THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Courtney Selous Boots — need info.

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Courtney Selous Boots — need info.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My boss is headed to Zambia (cape buffalo hunting) and is looking to buy a pair of Courtney Selous boots, but is having a difficult time finding a dealer.

Any help is much appreciated!

"If you hunt to eat, or hunt for sport for something fine, something that will make you proud, and make you remember every single detail of the day you found him and shot him, that is good too." – Robert Chester Ruark

one of us
posted Hide Post
Stagman,

You didn't say where you are but in the States theres WR.

http://www.westleyrichards.com/show/courteney_products.html

Minkman

Posts: 659 | Location: "The Muck", NJ | Registered: 10 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the quick reply, Minkman.

We are in central Alabama, USA.

"If you hunt to eat, or hunt for sport for something fine, something that will make you proud, and make you remember every single detail of the day you found him and shot him, that is good too." – Robert Chester Ruark

One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
I got my Courtney's from WR. They run about a size big, so keep that in mind when ordering.

The guys at WR are good people to deal with in my experiences.

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stagman:
My boss is headed to Zambia (cape buffalo hunting) and is looking to buy a pair of Courtney Selous boots, but is having a difficult time finding a dealer.

Any help is much appreciated!

Tell your boss that for the same money - that he would pay WR for a pair of Courtney's - he can buy a pair of Russels here in the US...

Then buy a pair of Courtney's in Africa for about $30-$40 US.

I saw elephant Courtney's in Zim for $60.00/each. WR doesn't carry them in elephant.

Elephant or not, he'll pay through the nose if he orders them from WR.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
NG: Price went up. I paid 100 bucks last month. Still a great deal though. They are extremely comfortable, especially for guys like me with a high instep. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You can probably buy them in Vic Falls..They run less than half of what WR charges if you buy them in Africa, especially at the store where they are made...

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42163 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
Best place to buy them is a GIGAS in Bulawayo. They carry the complete selection. They only make the elephant on special order now. Takes about 3 to 4 weeks. They do not sell retail at the factory in Bulawayo.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
<BWN300MAG>
posted
Just got a pair of courtne safari in elepant 6 weeks ago in Harare at hunter's paradise. $3,129,150.00 Zim. $150.00 US best buy I ever made.

One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
when i bought a pair in harare last, they didn't have half-sizes.

has anyone seen half-sizes in zim?

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

one of us
posted Hide Post
We will be going to Zambia this year and will visit the Vic Falls on the Zambian side. Are the Courtney boots available at reasonable cost in either Lusaka or Livingstone?

square shooter

Posts: 2608 | Location: Moore, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Bought a pair of Courtney Safari's size 10.5 in Bulawayo in 2001 for $50us, 2002$60, 2003 $80 ,2004 $120.
Inflation? Zimbabwe.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I've had the Courteney Frontiers and the Courteney Trackers, and Courteney boots are the only way to go when hunting Africa. I have owned a lot of good and expensive boots in my days and Courteney boots are some of the finest for fit, comfort and durability. They were with me last month on my hunt for Lion, Elephant and Cape Buffalo. My next pair will be the Selous. They were out of them on my last order.

one of us
posted Hide Post
IB404, I will be in Lusaka this afternoon. I will ask Mark Swanapoel if you can get Courtney in Lusaka. I didn't see any place in Livingstone that I thought might carry Courtneys. I had a great safari. Will try to contact you in okc to show pics.

Bullsprig

Rose lipped maidens--light foot lads!!!

Posts: 448 | Location: Okie City | Registered: 18 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
IB404, Noa courtneys in Lusaka or Livingstone accourding to my PH who uses and loves them.

Bullsprig, Home tomorrow

Rose lipped maidens--light foot lads!!!

Posts: 448 | Location: Okie City | Registered: 18 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
Good write up in the May issue of Man Magnum on Courteney boots. They give the Natal Gun Company 031-904-1982 as dealers in So. Africa if you will be in Jo'berg you could give them a call. I have never seen them in any of the airport shops there. I have been wearing Courteneys for 10 years and they are my favorite foot wear.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Courteny do half sizes. Bear in mind though that they are listed in English Sizes. I wear 9½ english which is aledgedly size 10 American. Bull- I wear size 11 or 11½ running shoes if I buy Nike.

Also they do two very different cuts- the ones W-R sell are a narrower cut to the ones sold retail in Zimbabwe (you can special order the narrow ones here if you want...)

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Would like to know if anyone is going to be near Bullawayo near term and could get me a pair of Elephant Selous from the company. Have a pair of Buffalo hide that are worn heavily and would like elephant but do not like the WR prices. Given prices I hear you can buy for locally would appreciate the help. Or even Gayana could someone bring over a pair at the show in january. Thanks,

York, SC

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
I've got a pair in 15... which is the ONLY 15 that I know that they have made.. John worked hard and long to get them made, and to have them shipped back...

"over there" you can not pay $100 for a single pair.. and if break in time is short... buy a bottle of extra extra virgin olive oil, and soak em pretty good... protects the leather well, penetrates well, decent water protection, and NO chemical smell

jeffe

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39671 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigBBear:
Would like to know if anyone is going to be near Bullawayo near term and could get me a pair of Elephant Selous from the company. Have a pair of Buffalo hide that are worn heavily and would like elephant but do not like the WR prices. Given prices I hear you can buy for locally would appreciate the help. Or even Gayana could someone bring over a pair at the show in january. Thanks,

shame Can't legally bring the elephant into the U.S. I doubt they fine you, but they definitely will take them if they see them.

As a matter of fact, if you're ever at terminal B at DFW, Customs has a display case with confiscated items in it, and there is a pair of elephant courtneys in there... right next to a sea turtle.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted Hide Post
Jeffeosso

15 clap Bubba size indeed Big Grin BIG foot Big Grin

My size 11 look big, flat and long I would love to se a picture of your size 15 boots Big Grin

Cheers,

André

Always always use enough... GUN & KNIFE

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote