New
Find
Notify
Tools

zimbabwe Ph
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am booking a hunt with Shangaan Hunters for lion. Any body hunted with Andy Hunter. He has agreed to be my ph this October.

Posts: 71 | Location: North Pole, Alaska | Registered: 20 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
I've never met him personally but we have mutual friends and I know him by reputaton. He's one of the best.

one of us
Picture of mouse93
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2027 | Location: Slovenia | Registered: 28 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A very good man, and brilliant PH. One of the longest serving examiners on the Zim PH exams and the man who put in all the work to get the written theory exams up to standard. You would be hard pressed to get better.

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
He'll have to tell you the story of the shotgun versus the rifle on a charging wounded lion. Him and Gibbo.

Better than a cup of coffee to wake you up. Smiler

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19316 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Andy Hunter is one of the best PH's that I have ever hunted with in Zim. Fear not and go with confidence !

rlda07052

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Andy is one of the top guys around,you are in very good hands.

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I don't think that you could do better. I've been to Zim 18 times in the last 25 years and will go again with Andy. Think about bring a couple big bags of M&M's for his girls.
Where are you hunting?
Inyati

Posts: 47 | Location: Anchorage, Alaska | Registered: 26 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I spent a week with Andy and a friend of mine hunting leopard last May in Chewore North. Andy put my friend on a fantastic leopard.

Andy was the chief warden in Chewore before becoming a PH. Probably one of the best and most experienced PHs in Zim if not all of Africa.

We talked at length about lion hunting as my friend wanted to come back for lion. Andy did not want to do a lion hunt in Chewore as he would only allow a fully mature male to be taken and he did not think that there were any in Chewore!!

I assume that you will be hunitng in Save? Where ever you are hunting the fact that Andy will be your PH means that he strongly believes that there are mature males in that area. Good for you!

Will, Gibbo and Andy told me the story of following up the wounded lion with a shotgun. When I asked Gibbo why he took the shotgun he told me with his evil grin "because I wanted to see what would happen"... One of these days I want to hunt ele with him. Smiler

Andy also told me about hunting tuskless with you. Good stories.

Brett

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for all who gave input. It was great to get such immediate input.I am on my way.

Posts: 71 | Location: North Pole, Alaska | Registered: 20 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you got the right guy. Best of luck on your hunt.

Posts: 3456 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 17 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Inyati:
I don't think that you could do better. I've been to Zim 18 times in the last 25 years and will go again with Andy. Think about bring a couple big bags of M&M's for his girls.
Where are you hunting?
Inyati

I will be hunting in the Save Conservancy, Zimbabwe.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Andy Hunter is one of the best. I have never hunted with him, but I know him both personally and by reputation. Your safari is in superb hands!

Posts: 265 | Location: central california | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have hunted buffalo in Chewore with Andy.

Great PH, I do recommend him 100%.

I will be doing a buffalo backpack hunt with him again next month.

Antonio

Posts: 98 | Location: Mexico | Registered: 12 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Andy is a true professional. I have enjoyed two very successful safaris with his team (2008 & 2009). Both were great hunting experiences.

LB