New
Find
Notify
Tools

RE Into the Pride Animal Planet
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Well is anyone else watching this program willing to guess at how long befoe Brutus is either shot or fed up enough to take this guy down.
I cannot believe this type of show is still being pushed onto mainstream America.
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sue
posted Hide Post
I watched the show about Christian the lion just before Into the Pride was to air.

I saw the previews for it all during that hour and couldn't bring myself to stay tuned.

Posts: 276 | Location: VA/WV borderlands | Registered: 03 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
I watched it - Dave the savior of the lions. The charge scene was pretty cool, but you have to root for the cat! Overall, it looked to me more like treehugger city.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of OldHandgunHunter
posted Hide Post
A silly TV show designed to foster ever more ignorance about Lions specifically and wildlife in general.

Every once in a while one of these clowns gets invited to dinner by one of the beasts that he's made a career out of denigrating -- our own "Grizzly Man" is a perfect example -- and that end always strikes me as sweet justice.

When you get bored with life, start hunting dangerous game with a handgun.

Posts: 495 | Location: Florida | Registered: 17 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was wondering when the comments about the show would make it to AR. I just couldn't make myself sit through it. Shows like it are why people will grab their camera and run up to a wild animal and get turned into sausage,,,, drwes

you can make more money, you can not make more time

Posts: 786 | Location: Mexia Texas | Registered: 07 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Is this guy Timathy Tredwell's retarded brother?

...........This guy is going to become a pile of lion shit, dumped on top of his walking cane! MAN! I watched that stupid fool sitting on the edge of my seat the whole time, waiting for Brutus to slap him silly!

Over on African Hunting forum website someone posted a fool getting out of his car in one of the parks like Kruger, and get eaten on screen while his wife, 4 yr old doughter, and 2 yr old sone watched as he was torn apart. Where to they find these fools? Seems to me the supply would run out pritty quickly.

.................wait till I dig you a grave before you try this guys!............
...................... diggin

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MacD37:
.................wait till I dig you a grave before you try this guys!............

You don't have to, Mac. Cats bury their own shit!

Posts: 2921 | Location: Canada | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WannabeBwana:
quote:
Originally posted by MacD37:

You don't have to, Mac. Cats bury their own shit!

................ jumping jumping thumb

DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

One of Us
Picture of RREESE
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by MacD37:

Over on African Hunting forum website someone posted a fool getting out of his car in one of the parks like Kruger, and get eaten on screen while his wife, 4 yr old doughter, and 2 yr old sone watched as he was torn apart. Where to they find these fools? Seems to me the supply would run out pritty quickly.

MAC, FWIW, I think some of the other members determined the footage was staged for some low budget movie.

NRA Endowment Member

Posts: 269 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 23 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I thought it was just me, but I would love to see him get mauled and eaten.

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Las Vegas Roy trusted his white tiger too. It got him to retirement just a bit ahead of schedule as I remember. My lazy and loveable bloodhound even bit me once. It is just a matter of time and one bad move until this guy gets hurt or dead. Ask Joy Adamson.

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I watched it and was rooting for the lion as well. What an idiot! Shepard Crook=Shepard's pie, lion style. Big Grin

one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
quote:
Shepard Crook=Shepard's pie, lion style. Big Grin

jumping

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19307 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Joy Adamson, like her ex-husband George was chopped by a native two-legged predator.

A nation with dogs and whiskey beats Nazis. A nation with cats and spritzers is asking to be shoved around.

Posts: 85 | Location: Charleston, SC | Registered: 21 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RREESE:

MAC, FWIW, I think some of the other members determined the footage was staged for some low budget movie.

I don't think what I saw was staged, I watched them pull his guts right out of his lower belly!

It is normal for people to refuse to believe their eyes when they see things they find bazarr! The normal human being simply can't imagine an animal actually EATING another human,especially riping him apart while he is still moveing, so they simply disregard it as staged so they don't have to think about it!

What a lion does to his prey is not a pritty sight, but there is no mystry about how they go about drawing, and quartering their victoms! In Botswana I watched a pride of lions eat the whole hind quarters off a cape buffalo while it was still alive. I assure you that was not staged, and they worked that buffalo exactly the same as they did the poor idiot who got out of his car, and got invited to lunch.

Of course I could be wrong in this case, I've been wrong before once back in 1954!
...................... jumping

DRSS Charter member

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

posted Hide Post
On an episode of "Into The Pride" that I saw, Brutus was trying to find him at night and he thought that he, Brutus, was trying to find him to "bond" or something...... YA RIGHT!!!!!!! bsflag

Posts: 23 | Location: Texas, United States | Registered: 19 July 2009Reply With Quote