Find
Notify
Tools

Re: You've had enough?!!!11
 Login/Join

<JOHAN>
posted
Gentlemen

There is a fantistic feature of the software called ignore. Simply don't give them the attention, just press the button and smile very simple and good

Cheers
/ JOHAN

Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
Some people need a "push".

He was sending me an email a minute filling up my inbox (must have had some auto emailer).

At some point a Pain in the ass becomes malicious.

Whether he crossed the line we'll never know as the emails have ceased.

Don

Posts: 26543 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don, is that an admission that the current "ignore him and he'll go away" tactic isn't working?

But he has not been ignored....just the opposite.

Mike

Posts: 7206 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Do you mean Carmelo and Kathy Lisciotto in Hinsdale Illinois? The one posting here on AR?

Posts: 2045 | Location: West most midwestern town. | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've actually got some pretty wierd emails from this idiot.

Chuck

Posts: 2658 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Don, is that an admission that the current "ignore him and he'll go away" tactic isn't working?

Posts: 1372 | Location: USA | Registered: 18 June 2000Reply With Quote
Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
Has anyone noticed no spam from Carmelo this past hour?

I think I ran him off for at least a while.

Don

Posts: 26543 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
Mark, Tony & fellow Boardsters,

I don't use th ignore function, but I do ignore posts and comments by a certain segment here. I figure it is a phenomenon of "Internet noise", and the amount of it will raise and fall like the tides. Just now it is higher than normal.

jim dodd

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
Do you know this pain in the ass? He certainly needs a job.
That would appear to be the person logging in as carmelo.
Don

one of us
Picture of Stryker225
posted Hide Post
Aw come on yah wussies! That bastard have just defeated you. Kicked your asses! Made you his ho!

Oh well I guess it's easy to just give up when you're not really interested in the site to begin with perhaps... storming (more like crying)off at some mere annoyance.

Before you go, might as well change your signature lines to include:

THAT PRICK CARMELO DEFEATED ME, AND I RAN OFF CRYING!!1

Posts: 1282 | Location: here | Registered: 26 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Guys this was THE best African site on the web, but now with all the BULL SHIT post its no longer worth opening and I've got better things to do than weed through Carmelos 20 BS post per day.

Posts: 1739 | Location: alabama | Registered: 13 November 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Mark,
Don't worry. Once he gets his new forum up and running, he won't have time to clutter up AR.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
I agree with Mike. You guys are your own worst enemy. You all bitch and moan about him but then you either look at his posts or reply to him

What do you think would happen if Carmelo posts something and he gets no replys or nobody LOOKS at his post?

Posts: 7976 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mark,

What if no one had responed to him OR started threads about him....where would he be.

No disrespect, but as George will confirm I have done plenty of troll type threads in my time. It is the very people who complain about them that keep them going. That is one reason for the Africa forum being a favourite target. When someone starts a thread about the troll thread then you know you are your way to some fun.

Think of it like producing a kid. If only one partner is involved then no kids.

Mike

Posts: 7206 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
I was about ready to say the same thing. It's really getting tiresome to open a topical thread that has X number of new replies only to see that most of them are worthless drivel.

And yes, I know about the ignore button, but opening a thread to view when there's nothing worth reading is still wasting my time.

Although I respect Saeed's "hands off" attempts, I have better ways to spend my time. So today is the last one I'll visit here. -TONY

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
<mikeh416Rigby>
posted
Quote:

Do you mean Carmelo and Kathy Lisciotto in Hinsdale Illinois? The one posting here on AR?

Is Blue Island near Hinsdale?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

You guys are your own worst enemy. You all bitch and moan about him but then you either look at his posts or reply to him

Yup.

That said, I have NEVER replied to him or to others about him. That simply eggs his type to continue. Nor do I open a thread he starts. Still, he has permeated many other TOPICAL threads, such as the "What constitutes "Ethical" hunting?" one with his drivel.

Now since Don has done a bit of floor sweeping, we'll see what happens. But I suspect it won't last long. -TONY

Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
Tony...I"ll keep sweeping as Carmelo threatens this site. The last straw was when I emailed him asking him to stop and he started replying over and over again clogging my email. I dont care if he was a system administrator for UBID.COM.

In all the years I've been running this site no one has taken to the kind of crap and hogging threads that this guy has. We tried to ignore him, but as the general users have stated here and in PMs to me, he was over the top.

ANY non hunting thread will be moved to a better location. If moving these threads is censorship then I am guilty.

Don

<mikeh416Rigby>
posted
Quote:

Tony...I"ll keep sweeping as Carmelo threatens this site. The last straw was when I emailed him asking him to stop and he started replying over and over again clogging my email. I dont care if he was a system administrator for UBID.COM.

In all the years I've been running this site no one has taken to the kind of crap and hogging threads that this guy has. We tried to ignore him, but as the general users have stated here and in PMs to me, he was over the top.

ANY non hunting thread will be moved to a better location. If moving these threads is censorship then I am guilty.

Don

Don, I don't consider that censorship. You're just putting things in their proper place, so to speak.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Maybe we need a forum called worthless bullshit! That would encompass a lot of the traffic lately.

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't call it censorship either. More like housecleaning or tidying up.

Thank you!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Don, far as I'm concerned you can sweep him under the rug or out the door. -TONY

one of us
Picture of BOWHUNR
posted Hide Post
Thank-you,!!

Don and Saeed!!! This little bastard was ruining our forum!!

BOWHUNR

Posts: 636 | Location: Omaha, NE U.S.A. | Registered: 28 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Stryker225
posted Hide Post
So, is this a$$hole the same as MORTIE?

I kinda liked MORTIE...

Posts: 1282 | Location: here | Registered: 26 January 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Gentlemena,

I posted this answer to another thread.

Chuck,

We try to be relatively tolerant on this site, and most of the times this policy works.

I've had an enormous number of members asking us to ban Carmelo - something which is not generally in our policy.

We have absolutely no problem with anyone posting their views. Whether we agree with them or not makes no difference at all.

Name calling and generally being rude normally has a negative effect on the person initiating it, and most members tend to just ignore it.

Just as yourself, I do not enjoy seeing what I assume to be grown up, responsible hunters insulting each other.

At the same time we - Aministrators and Moderators on AR - cannot assume the position where what words or sentences can be used. The software comes with its own censored words, we just turned this feature off.

We do, however, care about AR, and would like to see it continue to provide a free service to hunters and shooters from all over the world.

So when someone takes it upon himself to disrupt AR, we try to do something about it.

In the past, I have banned certain posters, whose sole purpose was to disrupt our site - unbelievably, they actually posted what they wanted to do on another, shooting related site! Several of them registered with several IDs on AR - which is the first sign that something is not kosher.

Anyway, that little game did last long.

I hope this answers your question, and I will be more than happy to answer any question you might have regarding this web site.

Now I see Carmelo is doing the same thing, going as far as to bombard us with a string of email messages. I am not sure, but I think this is considered as a crime by the FBI.

This left us no option but to block his access, and I hope this silly game he is playing is going to end here.

If it does not, we have already gotten quite a bit of information about him, and will be happy to pass it on to the authorities.

I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that him and people like him, are anti-hunting and anti-shooting.

I am sure we are going to get some flack for banning him, but I hope that most of our members appreciate that this was done to resolve a problem created by Carmelo, and has absolutely nothing to do with free speech or freedom of expression.

Two values that we have the utmost of respect for.

Posts: 66988 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed, Don, thank you.

Place smells better already!

One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that him and people like him, are anti-hunting and anti-shooting.

I am sure we are going to get some flack for banning him, but I hope that most of our members appreciate that this was done to resolve a problem created by Carmelo, and has absolutely nothing to do with free speech or freedom of expression.

Two values that we have the utmost of respect for.

Saeed,

Well done.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

How does blocking his access to AR solve the string of emails that DRG is getting and I guess yourself?

As to disruption of the site with his postings that only occurs because the complainers love to respond and/or start threads on him.

"Now I see Carmelo is doing the same thing, going as far as to bombard us with a string of email messages. I am not sure, but I think this is considered as a crime by the FBI."

"This left us no option but to block his access, and I hope this silly game he is playing is going to end here."

Again, does blocking his access to AR solve the email problem?????????

I am sure we are going to get some flack for banning him

Saaed, I am sure you are suprised at my response

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
God bless you Saeed and Don. I tried to talk common sense and tell everyone to just totally ignore them, but many many people could not help themselves, and although they deserve to put up with his crap by encouraging it, the rest of us didn't. thank you for looking out for the rest of us.

Mike, of course it helps, now we hopefully don't have to hear from this worthless piece of crap, frankly I hate him for wasting the air that useful human beings breathe. Gosh I hope he hasn't procreated. As far as e-mail goes, there are ways to block it too, and if it continues, again, go to his ISP and have it stopped there at the source.

and by the way, it wasn't just attention that kept him going, it was pure malice, he created thread after thread so that anybody seeking real info. had a difficult time finding it. I still think all of you who can't truly ignore a person are majorly to blame, too bad the world isn't such that those that invite shit upon themselves are the only ones that have to smell it.

Red
Again, thanks Saeed and Don.

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Saeed & Don,

I thank you, the little shit was a damn nuisance.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
and by the way, it wasn't just attention that kept him going, it was pure malice, he created thread after thread so that anybody seeking real info. had a difficult time finding it.

Red

He only created the threads and postings because he got the reaction.

it was pure malice,

He got the reaction so it was worth his while

But he will be back......Why?...look at the people thanking Saaed for banning him........

And....Why don't people like myself have a problem with him...I can't imagine a situation where I need to give "thanks" to Saeed because he banned someone to protect me or to improve my life on the forum or to stop off topic interjections in a thread in which I have an interest

Also, the fact that Saeed has said he was swamped with emails that requested a banning....tells you that most people like gov't help.

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
Smallfry,

I'm just curious, how did you manage to link this nit wit to this Kathy Lisciotto person??? I bought my first new car at Jack Douglas Chevrolet in Hinsdale. (1970 Nova SS 396-375 HP). And yes, I wish I still had it! Bill T.

Posts: 1540 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Saeed,

How does blocking his access to AR solve the string of emails that DRG is getting and I guess yourself?

"This left us no option but to block his access, and I hope this silly game he is playing is going to end here."

Again, does blocking his access to AR solve the email problem?????????

Mike

Mike...interesting, I"ve had no emails from him since last night. Maybe he took the message or is just taking a break. In any case, the filter I set up in Eudora puts them in the trash bin. Thank god I have broadband.

Thanks for your support mate.

Don

one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Well done, men!!

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

Thanks for doing that. Ordinarily just ignoring someone will work -- they get tired and go away. This guy though is malicious and intended to damage. Good riddance.

jim

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed, Don,

THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart!

Posts: 157 | Location: The Edge of Texas | Registered: 26 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
Saeed and Don - thank you very much.

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
another thank you! D

Posts: 1701 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 28 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
Just to explain to those whom might say the best way is to ignore the radicals in society ..... it dont actually work like that in real life, as in real life when we ignore negative goings on they become worse ... to come up with an anology lets say we have a number of regular guys that frequent a local bar to drink tell tales and generally have a good time, that is just fine till one sunny day in walks Joe LO Life with a chip on his shoulder and instead of joining in with the group or keeping his trap shut completely he starts to antagonise and generally makes bad blood within the bar ... sometimes the group might politely tell him to tune down a bit, but after many nights of this Low Life spoiling the atmoshere in the BAR the patrons and management say enough is enough, and Joe LL is banned from the bar. At least banning him will prevent someone ultimately getting hold of him and knocking seven colours of S..T out of him ... just because we are in cyberspace makes not one iota of difference, there still must be respect for others whom are going about their business in an orderly manner, or suffer the consequences ...

Turning the other cheek or a blind eye might sound good in theory but in reality it very seldom works, particularily if the transgressor is still around the BAR ..

Free speech in theory is good but it has limitations, and the level headed owner operators of the forum have seen fit to consider the majority view over the very small minority and a verdict has been passed down .. Guilty as charged

This forum has a set of guideline which all guests whom sign in MUST accept, just like in a bar, there is a sign saying right of admission reserved ... Dont come in with an attitude that you are going to mess up the place and think that you will get away with it, there are consequences in life

Peter

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
DRG, Carmelo is probably in violation of both state and federal law with his attacks on you. I suggest that you prepare a cd documenting what he has done and send it with a cover letter both to your local FBI office, cybercrimes unit, and to your state's attorney general's office for review and investigation.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote