New
Find
Notify
Tools

Problems in Cameroon?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wish Geoffroy to find investors to accompany him on the project he has. He is a responsible hunter like there are not so many, working towards sustainable use of natural resources by hunters and conservation of fauna.

Posts: 157610 | Location: Ukraine, Europe. | Registered: 12 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jbderunz
posted Hide Post
Mayo Oldiri safaris' camps will be managed by Herve Houdebine now.
I hunted with him twice in the CAR where he let bad memories. To be explicit, in 2006 he got away without having paid hunting permits, trophies fees, salaries and get away with 2 brand new toyotas, all the spare parts and anything having any value, letting stranded 30 hapless not paid and starving employees. Let alone overshot the quotas.
He fled to Cameroon and stayed one year in Camsaf, an outfit he created with all the stolen goods from the CAR.
Next year for obscure reasons he left for RSA a couple of months, went to Tanzania and now arrived for in Cameroon.
I am really dubious about the seriousness of this guy.

J B de Runz
Be careful when blindly following the masses ... generally the "m" is silent

Posts: 1727 | Location: France, Alsace, Saverne | Registered: 24 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Geoffroy:
If I speak about this problem, it is because I think that it is the duty of the PH to inform the hunters on what occurs. Sporting hunting should not be applied to the serious detriment of fauna. In the East of Cameroon, not only the hunters and more generally the whites are not any more in safety but in more the animals are massacred without any control. For more than ten years, I have worked hard for the anti-poaching with the Cameroon’s government. I often noted the absence of the government to be really wanted to protect the wild animals. It is the same thing for the organizations like the WWF of which the goal set only to collect money for him self. I deeply implied myself proving that we can obtain results. My zone was very rich and it for that that it is attracted so many poachers.
If a PH, witness of is massacred, does not have to say that there is a very significant problem, which will do it? I do not want to speak about my problems but about the problems of safety and about massacre of the large fauna of forest. The modern hunter must be implied in the protection and the conservation of fauna. The public opinion international must understand that the hunters are respectful conditions of hunting and cannot take part in a massacre.

As an avid hunter and a professional wildlife biologist, I applaud this concept and Geoffroy's commitment

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thank you for be interest to hunt in forest with me. Sorry to have taken much time to answer you but my current situation is a little complicated. I do not work any more with Mayo Oldiri for various reasons. For the next hunting season of 08, I would be in CAR with Alain Lefol. Sibylle will accompany me and deal with the camp. Our want is to propose a quality of service at least equivalent to Lognia. The zone on which we will be is more open than the large forest of Cameroon (basin of Congo). The size of the horns of the bongos is very large. There are also Derby’s eland in the north of the area. CAR is a country where the hunting of the lion is possible and there are on the zone as well as leopards. Alain Lefol is a much known PH and he has a very good reputation. Alain spoke to me much about his zone and it seems that we will be able to ensure an excellent quality of safaris.
Sibylle and me, we will be in Reno (SCI) in the booth of Alain Lefol.
We now seek customers for season 08.
You can contact me to my email address: baka_forest@hotmail.com
I hope that we will have the occasion to see us in Reno.
I wish you a merry Christmas
Best Regard
Geoffroy de Gentile

One of Us
Picture of dwarf416
posted Hide Post
I have been in cameroon with Nsok safaris this year for rainfores elephanth, bongo and gigant forest hog. I have been very lucky achiving a30 lbs aside elephant a 30 inch bongo and a huge hog. I think Nsok will have some photos of the hog in reno2008. The fact is that they were desperate with poachers but thought very little could be done due to authotities involved with it. My elephant had an old bullet from a poacher un his left tusk. It is a big shame but they are not permitting tha hunting companies develop the antipoaching units they had in the 80-early 90

diego

Posts: 645 | Location: madrid spain | Registered: 31 October 2007Reply With Quote