these - the scopes have never moved in over 200 rounds thru each. These may not be the currently made mounts, however, as I ordered new screws for one (both my doctor and lawyer suggest that I refrain from doing anything mechanical!)from CZ and what they sent were way to small. My mounts are actual CZ mounts made in Australia.

Telly