Find
Notify
Tools

NTSHONALANGA SAFARIS
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Northman56751
posted
Wondering if anyone has hunted here. Peter Harris is the PH. Looks pretty good. Looking for a good starter Safari for myself- bringing the wife with and this place looks like is has other activies for her to do while i am hunting.
Also wondering about shipping the trophies back to the US and what that ususally runs. The hunt is for Impale, Kudu, Blesbok, Springbok and Warthog. Can do 7 day hunting icl. trophy fees and then after hunt do a 3 day photo safari to Kruger........all inclusive for me and her for $6000.00
Any other suggestions?

Brett Mattson
www.hosted-hunts.com
E-mail: brett@hosted-hunts.com
Cell: 218-452-0774
Life Member NRA

Posts: 258 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Palmer
posted Hide Post
You will have a successful and fun hunt with Peter.

My wife and I have done 4 safaris with him in the past few years.

ALLEN W. JOHNSON - DRSS

Into my heart on air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?
That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

A. E. Housman

Posts: 2251 | Location: Mo, USA | Registered: 21 April 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
We have hunted with Peter twice, in 2000 and 2002, and had a great hunt with him.

There are several hunt reports on hunts with Peter on Hunting page.

Recommende without any reservations. Peter would always be my first choice if I wanted to hunt South Africa.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have hunted with Peter 3 times now. The hunt you are looking at is a good hunt especially in value for a first timer.
I will tell you put some extra money away to shoot more animals if possible as you will never get as much bang for the buck as on the first time hunt. A first time hunter isnt hunting the specialty high dollar stuff but there is a lot of different basic plains game available. I can almost guarantee the opportunity will arise to shoot something unexpected or not part of the basic package on a first time hunt. Peter puts on a good hunt.Go and have fun.

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I hunted once with Peter in 2001 and am hoping to return next year. Everything was perfect. Mike Smith is right though,with the comment"the opportunity will arise to shoot something unexpected or not part of the basic package " I passed up a beautiful waterbuck that I still kick myself in the butt for not shooting.
Mike

Posts: 257 | Location: Canada | Registered: 29 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Northman56751
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info.
How are the accomodations on the hunt (wife worried)? Any snakes that time of year (May-Sep.)? How about fences..........is there a lot, or not really seen?

Thanks,
Brett

Brett Mattson
www.hosted-hunts.com
E-mail: brett@hosted-hunts.com
Cell: 218-452-0774
Life Member NRA

Posts: 258 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I worked with Peter form many years. He does not own the property he hunts on but has hunting rights on countless properties. As far as fences go they could be so far apart you will not see one in a week of hunting, or they could be smaller pieces. He will bring you to the place that have the best opportuniies for the trophies you are looking for. This makes for a lot of travel to see the country. It also means a lot of different but really nice hunting locations. Peter never stays in anyplace that is half rate, he knows qualtiy and will not put himself in a second rate outfit so you know you will never stay anyplace poor or questionable. It does mean that you may travel to new places every couple days though.

Posts: 1261 | Location: Rural Wa. St. & Ellisras RSA | Registered: 06 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I hunted with them one time. The lodges we stayed at were all great. The PH and staff were all did a excellent job. I would go back. The only thing I would do is tell him I did not want to go to any of the small areas. The large hunting areas are great.

Posts: 132 | Location: Ky | Registered: 21 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of stuntpilot2
posted Hide Post
I've hunted with Peter's outfit in 2003 and 2005 (on Saeed's recommendation, actually). Both times were excellent in every respect. They put me on all of the Big 5 during the second safari including stalking the Lion and the Leopard across dozens of miles of the Kalahari Desert versus baiting. Not many outfitters will be able to claim having matched that. Just as important, he, his staff, and each of the lodge/ranch owners we stayed with on both trips were spectacular hosts.

If it's at all helpful, here's a short trip/bullet report on the last trip:

https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1411043/m/949100633

Posts: 214 | Location: Texas | Registered: 24 May 2003Reply With Quote