Login/Join

one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted
Gentlemen

I am in the need for some Snake Proof Chaps
or gaiters.
What brand are the best.
I do not care about the price just best product comfort and quality wise.

Cheers,

André

Always always use enough... GUN & KNIFE

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N'gagi
posted Hide Post
Cabela's has some. We have a LOT of big rattlers here in So. Cal.

Christer will be here this weekend. Maybe you can order some, have them sent to me, and he can bring them home with him.

Mark Jackson

Posts: 1123 | Location: California | Registered: 03 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Tex21
posted Hide Post
I'm a chaps man myself. Gaiters work well, but I prefer to spend the couple extra dollars to protect my legs above the knees. They can also help fend off thorns too.

Cheers,

Tex

Jason

"Chance favors the prepared mind."

Posts: 1449 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: 24 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Andre,

I have a pair of pants that have a kevlar lining. Originally, I got them through Cabelas but they have not offered that specific model for a year or so. I see they have not introduced a new line:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jhtml?id=0014899931245a&type=product&cmCat=search&returnString=hasJS=true&_D%3AhasJS=+&QueryText=snake+pants&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fsearch%2Fsearch-box.jhtml.22&N=4887&Ntk=Products&Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=snake+pants&noImage=0&returnPage=search-results1.jhtml

They list them on sale right now for half price ($49.95 US).

I like pants better than gaiters, chaps, or boots plainly for comfort. The gaiters and chaps rub the hell out of your legs. Boots that high are not comfortable for me. Your mileage may vary though.

Good luck,
Doug

Posts: 294 | Location: Waunakee, WI USA | Registered: 10 February 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Why do you guys worry about snakes so much? What species are in your hunting area?

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7981 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The ones I sold in my store were made in GA. and sold under the name of Rattler's Brand. They have both knee high or chaps. They make other products too like bird / shell bags etc.

You can borrow money but you can not borrow time. Go hunting with your family.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen

Thanks for the great advise.
I waas told by my PH Juan Pozzi that snakes boots would be a good idea. But I do not have the time to break in a new pair of boots and thought that chaps or gaiters would be just as good.
Nanital fra Argentina told me that gaiters would do fine so I think that I will get a pair from Cabelas.
The pants looks nice but where not available in my size.
Mark, I would like to take you up on the offer if Christer do not mind bringing me a pair in his suitcase. Thanks Smiler
Please PM me your address.
What are Christer and you up to ? any hunting ? Playing with guns gunsmile

Cheers,

André

Always always use enough... GUN & KNIFE

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you don't have time to pick up leather boots,look at the Rubber Knee boots that are snake proof or go with the cahps or leggings from Turtule Skins

Stay Alert,Stay Alive
Niet geschoten is altijd mis

Hate of America is the defeat position of failed individuals and the failing state

Posts: 1529 | Location: Tidewater,Virginia | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote