Notify
Tools

use of a custom's broker
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted
Gents:
I understand that Delta won't carry my trophies into Alaska as it contains a buffalo. My option is to use Coppersmith in Seattle. What can you tell me about this?
The crate will fly SAA to Seattle.
I have cleared my trophies myself since 1994 in Anchorage and have never used a broker. Do they (Coppersmith) forward the box to an airline to Alaska (in bond) or must it be cleared in Seattle and then sent on to me?
Any idea of time and fees charged?
Last of all, as I am new to this, are there any other options? Your recommendations?
Thanks for your assistance and cheers,
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I understand that buffalos coming from South Africa, Coppersmith only requires the ear tag number to clear it rotflmo

An attested letter of consent of how the buffalo chose to die is also required jumping

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67465 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
I understand that buffalos coming from South Africa, Coppersmith only requires the ear tag number to clear it rotflmo

An attested letter of consent of how the buffalo chose to die is also required jumping

That has to be the funniest comment I've ever read on AR.

I'm going to be chuckling about it all evening!

rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
Cal it would be best to call Coppersmiths in Seattle. They will give you a Quote over the phone.

Posts: 2330 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
Cal,
I used Coppersmith on my buffalo in 2012 with no problems.
However, I do not remember any details.

Also, procedures may have changed, so best check with Coppersmith.

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

animal Saeed you are sooo sharp..I can't ever remember laughing out loud on a puter. jc

Posts: 1138 | Registered: 24 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does the buffalo get to chose the color of the eartag too?

Asking for a friend.

One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Thanks, all.
If I wanted this much shit, I would have stayed married.
Gentlemen you all are.
Cal

PS. Saeed, ear tag number and form are in hand.

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Cal,

Dumb question: Why won't Delta carry the buffalo to Alaska?

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12600 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They are just jealous.....pathetic wretches......

Posts: 41869 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
Cal,

Dumb question: Why won't Delta carry the buffalo to Alaska?

Delta won't carry buffalo anywhere. They support the antis and won't transport "endangered game." Meaning the Big 5 and giraffe if I recall correctly.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cal. For what is worth I used this out fit this year but they ended up charging me extra for costs passed on by Forward air from SA.

Laura Durgin <Laura.Durgin@dlchb.com> wrote:

Laura Durgin
D&L CHB,LLC
1500 Midway Ct, Ste W201
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
Tele: 847-690-0690
Fax: 847-690-0699
Cell: 847-708-7505

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Awful thing to say, awful.

Posts: 41869 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
Thanks, all.
If I wanted this much shit, I would have stayed married.
Gentlemen you all are.
Cal

PS. Saeed, ear tag number and form are in hand.

Cal,

Do not jump in the sewer and expect to come out smelling like roses! clap

I am just trying my best to help you import your buffalo, LEGALLY, without any hassle.

Please correct me if I am wrong, as I just like to go over the facts of your hunt.

I read your glowing hunt report with your hero, you know, the one you kept reminding us that non of us here are good enough to fit in his shoes!

I know, you are not really trying to be rude here, it just so happens that HIS shoes are so big a pair of Boeing 747 would rattle in them.

He is such a giant of a man that even when Trump is having an argument with CNN, neither could be heard when he whispers "I LET THE BUFFALO DECIDE HOW TO DIE"!

To import any animal, one has to have the EXPORT papers from the country you hunted in, SIGNED by the professional hunter who guided you on that memorable hunt.

Does your export license have MARK SULLIVAN's signature on it??

If it does, this should be a piece of cake, no problems at all.

I would would very much appreciate it if you can print a copy of your hunt report you kindly posted here, and proudly display it right next to your buffalo on the wall.

I bet there are not many buffalo being displayed in Alaska which were given choice of how to die.

Bloody hell, that is a talent I am really jealous of.

I have been hunting buffalo for 36 years now, and still have no ability of how to talk to them!

Accepting my limitations in this, I just shoot them.

No time for asking questions rotflmo

Posts: 67465 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
quote:
Forward air from SA

I had NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS with these IDIOTS!!! AVOID THEM at all cost!!!

Posts: 2330 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Thanks,Saeed, for your concern.

And, I know you must give me a bit of payback for the parody I posted of my hunt and your obsession with Mark. That's OK as I undertand you a bit better now.

You see a couple of months ago I asked a noted psychologist about your endless rants and behavior towards Mark. Not just a simple disagreement, but a jihadist (to use a term of your people) hatred that never ceases. Someday when you go on your next Sullivan rant (perhaps after I post next year's hunt with Mark) I will post the doc's opinion. While he does not know you, I directed him towards your posts on AR and sent the file I kept of your hypocrisy.

That aside, my export documents in the hands of the proper authorities and soon I should have my buffalo--all set up in a display in my trophy room or (as some call it) my Sullivan shrine. I pray there five times a day and face in the direction of Mark's hunting camp. And, as you know from my Parody, Mark's fame is so widespread that...well, look at the major sports and entertainment facility in Alaska!!

Saeed, you're the best. Thanks for keeping the Sullivan name in the spotlight!
Cheers,
Cal
PS. This summer I will be thinning out much of my Africa collection. Are you still looking for a complete set of Hatari Times? (I need to make room for more photos of Mark).

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
Thanks,Saeed, for your concern.

And, I know you must give me a bit of payback for the parody I posted of my hunt and your obsession with Mark. That's OK as I undertand you a bit better now.

You see a couple of months ago I asked a noted psychologist about your endless rants and behavior towards Mark. Not just a simple disagreement, but a jihadist (to use a term of your people) hatred that never ceases. Someday when you go on your next Sullivan rant (perhaps after I post next year's hunt with Mark) I will post the doc's opinion. While he does not know you, I directed him towards your posts on AR and sent the file I kept of your hypocrisy.

That aside, my export documents in the hands of the proper authorities and soon I should have my buffalo--all set up in a display in my trophy room or (as some call it) my Sullivan shrine. I pray there five times a day and face in the direction of Mark's hunting camp. And, as you know from my Parody, Mark's fame is so widespread that...well, look at the major sports and entertainment facility in Alaska!!

Saeed, you're the best. Thanks for keeping the Sullivan name in the spotlight!
Cheers,
Cal
PS. This summer I will be thinning out much of my Africa collection. Are you still looking for a complete set of Hatari Times? (I need to make room for more photos of Mark).

I do hope your doctor friend is as qualified as Mark Sullivan, and does have a license to operate! rotflmo

I would love to take all the Hatari times you have just let me know how much.

Delivery would be in the US too.

Thank you.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Maybe call Alaska Airlines and ask the how to get them on their plane in the lower 48

What counts is what you learn after you know it all!!!

Posts: 711 | Location: York,Pa | Registered: 27 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:

I would love to take all the Hatari times you have just let me know how much.

Thank you.

Beware Saeed, Cal charges more for the ones with articles about Mark Sullivan. sofa

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7611 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't ship home buffalo trophies any more. I just ship home the ear tags. Brian

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
While we are on the subject, can anyone recommend a taxidermist who can offer several mounting options for ear tags?

I envision a photo or Mark surrounded by a ring of ear tags but I can't think of a proper base to put it on.

Your help is appreciated.
Cal

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
How about a nice pile of dried bull shit on a sheet of plywood? You could partially bury each tag.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13243 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
How about a nice pile of dried bull shit on a sheet of plywood? You could partially bury each tag.

I am not sure this is a good idea.

For a trophy to be truly displayed, one has to take into account the actual hunt and who participated in it.

And just the mention of Mark Sullivan and bullshit would require an enormous warehouse to house all the bullshit associated with that hunt.

Just imagien, the amount of bullshit required to represent "I LET THE BUFFALO DECIDE HOW TO DIE"

Or "THEY DO NOT MAKE ANY BIGGER CALIBER, THAT IS WHY I USE A 600 NITRO EXPRESS"

OR "I AM CONDUCTING BUFFALO HUNTS IN THE REPUBLIC OF SOUTH AFRICA. THE BEST BUFFALO HUNTING ON THIS EARTH"

And of course, let us not forget "I AM MARK SULLIVAN. WORLD FAMOUS PROFESSIONAL HUNTER. I PUT MYSELF IN DANGER EVERY DAY. TO GET YOU THE FOOTAGE YOU SO CRAVE" and finally "I AM THE MOST FAMOUS PROFESSIONAL HUNTER THAT HAS EVER LIVED. I DO NOT REQUIRE A LICENSE TO GUIDE CLUELESS CLIENTS WHO CANNOT HIT A BARN DOOR FROM THE INSIDE! I DO MAKE SURE THAT THE BUFFALO EAR TAG IS REMOVED PROPERLY MYSELF. I CANNOT TRUST THE CLIENTS TO DO THAT, NOR THE APPY WHO HAS TO SIGN THE HUNTING LICENSE"

I am not sure the great State of Texas can produce enough bullshit from all the herds of cattle they have to meet this requirement. rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of twoseventy
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Saeed and Cal, for the hilarious intercourse. Made my day.

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, duke of York

". . . when a man has shot an elephant his life is full." ~John Alfred Jordan

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

Cogito ergo venor- KPete

“It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own self-interest. We address ourselves, not to their humanity but to their self-love, and never talk to them of our own necessities but of their advantages.”
― Adam Smith - “Wealth of Nations”

Posts: 985 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 12 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Or "THEY DO NOT MAKE ANY BIGGER CALIBER, THAT IS WHY I USE A 600 NITRO EXPRESS"

Excuse me, it is I that used a .600. Mark used a .577--a small bore ladies' rifle.
Cal

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cal
Like you, I normally clear my own trophies, simple to do, but recently had a shipment of trophies from Zim that looked like it would arrive at DFW the same day I was leaving for a hunting trip in Germany and Austria. So, I checked with Coppersmiths and they wanted almost $1400.00 to clear one crate. I believe you could fly to Seattle and clear them yourself for less than that and find a shipper that would move the freight to your place much cheaper than Forward Air. Luckily for me, my shipment came on SAA thru Washington, DC, where the normal USDA inspection hold delayed it 3 or 4 days and Forward Air moved it to DFW on the slowest truck east of the Rockies, I was able to clear my crate with no problems. If you should choose to go that route, be advised that you have to pay Frowrd Air charges thru a third party site (which they own).

Good luck!

Karl Evans

Posts: 2824 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I could really add some fire to the Mark Sullivan thingie, but alas I have my hands full keeping my own goat smelling ass out of trouble on the internet so I shall remain a kindly old man, who just won't take sides in a private conversation, but secretly laugh my ass off as the fued of Sullivan continues..and by doing so perhaps I also can choose my time and place for death, but Ive had all my Imune shots so it won't be anytime soon to the concern of some! HA! dancing

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41979 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote