Find
Notify
Tools

Crazy Question
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted
Is there any big game hunting in the Mountains of the Moon in Uganda?

I've hunted in the Stormberg mountains in RSA, but was wondering if there were any hunting opportunities in alpine conditions in Africa.

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3046 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure about Uganda but there are mountain hunting opportunities in Africa...although not really alpine conditions. Tanzania has buffalo, leopard and a bit of plains game quite high up some mountains (someone more enlightened can probably tell us what concession). Ethiopia has the Bale mountains which are home to the mountain nyala, leopard, giant forest hog, meneliks bushbuck and a few other species (I believe the chanler mountain reedbuck and Abyssinian kudu are hunted in mountains as well). The altitude is high but it is thick forest/bush that you will be hunting in. If you're after true mountain game then Sudan has nubian ibex and aoudad.

Peter Andersen
Peak Wildlife Adventures
1-306-485-8429
peakwildlifeadventures@hotmail.com
www.peakwildlifeadventures.com

Posts: 295 | Location: Sk, Canada | Registered: 06 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rainer Joesh hunts Mountain Buffalo in Tanzania, been twice with him very physical makes the stormberg look like a walk in the park, game we saw were Buffalo Kudu bushbuck bushpig Chanlers and bohor reedbuck

Reg JK

Posts: 494 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 10 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rainier! I couldn't recall his name...he has a couple films on hunting the mountain buffalo.

Peter Andersen
Peak Wildlife Adventures
1-306-485-8429
peakwildlifeadventures@hotmail.com
www.peakwildlifeadventures.com

Posts: 295 | Location: Sk, Canada | Registered: 06 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
thanks!

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3046 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote