Notify
Tools

New Hunting Information Website
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of adamhunter
posted Hide Post
Steve,
That is a great site! Thank you for putting that together and sharing your knowledge and experience with us. Everything it took me a year to research and more, all in one place and easy to find!

Thanks again!

Adam

30+ years experience tells me that perfection hit at .264. Others are adequate but anything before or after is wishful thinking.

Posts: 854 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just added to my favorites. Can't wait to dig in. Thanks for all the hard work.

Posts: 10383 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Steve

Out of the top shelf!!! well done clap

Can i put a link from my site through to it?

Posts: 605 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 07 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .458Aubs:
Steve

Out of the top shelf!!! well done clap

Can i put a link from my site through to it?

Thanks buddy, glad you like it. - Yes of course you can do the link........ we're already working on our end of things.

one of us
Picture of jbderunz
posted Hide Post
An awesome comprehensive website. BRAVO MON AMI!!!

I have data about hunting in Uganda if You wish it.

Susan deserves first rate holidays.

J B de Runz
Be careful when blindly following the masses ... generally the "m" is silent

Posts: 1727 | Location: France, Alsace, Saverne | Registered: 24 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Thanks Buddy for both the praise and the offer of Uganda - it's be very welcome indeed!

You're dead right, Susan has worked incredibly hard (actually, we both have!) and she deserves a BIG holiday just now and I'll have to see if I can take her away somewhere in the New Year.

One of Us
Picture of Woodmnctry
posted Hide Post
Awsome!--- just friggen awsome!
G

OMG!-- my bow is "pull-push feed" - how dreadfully embarrasing!!!!!

Posts: 933 | Location: 8K Ft in Colorado | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Great site Steve! I wish I had a safari in the short term to use it for planning. Thanks for the resource.

Cheers!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Terrific site. Whatever you have forgotten doesn't need to be known. thumb

Posts: 1224 | Location: Western Australia | Registered: 31 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shakari:
I'll have to see if I can take her away somewhere in the New Year.

How about bringing her to DSC in Jan. jumping

Keith

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ghundwan
posted Hide Post
Well Done !

There is an absolute sh*t load of info on that site. Just spent 3 hrs on it. Fantastic Big Grin

Posts: 277 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 25 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aziz
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Steve & Susan, very well done site; it is on my bookmark.

Regards
Aziz

photo 5a71b091-8ccb-440e-8358-1ba8fe6939cb_zpsga1mmy00.jpg

Posts: 591 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 04 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ChrisTroskie
posted Hide Post
Nice site Steve - well done to all who helped!!!

Regards,

Chris Troskie
Tel. +27 82 859-0771
email. chris@ct-safaris.com
Sabrisa Ranch Ellisras RSA
www.ct-safaris.com
https://youtu.be/4usXceRdkH4

Posts: 855 | Location: Sabrisa Ranch Limpopo Province - South Africa | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Oday450
posted Hide Post
Thanks Steve,

I spent a very pleasant evening last night reading through the entire site, Great job!

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult."

Posts: 1313 | Location: The People's Republic of Maryland, USA | Registered: 05 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 375 fanatic
posted Hide Post
Dallas might not be a bad idea fishing

"Buy land they have stopped making it"- Mark Twain

Posts: 914 | Location: Burgersfort the big Kudu mekka of South Africa | Registered: 27 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I haven't had the time to go completely through it, but I can see it becoming my safari-refresher before each hunt.

Nice, fresh approach. Well done.

Posts: 13877 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Rudi,

You haven't been talking to my Mrs by any chance have you?......... still, I reckon I owe her a holiday that's a bit special and will talk to the travel agent tomorrow to ask if there are any seats available. - I'm sure she'd love to go! Wink

Kensco,

Glad you like it and hope it's of use to you. Smiler

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
I can hear Steve selling it now: "A romantic hunting convention get away for two. Just you, me, and everyone from AR!"

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett Adam Barringer:
I can hear Steve selling it now: "A romantic hunting convention get away for two. Just you, me, and everyone from AR!"

Brett

jumping

Actually, I don't think she'd argue much because she loves the States. She lived there for a few years and travelled extensively, so I don't reckon she'd need much convincing to go back. Wink

One of Us
Picture of 375 fanatic
posted Hide Post
Are we there yet with the booking i mean

"Buy land they have stopped making it"- Mark Twain

Posts: 914 | Location: Burgersfort the big Kudu mekka of South Africa | Registered: 27 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
I've only just had time to speak to the travel agent and she'll get back to me asap.

I've asked he to explore all plans including doing Dallas and then maybe driving to Reno for the other show. If I have to choose between them, it'll probably be the Dallas show I'd choose.

Incidentally, although we hadn't originally planned to accept ads for the first few months, interest has been so great, we are now doing so and (very inexpensive) rates etc can be found by clicking the 'advertise with us' link on the bottom right of every page. Smiler

BTW, although I'll post it on the travel section, my travel agent has just told me that Ait Tanzania has been grounded.

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Steve,

Glad to hear your getting some advertising. Let me know what your plans are for travel in the states. I would love to meet up with you if possible, but not sure if time will permit.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

-Seth Peterson

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Brett,

Will do. - It'd be nice to meet you snd also a lot more of the AR crowd. Wink

If we just do Dallas, it loks like we might have to fly in on the morning of the 8th and out on the evening of the 11th so time might be tight but I'd like to meet as many as possible.

Another hurdle might be getting a hotel, but I'm working on it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
With all that info in one place I can toss a bunch of file folders full of notes in the trash.

Thanks Shakari

Posts: 284 | Location: Hayden, Colorado | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Steve,

I look forward to it. Let me know.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

-Seth Peterson

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Will do Brett,

At the moment, the travel agent is having trouble getting us some flights........ I might also have trouble getting a hotel but will start looking asap. - If anyone has suggestions for decent hotels, I'd be grateful.