THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    2006 Tuffpak Offer for AR Members Only

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2006 Tuffpak Offer for AR Members Only
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hunters Headquarters will offer AR Members Only a discounted price on a Tuffpak / Tuffsak combo only. NO OTHER TUFFPAK ITEMS will be discounted.
The deal is:
A black only standard Tuffpak with your choice of a black, sand, or woodland camo Tuffsak for $310 plus $20 shipping (Ground UPS) to the lower 48 states.
The deal does not start until Monday, April 10 at 9 AM Central Standard Time and ends Sunday, April 23 at 6 pm Central Standard Time.
You must call 817 267 3700 between the hours of 9 AM to 6 PM in order to get this deal.
Our web site is not geared to handle this promotion so please call as requested.
This is Spring Turkey season in Texas and between hunting and watching beautiful granddaughters play fast pitch softball we will NOT be avaiable at other hours.

You can borrow money but you can not borrow time. Go hunting with your family.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
This is Spring Turkey season in Texas and between hunting and watching beautiful granddaughters play fast pitch softball we will NOT be avaiable at other hours.

Good luck with both! beer

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post

Original Tuffpak (measures 52"x13"x12").
Retail Price $335.00 (plus shipping)

The Tuff Sack is a full length nylon duffel that slides neatly into the Tuffpak. The Tuff Sack allows for horizontal "side" loading instead of end-loading of the Tuffpak.

The Tuff Sack features:

• Full-Length, Heavy-Duty, Nylon Zipper
• Draw-string end closure
• Shoulder Carry Strap
• End Retrieval Strap
Retail Price $55.00 (plus shipping)

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That Tough Pack Sack is pretty cool, I will be ordering one on April 10th.

Mink and Wall Tents don't go together. Especially when you are sleeping in the Wall Tent.
DRSS .470 & .500

Posts: 1051 | Location: The Land of Lutefisk | Registered: 23 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Harry

Posts: 100 | Location: Thompkin Corners, Sullivan Co. Penna | Registered: 12 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can someone please tell me what a Tuffsak is?
I understand the Tuffpak part.

Posts: 284 | Location: Hayden, Colorado | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry for my last post, I should have read Terry's post more closly.

Posts: 284 | Location: Hayden, Colorado | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
I snagged a TuffSak from Mims during the last deal. What an improvement for the TuffPak. He's right, they should only be sold as a pair. Together they make the perfect travel gear for firearms.

Posts: 3293 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
Thanks Harry! I won't miss this one!

I'll be ordering one the week of the 10th

"America's Meat - - - SPAM"

As always, Good Hunting!!!

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Harry, I'll br ordering two. studdog

"shoot quick but take your time"

Posts: 451 | Location: drummond island MI USA | Registered: 03 March 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
Hunters Headquarters will offer AR Members Only a discounted price on a Tuffpak / Tuffsak combo only. NO OTHER TUFFPAK ITEMS will be discounted.

According to the above, you must buy both items to get the discount. The Tuffsak alone is not being discounted.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hikerbum
posted Hide Post
I read the deal as #310 for BOTH plus shipping versus the $390 plus shipping T.Carr mentions.

Sounds like a good deal if you are in the market for one.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Posts: 2588 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
$330 gets both items to your house.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Harry:
Now we're talking! I'll be giving you a call after the 10th for the deal. I appreciate you responding to the call!
ScottW

SCI, NRA Life Member

Warm trails and blue skies!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Harry thank you for setting up the deal. I didn't know what to expect when I suggested it.My call will be placed on the 10th.

Posts: 100 | Location: Thompkin Corners, Sullivan Co. Penna | Registered: 12 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Don't forget to call! Better tomorrows to all.

one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
Mimms,
I just got back from my first overseas hunt since I got the Tuffpack and the Saddlebags from you. What a great system! Only problems were keeping the weight down to the new baggage limits and that Argentine Customs waived me right through (must have thought I was a golfer). We got things straightened out though but it sure is nice to go truckin through the airport in places like SFO and people don't even give you a glance.
Russ

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3828 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Blacktailer,
Thanks for the report. I am surprised you were even allowed to enter Calif. with firearms!
Wear a golf cap next time and it may help even more with the disguise. Big Grin

one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Stencil on the side in large letters "Survey Tripod #3" or "Panaflex Tripod #2".

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike_Dettorre
posted Hide Post
I actually just stencilled mine:

Environemental Research Instrumentation

property of

National Geographic Society

Mike

Never under estimate the internet community's ability to reply to your post with their personal rant about their tangentially related, single occurrence issue.

What I have learned on AR, since 2001:
1. The proper answer to: Where is the best place in town to get a steak dinner? is…You should go to Mel's Diner and get the fried chicken.
2. Big game animals can tell the difference between .015 of an inch in diameter, 15 grains of bullet weight, and 150 fps.
3. There is a difference in the performance of two identical projectiles launched at the same velocity if they came from different cartridges.
4. While a double rifle is the perfect DGR, every 375HH bolt gun needs to be modified to carry at least 5 down.
5. While a floor plate and detachable box magazine both use a mechanical latch, only the floor plate latch is reliable. Disregard the fact that every modern military rifle uses a detachable box magazine.
6. The Remington 700 is unreliable regardless of the fact it is the basis of the USMC M40 sniper rifle for 40+ years with no changes to the receiver or extractor and is the choice of more military and law enforcement sniper units than any other rifle.
7. PF actions are not suitable for a DGR and it is irrelevant that the M1, M14, M16, & AK47 which were designed for hunting men that can shoot back are all PF actions.
8. 95 deg F in Africa is different than 95 deg F in TX or CA and that is why you must worry about ammunition temperature in Africa (even though most safaris take place in winter) but not in TX or in CA.
9. The size of a ding in a gun's finish doesn't matter, what matters is whether it’s a safe ding or not.
10. 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact.
11. Never buy a WSM or RCM cartridge for a safari rifle or your go to rifle in the USA because if they lose your ammo you can't find replacement ammo but don't worry 280 Rem, 338-06, 35 Whelen, and all Weatherby cartridges abound in Africa and back country stores.
12. A well hit animal can run 75 yds. in the open and suddenly drop with no initial blood trail, but the one I shot from 200 yds. away that ran 10 yds. and disappeared into a thicket and was not found was lost because the bullet penciled thru. I am 100% certain of this even though I have no physical evidence.
13. A 300 Win Mag is a 500 yard elk cartridge but a 308 Win is not a 300 yard elk cartridge even though the same bullet is travelling at the same velocity at those respective distances.

Posts: 10078 | Location: Loving retirement in Boise, ID | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ordered mine today and can't wait to see it!
Thanks Harry for making this offer to us.

Now if you can make us a great offer like this on some cheap airline tickets to South Africa I would be very greatful.

Thanks and best wishes
Steve G.

Posts: 344 | Location: Elkin North Carolina USA | Registered: 12 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wildlife Artist,
Glad to note you have a great sense of humor.
jumping
Thanks for the order.
As to putting something on the side. I think nothing is still the best but one fellow in Reno did show us a photo of his Tuffpak which had "Display Part 2" on the side. His theory was that nobody would steal Part 2 if they did not already have "Display Part 1"! Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Last fall upon return thru Dulles I was just waved thru not even ask about guns. The part two sounds good.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mimms:
Good to talk with you (again)! Thanks for the excellent customer service and timely shipping. I hope to do business with you again. Also, I appreciate you extending this offer again. I hope you sell a ton of 'em!

Regards,

ScottW

SCI, NRA Life Member

One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
Harry, is there a way I can get in on this? I live in Alberta.I've seen a few clients with these, and I love the system.

Rod

--------------------------------
"A hunter should not choose the cal, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong"
Bob Hagel

Posts: 977 | Location: Alberta, Canada. | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
For you AR members living outside the USA.
Due to the nature of shipping companies they charge a frt. rate that is not what the Tuffpak weighs (20 pounds in the box) but some rate figured on space taken in the truck, plane etc.
I can't describe it right but the rate has noting to do with the actual weight which is 17 pounds empty or 20 in the box. Sooooo...if you can get someone to pick it up for you in the USA and take it back as luggage then it is a no brainer.
If you live in Canada and have a pal in the USA then I just ship it to the US address and you pick it up there. Otherwise you folks in Canada just have to pay the brokerage fees, duties etc. and there is nothing I can do about that.
The deal is $330 in the lower 48 and I don't know how you solve the rest of the problems except for what I mentioned above.
I wish I knew how to get it to you all on the cheap but....
Thanks to all of you that have responded to the offer. Your business is appreciated.
Better tomorrows!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Harry,
Thanks for the great deal. Ordered Monday and took delivery today. (Northern California) Perfect for my Alaska fishing/photo trip in July and African Safari in 2007.

Marc

Posts: 53 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 28 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank your Marc for your business. Most appreciated.

One of Us
Picture of Cunningham
posted Hide Post
Just ordered mine. Looking forward to it's delivery so I can break it in.

Global Sportsmen Outfitters, LLC
Bob Cunningham
404-802-2500

Posts: 580 | Location: I am neither for you or against you. I am completely the opposite. | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We are getting these orders out pretty quick guys so everyone should have their in a week to 10 dys.
I got good news this morning that a new case will soon be available that will fit all the new parallel limb bows...none of our old cases would take them but Mr. Kaplan decided to spring for the new mould to meet the need.
I will keep you all posted.
Thanks for the orders and keep them coming as this will most likely be the last special on the Tuffpaks for quite some time.
Happy Easter to all!

One of Us
Picture of Cunningham
posted Hide Post
Mine just got here off the UPS truck and I'm happy.
My trip to Mozambique for Sept Buffallo is almost complete now.

Global Sportsmen Outfitters, LLC
Bob Cunningham
404-802-2500

Posts: 580 | Location: I am neither for you or against you. I am completely the opposite. | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of T
posted Hide Post
Harry received mine. Thanks for the deal plus quick and courtious service. Smiler

Posts: 292 | Location: Tx | Registered: 24 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,
The AR Tuffpak / Sak offer has expired and I want to thank you that took advantage of the offer. Your business is / was most appreciated and we hope to continue to be of service to you and your fellow hunters in the future. If you have time to check out our web site you will see we are offering many more items than in the past and will continue to add items in the future.
Thanks Saeed for allowing us to continue to make these offers to the AR members. We hope you enjoy yours too.
Better tomorrows to all.
www.hunters-hq.com

One of Us
Picture of 470CapstickA2
posted Hide Post
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh...... I just saw this post... man what a good deal Harry... I'll catch you soon though..

NRA Life Memeber
SCI Life Member
Dallas Safari Life Member
DRSS
We Band of Bubbas

Posts: 404 | Location: Washington, DC/Arlington | Registered: 25 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Harry:
I got my Tufpak last week and the dreams are starting already! Great customer service and very prompt shipping. Thanks a million and great hunting!
ScottW

SCI, NRA Life Member