Mobile: +264 81 128 3105

P.o. Box 564
Outjo
Namibia
Africa

Posts: 196 | Location: Namibia | Registered: 23 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That does NOT look like bow hunting to me.

Posts: 885 | Location: Eastern Cape, South Africa | Registered: 08 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
tell me - what's the difference between this and the forest fairies on TV that are in a hut next to a waterhole thumbdown

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Shona
posted Hide Post
This is the first time I ever see someone shoot an animal with a bow from the back of a pickup truck. I bet you that was a tame Ostrich as well.

Frightfully unsporting of them. thumbdown thumbdown

Johann Veldsman

Shona Hunting Adventures

www.facebook.com/shonahunting

www.AfricanHuntingNamibia.com
www.conservation-hunting.com

P.o. Box 564
Outjo
Namibia
Africa

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchloc:
tell me - what's the difference between this and the forest fairies on TV that are in a hut next to a waterhole thumbdown

The man make sa good point.

Posts: 392 | Location: Pretoria, South Africa | Registered: 30 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
You Tube and the bloody idiots who post unethical and pointless crap such as this will be the death of hunting! Roll Eyes

One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
tell me - what's the difference between this and the forest fairies on TV that are in a hut next to a waterhole

animal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shakari:
You Tube and the bloody idiots who post unethical and pointless crap such as this will be the death of hunting! Roll Eyes

Bingo!!!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
I had a bow hunting dvd by Gary Bogner who I guess is a big time bow hunter? Anyway he shot a Cape buffalo from the truck. I turned the dvd off after that.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
On my first trip to Africa, when I didn't know any better, I shot on ostrich off the back of the truck on a 16,000 acre gamefarm. The PH presented it as just the normal SOP. I always felt guilty about it. I haven't shot off the back of a vehcile since except for some culling.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1849 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hunters are the leading cause of Anti-Hunting. Get used to it. We do not have the will to police ourselves.

One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
I'm sure the archer has a great story about how difficult the hunt was and how challenging was the shot.
This is pure crap.

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1260 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PSmith:
I had a bow hunting dvd by Gary Bogner who I guess is a big time bow hunter? Anyway he shot a Cape buffalo from the truck. I turned the dvd off after that.

He is a BIG Muckity Muck with SCI.

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Disgusting.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13522 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of white north
posted Hide Post
Why is it wrong to shoot from a truck? Do you think it is cheating? If so, I think if you use a gun on a animal you are cheating, if you want to be fair, use rocks, because you have the upper hand when using guns.

Posts: 126 | Location: Arviat, Nunavut, CANADA | Registered: 02 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Shona
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by white north:
Why is it wrong to shoot from a truck? Do you think it is cheating? If so, I think if you use a gun on a animal you are cheating, if you want to be fair, use rocks, because you have the upper hand when using guns.
popcorn

Johann Veldsman

Shona Hunting Adventures

www.facebook.com/shonahunting

www.AfricanHuntingNamibia.com
www.conservation-hunting.com

P.o. Box 564
Outjo
Namibia
Africa

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The only things that might be categorized as unethical in the killing of an animal is when it is done unsustainably or causes the animal undue pain and suffering, or it's killed for no purpose; that is, it's meat, hide, etc. aren't made use of to the greatest extent possible.

Posts: 861 | Registered: 17 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tembo
posted Hide Post
I thought shooting from the back of a truck was illegal in South Africa. Even if it is legal, that was not very sporting at all.

Posts: 2596 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
no. it's better sport to shoot fenced game in texas......

archer

fat chicks inc.

Posts: 475 | Location: Belgien | Registered: 01 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have witnessed only one Ostrich kill....a male,very territorial, had chased farm workers all over the place and sent one to hospital. It had put a dent in bakkie while a friend was jerking his 13-year old daughter into back of bakkie. ZIM ranch owner had enuff and offered very cheap for us to take him out. Another buddy on the trip who is an avid bird hunter, bought the deal. He borrowed owners shotgun, I and a PH backed him with rifles as we had no idea what would happen....we got the Ostrich attention and he charged full bore....buddy shot him like a US Turkey---in the face....down like a rock!! Farm mgr,chief scout, head tracker broke off a thorn and did a coups da gras with it in the ear.
The 20 or more farm workers who had hung on the three bakkies or ran from the village to watch, from a distance, all cheered and clapped and many hugs were given to my friend.....sounds more "sporting" to me but what do I know? After all it was a little bitty high fenced 8,000 hectares place...

Posts: 696 | Location: Soddy Daisy, TN USA | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
My guess is it was a very aggressive male that was not manageable or safe for people to be around. Kind of like culling an unruly barnyard rooster or tom, 'cept ole volstruis (fostrace to my ear) can actually hurt you real bad..... Or even kill ya.

Speaking of which, I had an old Blue Slate Tom clawed me good once when I was capturing his witch of a mate who had strangled a few good laying hens. Still have that scar on my forearm. I expect it will be there forever. It goes nicely with an elephant bracelet.

Arm chair quarterbacking is generally pretty crummy too there gentlemen. A few seconds of video and you are all over the situation in a negative way? Hmmm.

Anyway, volstruis tastes better than chicken! And no, I have not shot one, not yet.

~Ann

Posts: 19331 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by white north:

It's a fine line.

we shoot lots of vermin / varmints from vehicles, day and night with spotlights but this normally - at least with most decent hunters extend to game animals.

However, in a cull situation, that is different. when farmers request it, we cull game like deer at night from a vehicle but we can't hunt the same deer from a vehicle the next day. It's called ethics.

Some people find it hard to understand the difference.

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
ell me - what's the difference between this and the forest fairies on TV that are in a hut next to a waterhole

Nothing. I was shown a youtube of a guy shooting a goat in the head from a car and laughing his ass off. We are paying out the rope from which our necks will hang... I have said it before and I'll say it again. I'm no lawyer but I could make a damn good case for ending hunting using ONLY the videos hunters post.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:

My guess is it was a very aggressive male that was not manageable or safe for people to be around.

Arm chair quarterbacking is generally pretty crummy too there gentlemen. A few seconds of video and you are all over the situation in a negative way? Hmmm.

Ann, you surprise me. You are remarkably generous in your interpretation of this ostrich killing.

The caption is "Ostrich taken with bow and arrow."

And the poster's only commentary is "A [sic] Ostrich taken with my Hoyt bow in South Africa."

Nothing there about a "rogue ostrich" that couldn't be approached.

I could kill a bongo bull just as easily, as long as he was in the Animal Kingdom at Disney World, and the driver put the bus in neutral for a minute or two.

(I say neutral because I can even hear the engine running on this nimrod's truck.)

This kind of thing is disgraceful, and you're damned right that I will quarterback it, from my armchair or anywhere else, including face to face with anyone who brags about doing this kind of thing.

As others have said, this kind of thing will be the death of hunting, if we don't at least try to police and publicly condemn it - or maybe even if we do.

Mike

one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Would I kill and ostrich? Yes, and hopefully on my next trip.

Would I do it from the back of a truck using achery equipment? No, I have no desire.

However, if it is legal it the location it took place, who am I to tell a fellow hunter he did the wrong thing. If it is legal, then it is legal in my books. I can always choose to do it a different way.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Mike,

I only brought up my point because the vid didn't say it was a 'hunt'. That's all. And they could have just blown its head off with a shotgun too. I don't know the point of the video, maybe to show it only took a few seconds for the bird to die with a well placed arrow. Maybe it was just a 'guy thing' too. Dunno.

I shoot my pigs behind the ear with my 10/22 during their last meal too. I don't video it but I can assure you they die pretty fast.

Here's a story: On my first safari I 'ran into' a male ostrich who was bent on killing me. This thing had chased the truck all the way to the skinning shed until the fence stopped him and the gate was closed behind us. Dang, I thought, what a crazy bird. It was MEAN!

At one point I needed to find a ladies room. The only place with suitable cover was near the perimter fence (lots of shrubery Smiler). So I took my roll of TP and made haste. That dang ostrich was pummelling the fence trying to get me and wouldn't let me be for nothing. You know how us gals like our privacy. Mad

So, after I took care of my personal business I decided to tease the bird back. Darned if that thing wouldn't spook as I would charge the fence back at him. I think we arrived at a draw but I know without the fence I would have been toast.

~Ann

Posts: 19331 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What's the difference between this and shooting a whitetail at a corn feeder on a high fenced area? Some think it is fine and others wouldn't have anything to do with it.

Posts: 894 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
"When in Rome, do as the Romans do"

The antis will cry foul of anything we do. And as several examples have been posted above, "ethical hunting" applies differently to each of us.

In Texas they shoot deer at feeders, in South Africa they shoot from the back of the truck - they even provide you with a sand bag to use.

In other areas of South Africa one has to ride a horse up a mountain for several hours, then climb some more, and may be shoot something.

In Tanzania and Zimbabwe, one jumps out of the truck and shoots. Or he might have to walk his socks off for days and never fire a shot.

It is all part of hunting, and I will not pass judgemnet at how others do they killing.

Bloody hell, I have had people complaining about me shooting buffalo at what THEY consider "unethical" distances. This despite the fact that we had to follow these same buffalo for hours on foot.

It is called freedom of choice of what is being offered. Smiler

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67717 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
we got the Ostrich attention and he charged full bore....buddy shot him like a US Turkey---in the face....down like a rock!!

Now that sounds like a good time. animal

One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ann, you surprise me. You are remarkably generous in your interpretation of this ostrich killing.

And the poster's only commentary is "A [sic] Ostrich taken with my Hoyt bow in South Africa."

I could kill a bongo bull just as easily, as long as he was in the Animal Kingdom at Disney World, and the driver put the bus in neutral for a minute or two.

(I say neutral because I can even hear the engine running on this nimrod's truck.)

This kind of thing is disgraceful, and you're damned right that I will quarterback it, from my armchair or anywhere else, including face to face with anyone who brags about doing this kind of thing.

As others have said, this kind of thing will be the death of hunting, if we don't at least try to police and publicly condemn it - or maybe even if we do.

Mike

Mike,
What tells you Anns interpretationiis wrong and yours is right? Fact is, the video is seconds long and gives you no frame of reference or information other than it is an ostrich being killed with a bow. You old hens spend too much time looking for something to shake your finger in someone elses face about, put a fresh maxipad in and find something constructive to do. Roll Eyes

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I cannot even begin to count the number of whitetail deer, hogs, coyotes, and various a-sundries of other critters like fox, jack-rabbits, crows, bobcat, and turkey that I have shot out of my pickup window with my rifle rested over the rear-view mirror in my life.

Yes...I would have shot that ostrich as long there were plenty of them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36970 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PSmith:

+1 This of course coming from a guy who took 5 of the big 6 in the Selous with a bow on one safari????????? Confused WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom In Tennessee:
I have witnessed only one Ostrich kill....a male,very territorial, had chased farm workers all over the place and sent one to hospital. It had put a dent in bakkie while a friend was jerking his 13-year old daughter into back of bakkie. ZIM ranch owner had enuff and offered very cheap for us to take him out. Another buddy on the trip who is an avid bird hunter, bought the deal. He borrowed owners shotgun, I and a PH backed him with rifles as we had no idea what would happen....we got the Ostrich attention and he charged full bore....buddy shot him like a US Turkey---in the face....down like a rock!! Farm mgr,chief scout, head tracker broke off a thorn and did a coups da gras with it in the ear.
The 20 or more farm workers who had hung on the three bakkies or ran from the village to watch, from a distance, all cheered and clapped and many hugs were given to my friend.....sounds more "sporting" to me but what do I know? After all it was a little bitty high fenced 8,000 hectares place...

rotflmo

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
bow hunting the Big 6 would be quite an adventure. Speaking of ostrich I wonder if the wild ostriches are as good to eat as the farmed ones. The ostrich I have had in restaurants is comparable to good beef but leaner.

Posts: 12 | Location: Portland, OR | Registered: 04 August 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ann, I did not mean to sound as harsh as I probably did. I hear you loud and clear. There is context to everything we do. My point is that this guy provided none, but implied a hell of a lot, and posted his supposed "exploit" to the entire world.

Not good, IMHO.

quote:
Originally posted by 505 gibbs:

quote:

Mike

Mike,

What tells you Anns interpretationiis wrong and yours is right? Fact is, the video is seconds long and gives you no frame of reference or information other than it is an ostrich being killed with a bow. You old hens spend too much time looking for something to shake your finger in someone elses face about, put a fresh maxipad in and find something constructive to do. Roll Eyes

What you can do with your idiotic opinions I will leave up to your imagination. Either you willfully ingore what is self-evident or you need a 24 hour per day minder, I don't know which.

It grates me to have to say these things, because I am generally thought of as a pretty nice guy, but there it is.

The subject idiot posted this clip with NO context. Was this a cull? A problem animal?

You tell me. He sure as hell didn't.

Was it a hunt? It sure as hell wasn't, although he certainly implies that it was.

He posted to the entire world about "A [sic] Ostrich" that he took with his Hoyt bow in South Africa.

Any child with a wrist rocket and a dad with a truck could have done the same.

Any halfwit with a bow could have stalked in and done better.

But I am clearly wasting my breath on the "if it's legal, it's okay" crowd.

Spend your mortgage money on booze and the lottery, and bankrupt your family. That's fine with the "it's okay, if it's legal" crowd, because it's certainly legal.

Buy a couple of prostitutes for some fun times at the Bunny Ranch in Nevada. Fine with the "it's okay, if it's legal" crowd. (Maybe not, though, if one of them's your daughter, right?)

And don't even start with the "mighty hunters" who shoot over feeders and at waterholes and inside feed lots surrounded by high fences, and then have the nerve to brag about their heroic "hunting" prowess.

God save us from such heroes.

But I don't have a church, so rest easy that you'll hear no more, at least on this thread, from yours truly, a/k/a the voice in the wilderness. Roll Eyes

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The headline for this thread is: Would YOU do this?

While there have been several comments on both sides of the fence I will take on the topic in the most basic sense. No, I would not do it under the circumstances that seem to be in place. It is possible that further information regarding the circumstances "could" mitigate my position but I doubt it. In any event, I most certainly would not post the matter on you tube or anywhere else.

"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else."

Posts: 105 | Location: Looking for the Southern Cross | Registered: 13 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ostrich are damned hard to stalk with a bow. I could get almost within distance and always had a back end view with no ethical shot. Shooting out of a truck isn't my style but I think it's more sporting than shooting one from a hide at a watehole. I've heard rifle hunters saying the texas heart shot works well for ostrich...so how is that more sporting than from the back of the truck?

In the end the animal doesn't care about ethical or not it's still dead.

I agree you-tube will be the death of hunting.

It would be nice if AR had image/video hosting capabilites with only chosen members able to view the stuff. Then we could keep these images out of the public domain.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you are all so concerned why dont you try and contact the poster. Who knows this may even have been a wounded ostrich they were following up.

People often say You Tube will be the death of hunting, but that nonsense. You guys sit here all day writing up essays for the antis to copy and paste into their bleeding heart reports.
In essence you are behaving just like the antis and pre judging without any real facts.

Wouldn't it be better for hunting to try and figure out where the problem lies first and then maybe try and educate the people at hand.

Almost any scenario can be painted any way you want. Perhaps taking a few seconds to moderate your approach would be the best thing you could do for the sport you cherish.

As for the end of hunting, there simply is no way. There is no force on earth that will ever take from me my given right to hunt and feed myself from the gifts of nature. Just like there is no force on earth that will take from me my weapons.

Good luck to you all
HQ

Posts: 305 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 13 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had an argument with a guy once, who was not ant-hunting as such, but was certainly not a hunter. I would describe him as ambivalent on the issue.

He argued that shooting animals at night, with the aid of a spotlight, was MORE ethical than walk-and-stalk in the day, as you were more likely to make a clean one-shot kill within the night & spotlight scenario.

I wouldn't admit it to him, but he may have had a point. But as a non-hunter he could not grasp that the two scenarios were at opposite ends of the scale and could not be compared, even though the intention was the same.

I suspect that much of what we refer to as "ethics" is really more a "sporting code of conduct". The primary ethic is to kill the animal quickly and cleanly. If this requirement is met, can it really be called unethical. Unsporting, would perhaps be more apt?

Posts: 392 | Location: Pretoria, South Africa | Registered: 30 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
To provide a "real time" example, below is a quote by African Hunters Quest, non-assuming, balanced, fair, the voice of reason.

quote:
If you are all so concerned why dont you try and contact the poster. Who knows this may even have been a wounded ostrich they were following up.

People often say You Tube will be the death of hunting, but that nonsense. You guys sit here all day writing up essays for the antis to copy and paste into their bleeding heart reports.
In essence you are behaving just like the antis and pre judging without any real facts.

Wouldn't it be better for hunting to try and figure out where the problem lies first and then maybe try and educate the people at hand.

Almost any scenario can be painted any way you want. Perhaps taking a few seconds to moderate your approach would be the best thing you could do for the sport you cherish.

As for the end of hunting, there simply is no way. There is no force on earth that will ever take from me my given right to hunt and feed myself from the gifts of nature. Just like there is no force on earth that will take from me my weapons.

Good luck to you all
HQ

And Below is another quote from our very own Michael Robinson, presumptuous, condescending, judgemental and generally off topic from the standpoint that he has gone off unbalanced, storming down the war path. See the difference? I will tell you again for the 3rd or 4th time Mike, perhaps you should heed the quote you keep at the bottom of your posts, I have put it in bold this time.

Your Good Friend,
Brad

quote:
What you can do with your idiotic opinions I will leave up to your imagination. Either you willfully ingore what is self-evident or you need a 24 hour per day minder, I don't know which.

It grates me to have to say these things, because I am generally thought of as a pretty nice guy, but there it is.

The subject idiot posted this clip with NO context. Was this a cull? A problem animal?

You tell me. He sure as hell didn't.

Was it a hunt? It sure as hell wasn't, although he certainly implies that it was.

He posted to the entire world about "A [sic] Ostrich" that he took with his Hoyt bow in South Africa.

Any child with a wrist rocket and a dad with a truck could have done the same.

Any halfwit with a bow could have stalked in and done better.

But I am clearly wasting my breath on the "if it's legal, it's okay" crowd.

Spend your mortgage money on booze and the lottery, and bankrupt your family. That's fine with the "it's okay, if it's legal" crowd, because it's certainly legal.

Buy a couple of prostitutes for some fun times at the Bunny Ranch in Nevada. Fine with the "it's okay, if it's legal" crowd. (Maybe not, though, if one of them's your daughter, right?)

And don't even start with the "mighty hunters" who shoot over feeders and at waterholes and inside feed lots surrounded by high fences, and then have the nerve to brag about their heroic "hunting" prowess.

God save us from such heroes.

But I don't have a church, so rest easy that you'll hear no more, at least on this thread, from yours truly, a/k/a the voice in the wilderness.

Mike

An ounce of experience is worth a pound of theory.