New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dangerous Game Hunting mag.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone have a chance to read the Premier issue of Dangerous Game Hunting. several great articles on rifles, loads, game, etc..www.Dimechbrosdgh.com

The more people I get to know, the more I love my dog!

Posts: 117 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 26 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bought it yesterday. Good articles about Roosevelt, Taylor, and the 375 H&H. Hopefully they will continue with good articles in the future.

Posts: 172 | Location: DAPHNE, ALABAMA | Registered: 26 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Where is said magazine available for purchase?

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very interesting. I visited their website, but that does not reveal much. I sent them an e-mail for more info. I like the idea, because as far as I know, there is not a dedicated DG hunting magazine currently available

Posts: 53 | Location: The Netherlands | Registered: 02 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted Hide Post
I also would like to know where to get a copy of it?

Posts: 1525 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 08 August 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Spring
posted Hide Post
I bought it last week and have enjoyed it. Good articles and few ads. Last night I read the article about buffalo hunting in Luke Samaras' Masailand concession. Glancing through it, I never saw an opportunity for a subscription...Did you?

Posts: 1445 | Location: Bronwood, GA | Registered: 10 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
I am going to check out Barnes & Noble and hope they have it...

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, please someone who knows how to get a subscription please let us know????

Thanks,
Aaron

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sue
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ron Creusen:
. . .I visited their website, but that does not reveal much. . . . e-mail for more info.[/QUOTE

Agreed. The web site didn't reveal much. Obviously, if site visitors can email for "more info" then "more info" exists. Why not go ahead and put that on the site?

Has anyone found a major outlet (bookstore, etc.) yet where it can be purchased off of the shelf?

Posts: 276 | Location: VA/WV borderlands | Registered: 03 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted Hide Post
I just checked B & N online, Nothing?

Posts: 1525 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 08 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
I bought a copy at Books A Million, price wasn't too bad, some articles were reprints of famous writers of Olde ( Taylor, Roosevelt) and Vince Lupo is extolling the virtues of the .45-70.

Interested to see how the second issue progresses...

Posts: 1912 | Location: Charleston, WV, USA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Spring
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sue:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ron Creusen:
. . .I visited their website, but that does not reveal much. . . . e-mail for more info.[/QUOTE

Agreed. The web site didn't reveal much. Obviously, if site visitors can email for "more info" then "more info" exists. Why not go ahead and put that on the site?

Has anyone found a major outlet (bookstore, etc.) yet where it can be purchased off of the shelf?

All I know is that Books-a-Million in Albany, GA has it.

(229) 889-0507

one of us
posted Hide Post
found it in Books-a-million.

Posts: 1092 | Location: Florida | Registered: 14 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Who is the publisher?

Who are the editors and authors?

Is it a monthly? Quarterly?

I've never heard of it before and would appreciate some more info on this, if anyone can post it.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13396 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
I sent an e-mail to the editor asking how to subscribe, where it is sold, contact info for sending in story queries, writer guidelines, and any other applicable info. Will post the response if I get one...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought the last copy at books-a-million in Foley, alabama. I hope they continue it. great read. Check your nearest books -a-million and ask them to get it if they don't already have it.

The more people I get to know, the more I love my dog!

Posts: 117 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 26 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Badger Matt
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads-up. I picked up a copy at Books-A-million in Brandon, FL.

Summer 2009, so it looks like quarterly.
Dimech Bros' Publishing
Allen Dimech, Editor

Doesn't appear to be anything terribly special if you already own several of the classic African books, but at $4.99 a copy it's well worth the money to me.

I hope they stay upright and don't fade away like Under Wild Skies.

Posts: 1244 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: 25 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I picked one up last Friday eve at a BAM in KY.
Here's the premier cover, wait and see if it makes it to a second edition, quarterly?
Maybe a second issue will have some subscription info?
Advertising contact email : dimechbros@aol.com

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sevenxbjt
posted Hide Post
I called the books a million in Albany to buy one and have it shipped to me but they weren't aware of the magazine. Did you buy the last one?

one of us
Picture of Spring
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sevenxbjt:
I called the books a million in Albany to buy one and have it shipped to me but they weren't aware of the magazine. Did you buy the last one?

There were about 10 copies last week; I highly doubt they're all gone. Since it's new, you might need them go to and look for it. If you have a problem, let me know and I'll check into it for you.

one of us
Picture of bwanajcj
posted Hide Post
I spoke with Alan the other day about the magazine right now they are doing test markets in certain areas and it was picked up by Barnes and Noble and Books a million. He will begin working on the next issue very soon.

I have seen it for sale at both B-A-M and B&N here in Houston.

My boss Greg Rodriguez did the article on hunting in Mozambique with Johan, Overall it seems like a great magazine and I hope he does well with it.

LostHorizonsOutfitters.com
----------------------------
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas"
Davy Crockett 1835
----------------------------

Posts: 696 | Location: Texas, where else! | Registered: 18 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Here is the response I got from the editor...

Hello Tim,

Thanks for the interest in our new magazine. Sorry if the website is a little sparse, but the magazine just went on sale and is not for sale in every state as yet. It is for sale in many southern, mid-western and western states (including NY, PA, WA, CA and Alaska) at Barnes & Nobles, Books a Million, Publix and several other outlets. I can sell you some copies (for $6 each including shipping and handling) if you like. If you would like to submit an article for review, please email me the article, or a short summary of the article if it is not yet written. Also several high res pictures that would be printed with the story. Or, call me and and we can discuss the article. The article must be about hunting dangerous game - the big five plus hippo, bear, bison, jaguar, Australian water buffalo etc. Your leopard or brown bear articles would be of great interest to me. We are paying $100-$500 for an article, unless we run an ad for you in which case a trade may be worked out. Thanks again Tim and I look forward to chatting with you soon.

Best regards,
Allan Dimech
Editor DGH
727 786 5777

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry to say, that I did not receive a reply to my e-mail to 'sales', jet popcorn

Posts: 53 | Location: The Netherlands | Registered: 02 June 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Herald:
Allan Dimech
Editor DGH
727 786 5777

Tim

See another Dimech Website.

Les

Posts: 1261 | Location: Clearwater, FL and Union Pier, MI | Registered: 24 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
including NY, PA, WA, CA and Alaska

I'm on my way to Barnes & Noble as we speak!!!!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Alaskan Bretherin,

4 left at the Norther Lights Blvd. Barnes & Noble and 2 African Sporting Gazettes.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

-Seth Peterson

One of Us
Picture of Sue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHowell:
See another Dimech Website.
Les

Gallery #9 looks like it could involve a "Dangerous Game."

Posts: 276 | Location: VA/WV borderlands | Registered: 03 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sue:
Gallery #9 looks like it could involve a "Dangerous Game."

Sue

That's what I thought! Dangerous to me for sure!

We are off to JimbahSafaris on Sunday to complete our "unavoidably" delayed hunt from 2007! Better luck this time I'm sure!

Les

Posts: 1261 | Location: Clearwater, FL and Union Pier, MI | Registered: 24 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett Adam Barringer:
Where is said magazine available for purchase?

Brett
I found a copy at the Fred Meyer's store in Fairbanks. Maybe one of the stores in Anchorage has it too.

Posts: 512 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 25 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sue
posted Hide Post
Les,

Have a wonderful time! I wish we were going as well.

Tell Owen and his lovely wife we said hello.

S.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sue

Come on down!

I think Owen and Riana have some openings late in the season, I'm sure there is something you guys do not have yet!

Les

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just got a copy at the BAM in Hampton, Va. They had two copies left.

Posts: 78 | Location: Hampton, VA | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Pretty impressive for a new magazine to get an ex president and an African legend to contribute in the first issue. Must have used some serious smelling salts though! Nice RSA canned lion hunt with a lever .45-70 of all things. If that isn't distilled controversy I don't know what is!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

-Seth Peterson

One of Us
Picture of 300magman
posted Hide Post
Picked up a copy at Barnes and Noble here in Mississippi.

Posts: 323 | Location: Jackson, Miss | Registered: 12 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My name is James and I'm an addict. Can you believe I frigin drove 80 miles to the nearest B&N just to pick up this mag. I was shocked to find several African hunting books there as well. I picked up a paper back copy of WHITE HUNTERS by Brian Herne. JC

Posts: 230 | Location: Palo Pinto Mountains | Registered: 26 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sevenxbjt
posted Hide Post
I think you will enjoy White Hunters I read a year or two ago and thought it was entertaining.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I will gladly buy someones' used copy or pay for a new one if you will mail it to me.
B and N here do not have it.
Please let me know.
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sevenxbjt:
I think you will enjoy White Hunters I read a year or two ago and thought it was entertaining.

You'll enjoy it. A good account of Africana history.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

-Seth Peterson

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Frank Martinez:
I will gladly buy someones' used copy or pay for a new one if you will mail it to me.
B and N here do not have it.
Please let me know.
Frank

PM me your address. Thank you.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

-Seth Peterson