THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Push feed plastic stock PH rifle for $10K

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Push feed plastic stock PH rifle for $10K
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Quote:

The starting price is $9,390 plus excise tax.

http://www.jarrettrifles.com/prohunter.html

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It had better include one Zimbabwe buffalo hunt and airfare for that price.

JMHO,

JohnTheGreek

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
Wow, Now that muzzle break. That is truely classy.

Sevens

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Does it come with a can of Copenhagen?

Posts: 2045 | Location: West most midwestern town. | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd rather spend my hard earned cash on daily rates, trophy fees and airfare to get there...

My most expensive piece is around $2,000 and does everything I ask of it. My philosophy on the hunt is to get as close as possible and I don't need a 1/2 or 1/4 MOA rifle to make a kill shot.

Having said all that, I too greatly appreciate a finely made firearm. I have two customs and enjoy using them in the field.

But, $10K is mightly rich for my blood...

Posts: 180 | Location: Mt. Vernon,Ohio, USA | Registered: 14 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Where's the other barrel ? Does it come with a years supply of moonshine ?

Posts: 816 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Years ago I was at a hunting camp, reading a broshure from Jarret.

In it he gives examples of people shooting animals at very long distances, and claiming he makes the most accurate rifle in the world.

When I asked my PH about this, he started to laugh.

He said the only hunter he had who brought a Jarret rifles was such an awful shot, he finished his first box of ammo on his first animal!

What was even worse, he did not bring enough ammo with him to finish his safari.

I suppose when you believe you are using the "most accurate rifle in the world", all you need is 1 shot for every animal you wish to shoot.

Of course, this has nothing to do with how accurate the rifle is, but for those who fall for silly advertising claims.

Posts: 66954 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Definitly not my style. Besides shooting well, guns should be pretty. I really hate plastic stocks.

Posts: 19157 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Wonder if they use the same glue on the bolt handle and a better safety. Besides, they don't have "Beanfields" in Africa. jorge

Posts: 7143 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Have to disagree with you on this one.
The one Jarrett rifle that I ever shot was worth every cent asked for it !

Posts: 363 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: 20 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's a classic adaptation of a great rifle, to the wrong application.

Sort like using a Stadivarius as a canoe paddle.

Bob

Posts: 439 | Location: Goldsboro, NC 27530 | Registered: 25 July 2000Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
Gentlemen

I would never buy a Jarrett, I rather get a John Lewis to build one.

I think Jarret rifles are overpriced. I would rather get a McBros MCRT or Ed Brown 702.

I rather take my old "unmodern" mauser 98

The Jarrett rifle looks very much like a rifle from McBros rifles, but costs more

Cheers

/ JOHAN

one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know what the hype is about Jarret's. Their in the market niche of accurate plastic guns like Brown and HS. Quite frankly I'd take the HS over a Jarret any day and pocket the money saved.

What makes their "DGR" constitute that kind of price?

What is that price tag supposedly buying you over any other PF rifle for 1/5 the price?

Posts: 543 | Location: Belmont, MI | Registered: 19 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think I'll pass on the "African Beanfield Bubba Special" rifle.

Especially when I see on Dakota's web site
that new Model 76 African's are going for $7,495.00.

And some used Model 76 African's for around $5700-$6100 currently in
their inventory.

-Bob F.

http://www.dakotaarms.com/

Serial #: 2204/#17799
Caliber: 330 Dakota
Stock: Special Selection Bastogne Walnut
Hand: right

$7,495.00 (New)

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Jarrett website recommends a muzzle brake for all rifles of .30 caliber or larger.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote