Tools

Big, Big Buff...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
For two day this big buff is hunted.
58 and 11 boss.
One of the biggest in the last decades.

Some say it was hunted in Botswana, other says in Chattaronga, in SA.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not Masailand Tanzania?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I recognice the Same faces ( PH and Client ) all the times when there is a New World Record... Confused

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shame.
Imagine what he would look like if they left him to become hard in the boss.

Fritz Rabe
Askari Adventures & Fritz Rabe Bow-hunting

Posts: 217 | Location: Musina South Africa | Registered: 08 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Pictures of this Buff have been around for several months. It just looks like a cow to me. I don't see much of a Boss at all.

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Don't fuss. That buff just had a bit of Rogaine.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7697 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
It just looks like a cow to me. I don't see much of a Boss at all.

me2

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of andy_7x64
posted Hide Post
spread is not everything...

Posts: 119 | Location: Germany, South | Registered: 05 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Shame.
Imagine what he would look like if they left him to become hard in the boss.

THAT IS 100% CORRECT!

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fujotupu:
Not Masailand Tanzania?

That thing has more hair on its head than you do.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do any of the high fence guys make steers of their buff?

Posts: 1096 | Location: oregon | Registered: 20 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
immature buf ugly if you ask me looks more like a cow.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eny:

You have a good point--sure looks like it could be a steer.

SSR

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
his daddy was a water buff?? rotflmo rotflmo

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by retreever:
immature buf ugly if you ask me looks more like a cow.

Mike

absolutely Mike. i would want to see his hardware to be sure "he" even is a bull.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13429 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eny:

That was my guess too when I looked at the photo.

Posts: 461 | Location: Norway | Registered: 11 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
I just love it, after the discussions in the not too distant past on this site about how hunters should unite to try and save hunting from those that want to take it away from us, and then turn right around and start ripping someone apart for posting pictures of an animal they were obviously proud of.

Really points out just exactly how many folks are truly interested in saving hunting? Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:
turn right around and start ripping someone apart for posting pictures of an animal they were obviously proud of.

Really points out just exactly how many folks are truly interested in saving hunting? Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I don't think the poster shot this ugly Buffalo and I cant see this thread effecting the security of sport hunting in any way.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just love it, after the discussions in the not too distant past on this site about how hunters should unite to try and save hunting from those that want to take it away from us, and then turn right around and start ripping someone apart for posting pictures of an animal they were obviously proud of.

I don't see anyone "ripping someone apart for posting pictures of an animal they were obviously proud of". Who has ripped either the guy who posted the pic or the hunter? No one. Several, including myself, have simply questioned the odd look of the animal and whether or not it is a bull or cow.

It is what it is, as the saying goes. And that, in this case, is very simply a buffalo with a really wide spread, no visible boss, and lots of hair between the horns. A genetic anomaly of some sort. For many years, IIRC, because of their method of only measuring horn width, the Roland Ward World Record Cape Buffalo was a cow! Was it not?

I just don't see how you equate a discussion on the genetic make up or sex of this animal that contributed to the unusual horn configuration, or a statement of what one considers as beauty (of lack thereof) in terms of trophy preference with an attack on another hunter that could provide fuel for the anti's efforts to end hunting.

A little too much drama on this one CHC. Sorry, just sayin!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
quote:
Originally posted by fujotupu:
Not Masailand Tanzania?

That thing has more hair on its head than you do.

rotflmo jumping rotflmo jumping

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
Picture of Milo Shanghai
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mboga biga bwana:
I recognice the Same faces ( PH and Client ) all the times when there is a New World Record... Confused

Looks like Angus Murray. Australian former CEO of a failed UK based investment management company, now fled to BVI, and subject of regulatory investigation.

PM me if you require further info.

Posts: 680 | Location: London | Registered: 03 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i'd guess a cow without lifting it's leg.

If u want missing trophies,stolen trophies,crap mounts or replacement minature trophies .....use KARL HUMAN TAXIDERMY in east london, south africa.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Sorry Todd, now drama at all. If you cannot say something nice, don't say anything.

In actuality, if no one had said a damn thing, that would have sent a louder and clearer message than all the negative comments that have been made.

One of the reasons people post pictures of their kill is personal vanity. Whether they have the intestinal fortitude to admit it or not, they are saying to everyone that views the pictures, "Hey, Look At Me, See How Great A Hunter I Am, See What I Was Able To Go Do".

Everyone does it, they want their 15 minutes in the spotlight, they want the accolades for something they are proud of having done.

The quickest way to minimize their accomplishment is instead of posting negative/deragatory comments, thereby starting a pissing contest or causing folks, other than the person posting the pictures, to stop posting reports/pictures of their hunts, is to simply after viewing the post/pictures move along and not make any type of comment. Basically ignore the incident.

Saying all the negative stuff only brings out the same horse horse horse arguements, you know that, I know that, anyone that has been on this or any other hunting site knows that.

"Was it killed under legal circumstances, If So, what is the damn problem"? "What difference does it make if it is a cow, a bull or a steer, it iss what the hunter wanted to shoot, what's the problem"? "If he/she is paying for the hunt and everything is legal, what difference does it make to you what they want to shoot or think of as a trophy"? The list goes on and on.

How about the membership petition Saeed to set up a "Photo Review Board" and ALL pictures/videos of trophies/hunts must be submitted to those individuals for approval for being posted. How many individuals are in favor of doing that? Hpow open minded do you think Saeed is going to be about setting up such a review board?

It has nothing to do with drama, it has to do with courtesey and sending a message. Degrading people and their personal trophies helps no one, except those wanting to take our sport away from us.

Basically ignoring a persons efforts, while not getting them to change their habits, won't make other people re-consider posting pictures/reports of their hunts.

If you or anyone else wants to view it as drama, that is your perogative. I just feel that there are better ways of getting a message across then alienating a bunch of folks, while trying to rub one individuals nose in the crap.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi gentleman,

thanks for the comments.

PLEASE:
- Im not the hunter
- I get this photos and infos from an friend
- I wanted to post and "share" this photo only

Best wishes.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Here is an last photo.

Last infos:
- It was an ab-normal Bull (a male)
- Without "eggs", so it comes to that sice and look

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Sorry Todd, now drama at all. If you cannot say something nice, don't say anything.

In actuality, if no one had said a damn thing, that would have sent a louder and clearer message than all the negative comments that have been made.

One of the reasons people post pictures of their kill is personal vanity. Whether they have the intestinal fortitude to admit it or not, they are saying to everyone that views the pictures, "Hey, Look At Me, See How Great A Hunter I Am, See What I Was Able To Go Do".

Everyone does it, they want their 15 minutes in the spotlight, they want the accolades for something they are proud of having done.

The quickest way to minimize their accomplishment is instead of posting negative/deragatory comments, thereby starting a pissing contest or causing folks, other than the person posting the pictures, to stop posting reports/pictures of their hunts, is to simply after viewing the post/pictures move along and not make any type of comment. Basically ignore the incident.

Saying all the negative stuff only brings out the same horse horse horse arguements, you know that, I know that, anyone that has been on this or any other hunting site knows that.

"Was it killed under legal circumstances, If So, what is the damn problem"? "What difference does it make if it is a cow, a bull or a steer, it iss what the hunter wanted to shoot, what's the problem"? "If he/she is paying for the hunt and everything is legal, what difference does it make to you what they want to shoot or think of as a trophy"? The list goes on and on.

How about the membership petition Saeed to set up a "Photo Review Board" and ALL pictures/videos of trophies/hunts must be submitted to those individuals for approval for being posted. How many individuals are in favor of doing that? Hpow open minded do you think Saeed is going to be about setting up such a review board?

It has nothing to do with drama, it has to do with courtesey and sending a message. Degrading people and their personal trophies helps no one, except those wanting to take our sport away from us.

Basically ignoring a persons efforts, while not getting them to change their habits, won't make other people re-consider posting pictures/reports of their hunts.

If you or anyone else wants to view it as drama, that is your perogative. I just feel that there are better ways of getting a message across then alienating a bunch of folks, while trying to rub one individuals nose in the crap.

Like I said. DRAMA! Cool

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hair Club For Buffalo, " I'm not just a trophy- I'm A client ! "

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Like I said. DRAMA!

Todd, what if folks would have posted a lot of negatives on the video of your elephant hunt??

Would that have been drama?

One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Fulson:
Hair Club For Buffalo, " I'm not just a trophy- I'm A client ! "

Funny! That buff has lots more hair on his head than I do, that's for sure.

There is a video of a 58 inch buffalo on the Stone Safari website, but it does not say where the buff was shot.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Like I said. DRAMA!

Todd, what if folks would have posted a lot of negatives on the video of your elephant hunt??

Would that have been drama?

CHC,

Quite a few did post negative comments. Several stated that Elephant hunting isn't for them. Others objected to shooting cows. Etc. And those opinions are fine. To each his own!

Listen, I find myself in agreement with you on many of your posts. I am all for hunters putting the differences aside and pulling together for the betterment of our sport. I've stated that many times here on this forum. I especially dislike the elitest attitudes that pop up from time to time insinuating that their way is the only acceptable way. I've called folks out on that before and been in some heated discussions as a result.

But I don't see that going on here with this thread. I see guys discussing the attributes of this buffalo's horn structure and what may have caused the horns to grow in the manner they did. Maybe it's a cow? Maybe castrated if farm raised? Maybe just a young bull? etc. I don't see guys questioning the hunting ethics of the hunter. I don't see anyone making accusations of an illegal hunt, or being shot in an unethical manner, etc. I just think the guys are discussing the odd nature of the horns, nothing more.

I don't see anyone fighting on this thread. Drama is trying to stir up a fight when there is no reason for one. So with that said, what is your opinion? Is it a young bull or a cow? Do any of the SA game ranchers make steers out of their buff and if so, for what purpose?

See, them ain't fightin words! Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Okay Todd, just for a different POV, try this on. Say the picture had been posted by a First Time hunter to Africa. Someone that may never get to go again, it was their one shot and they took an animal that impressed them. Would everybody have been as critical and if so, what would have been accomplished????

This is simply a case where I see the situation differently than you and several other people, but I know if I can ever get the money put together and spring for a buffalo hunt in Africa, the only person I am going to be trying to please is ME, And I Would Be Damn Proud of the animal that is pictured in this discussion. But I would also wonder why in the hell something I am proud of is an object of ridicule from other hunters.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
As Milo Shanghai points out, looks a little like Angus.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 405wcf:
As Milo Shanghai points out, looks a little like Angus.

Angus are polled (no horns)

coffee

SSR

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
CHC,

Todd is not trying to belittle the hunter. In fact, that hunter is almost "on call" for record book animals. A while back, there was a hunt offered here for a buff at 50"+ and pictures were provided in the post. The pictures showed that buff in a boma. Shortly after the buff "hunt" was offered, there were pictures of this same hunter with the same bull down as a trophy. As far as I know, it was a legal hunt. However, it would not qualify as a hunt that many of us would agree with. It is hard to read a person's true intent and thoughts on the Internet, but I don't think this is a case of apples to apples.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3458 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DCS Member:
CHC,

Todd is not trying to belittle the hunter. In fact, that hunter is almost "on call" for record book animals. A while back, there was a hunt offered here for a buff at 50"+ and pictures were provided in the post. The pictures showed that buff in a boma. Shortly after the buff "hunt" was offered, there were pictures of this same hunter with the same bull down as a trophy. As far as I know, it was a legal hunt. However, it would not qualify as a hunt that many of us would agree with. It is hard to read a person's true intent and thoughts on the Internet, but I don't think this is a case of apples to apples.

The way I see it is this; Angus Murray shoots a really wide bull. Great. Now, Milo Shanghai and DCS member have attacked the character, of a guy that doesn't even post here. THAT is divisive

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3554 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Indeed.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3458 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Angus Murray shoots a really wide bull.

Just that. When you have the big bucks and you don't give a shit about sportsmanship in the true sense of the word is fine if what you are after is the biggest and the best.
Just don't call it hunting.
The only accolade goes to the downed animal that deserved a worthier foe.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fujo, I guess sometimes you just gotta figure - each to his own!

I only throw a fit over the lion because of their delicate nature, and the ever lasting struggle to do them harm by eliminating hunting, etc. But, if shooting raised buffalo gives this hunter his satisfaction, so be it. It's neither detrimental to the African buffalo, or the longevity of buffalo hunting (I don't think?)

Maybe you and I wouldn't do it, but rather this guy be in favor of hunting, than playing for the other team I suppose. He's young, that's obvious, but he's dead now. Hopefully someone benefitted from the hunt at least?

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aaron,

I have this thing about canned hunting, in whatever form, be it pen raised lion, buffalo which have been captured or bred and raised in either a corralled area or kept within the confines of a fence, genetically altered species which have been given new names,etc. is in my opinion a load of crap.
I made an observation on the auctioned bull in another thread - go have a close look at that SENATLA bull then come back with your comments.
Changing the face of nature in my opinion is very wrong, similar to lions that have a black mane in between their crotch!

I guess you're right Aaron, sometimes you just gotta figure how some people's minds work.