THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Anyone find out the weight of this bull?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone find out the weight of this bull?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just ran across this . . .

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
looks to me to be around 100x105# tusks are to thin to be much more than this and i would even say closer to 90lbs range

Posts: 2095 | Location: B.C | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Just ran across this . . .

Doesn't the huntingreport list the weight?

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Unfortunately not. The bull is listed as taken by an "anonymous European hunter" in The Selous with no mention of weight. So . . . you think he is a shooter?

Best,

JohnTheGreek

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've seen this pic before. Was it not taken by Raoul Ramoni'? Not very big bodied and coming from Selous I would say that it is in the mid to late eighty pound range.

Who would want to remain anonymous, then have his picture taken with it and displayed on the internet? Maybe something fishy about the way it was taken?

Posts: 3034 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Beautifully shaped ivory. Well under 80 lbs is my guess. Look at the small body size of this elephant. He's less than 4 feet high laying on his side.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Adam Clements
posted Hide Post
65-70 pounds at the most on this elephant, but still a nice set of ivory, and any hunter should be proud of that ivory.

Posts: 473 | Location: San Antonio, Texas & Tanzania | Registered: 20 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
An elephant on the ground on his side is hard to tell much about, but is that the skinniest elephant around?

Posts: 157 | Location: The Edge of Texas | Registered: 26 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
His front legs are short as well.

Posts: 1407 | Location: Beverly Hills Ca 90210<---finally :) | Registered: 04 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
This bull was taken in Tanganyika Wildlife Safari's Kihurumira camp (also and formerly known as the Holland and Holland camp) in the central Selous by a Spanish hunter in July of 2003.

The major tusk was over eight feet in length and more than eighty pounds in weight.

The hunter took this bull with a Ruger bolt rifle in .416 Rigby.

Posts: 13396 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That Spaniard is a lucky man! Thanks!

JohnTheGreek