THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Wild animals fear humans more than lions- BBC

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wild animals fear humans more than lions- BBC
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
And rightly so
We are the top predator

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Lions do not give a shit about us especially during the dark hours or on bait

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9879 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lion scare the chitt out of me.

Birmingham, Al

one of us
posted Hide Post
Lions "snarling and growling" means the lions are not hunting.

Indy

Life is short. Hunt hard.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Andrew, you have far more experience with them than I do, but I agree. I've never had a lion treat me with anything other than total disdain.

Posts: 10079 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Indy:
Lions "snarling and growling" means the lions are not hunting.

True, they are silent as the night when hunting but try approaching one of those "snarling and growling" on foot and see the reaction. Wink

Posts: 1916 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fulvio,

True that. We were tracking a lion (not wounded) and it's amazing how they can hide. We came up at one point and everyone thought if they were a lion they'd be there. We glassed for 10 minutes and convinced ourselves he wasn't there. He was there. Anyway, we bumped him a couple of times and he voiced his displeasure with increasing emphasis each time.

Posts: 10079 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He finally walked into a sea of grass and it would have been futile, most likely, or suicide if you actually found him, in there.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is in Kruger, so its not hunting.

Its that its something they are not used to in that setting.

My experience is that animals are pretty tuned in, and get very nervous if there is something "different" regardless of what it is.

Note that in Tanzania, if you dress up as Masai, you can walk into rifle range of most of the plains animals (at least in some places)... They are habituated to them, and don't react.

Lions? In an active hunting area they do act a bit differently. I've always thought that they have some innate sense as when I have had a license they tend to be MUCH more flighty than if you don't. Not sure why. But when I have been hunting other things, they can be very blase about you.

Lions are one of those animals that I can't trust. I've seen them hide and move, and I have to respect them.

Posts: 10727 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote