Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Old numb nuts is at it again this year minus the MGM lion. archer

http://www.bowsite.com/bowsite/features/livehunts/buffALO2007/

One of Us
Picture of Unit5A
posted Hide Post
I'm not even sure I could pull a bow that heavy myself...

"Hunt smart, know your target and beyond"

Posts: 394 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 20 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pauly...you have NO class. What a tasteless, uneccessary comment.

Ken Moody

Posts: 149 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 14 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
"I could tell this was going to be much different from last years’ hunt already"

You mean he isn't going to set the thicket the Buffalo is in on fire?

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh boy...not the type of hunt I'd want, but to each their own:

quote:
Baiting - This is the most effective method and it is legal. Personal, ethical considerations aside, if you want to collect a Buffalo with a bow, this is the best way to do it. The PH will begin putting out alfalfa prior to your arrival and the buffalo in the area become conditioned to it. The PHs I've spoken with give this a very high probability for success - around 80-90% that you will have a shot. And like the waterhole you will have time to pick out a great shot angle and perhaps even get it on film. The problem with baiting becomes a personal matter. Many hunters consider buffalo the ultimate trophy and hunting them like any other plains game animal is not what many bowhunters are looking for. However given the difficulty involved with the prior two methods, and the problems with getting a clean shot via stalking, this is the preferred method by most African Professional Hunters for a bowhunter.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
He is not having much success regardless, it may be time for a suprise brush fire. BOOM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well Pauly, once again you've proven you're nothing more than common white trash.

Ken Moody

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good one see ya next month for your next post. Or the next canned lion hunt with a bow thread. You must be good buds (bb's) with old Pat you sure do like him. Were you the guy with the matches last year? Cheer up Captain Kenny it will be alright.
salute KNNM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There's a reason I haven't spent much time on bowsite in past few years.

I tend to judge other hunter's by if I would share a campfire with them.

I don't think I would like to share a campfire with this guy for a multitude of reasons.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Black Mining Hills of Dakota | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SDhunter you should be so blessed as to share a campfire with Pat L. or Ken Moody. Both are sportsmen of the highest degree with many many combined years of hunting under their belts.

Posts: 223 | Location: close but no cigar | Registered: 03 November 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
"...This thread designated as DEBATE FREE. All responses must be Constructive and Positive..."

Can someone please enlighten me of what the above actually means?! Confused

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68773 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess the site prefers not to have comments such as Pauly3511's on this thread. I can't say I blame them for that either.

Posts: 223 | Location: close but no cigar | Registered: 03 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah we wouldn't want anyone to actually be able to speak their minds. Typically when you hunt in ways you know will cause a debate, ie burnings animals out with fire, shooting lions that just got their mane brushed out, its just easier for Pat to let the guys that are there to get on their knees at his feet to speak. so if you are there for any other reason you are not allowed to post, and he has one of his buddies watching the hunt discussion and ready to delete and ban anyone that questions the King himself.

posted Hide Post
ah...The truth comes out...Banned Bitter Bowsite Dude...

One of Us
Picture of 404WJJeffery
posted Hide Post
A couple of points:

I think anybody who uses the term "white trash" is either is what he is describing, has been around plenty of it, or contemplates it a lot. The rest of us, well, the phrase and the concept just don't fall trippingly from our tongues.

Second, nice of Ken Moody to sign up on the site today and blast away, but really, judging from your live update of last year and the comments about it here, you will not convert anybody here to your way of thinking.

What do you really hope to accomplish here, anyway?

"Are you gonna pull them pistols,...or whistle Dixie??"

Josie Wales 1866

Posts: 1489 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A very good question...

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kota-man:
ah...The truth comes out...Banned Bitter Bowsite Dude...

If you resaerched a little and looked up the thread form the last Buff hunt you would know, but considering this is your first post ever and im sure your fresh from bowsite and just stood up from your kneeling position over from bowsite I cant expect much from you.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Very interesting remarks from Ken Moody Confused

"...This hunt is being hammered at the "Accurate Reloading" site where there is no debate. It's all one sided. Bowhunting also took a hard hit which I responded to but I believe I'm all alone over there.

Ken Moody..."

We do NOT have any "DEBATE FREE" threads on AR, never had, and never will.

Posts: 68773 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 404WJJeffery
posted Hide Post
I think we have a lot of bowhunters here on AR, and they are important contributors to the site. The issue is not bowhunting.

Some people, like me, have issues of the hunt itself, like his lion hunt last year, upon which reasonable minds may disagree....it was legal and ok to do, what I don't particualrly care for is a) the hunt itself and b) the sort of breathless...this is dark Africa kind of talk he overlays on his South Africa ranch hunts.

OK, do your hunt, even report on it, but expect some people who have been there done that to react negatively to the overhyping of the hunt that Moody does. It just doesn't ring true

For eaxample, Here's a quote from DAY ONE that seems unnecessarily "breathy" :

"These buffalo have been here for generations, they have survived rifle hunters, leopards and hyenas which were prevalent on this ranch. I was warned ahead of time, this was not going to be a walk in the park."

Mr. Moody: While hunting Did you see any of the rifle hunters that were prevalent on the ranch? Just how often does a leopard take a Buff (even a "Project Buff")...I didn't know hyena preyed on Cape Buffalo.......................

"Are you gonna pull them pistols,...or whistle Dixie??"

Josie Wales 1866

Posts: 1489 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ignorance is bliss....you speak as if Moody was on the hunt himself.
Do you think gun hunters haven't done ranch hunts.
Pat has hunted 10 days without a shot so far. To me that isn't a drive around the paddock and a blast from the truck's high seat.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
.404 Jeffo...Yes, white trash is totally appropriate given the "gfy" and "finger" gestures used by Pauly. What else would you call it. Inappropriate at the least. Maybe you don't know what "gfy" means. Are you that naive? And, why are you under the dilussion that I was on the this hunt? I had nothing to do with it at all. I have no use for South Africa lions hunts. They are a sham in my opinion and while there are some quality SA buff hunts around, I don't care for hunting them there for the most part. My comments have nothing to do with the hunt. They are directed at the juvenile who doesn't know how to conduct himself on public talk forums. That's it. If you were grown ups you would send your comments directly to Pat instead of conducting the usual AR backstab.

Ken Moody

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Very interesting remarks from Ken Moody Confused

"...This hunt is being hammered at the "Accurate Reloading" site where there is no debate. It's all one sided. Bowhunting also took a hard hit which I responded to but I believe I'm all alone over there.

Ken Moody..."

We do NOT have any "DEBATE FREE" threads on AR, never had, and never will.

Yeah that was a great quote from the "Debate Free" thread on bowsite from last years joke of a hunt. NO you are not over here because this is not a Debate Free bullshit forum. Wonder why you even came back. You have no use for SA lion hunts just kissing Pat's ass. Cpatian Ken I don't know what you have been reading or what kind of things pop in your head with "finger" gestures where did that come from? Oh well must of touched a nerve huh captain kenny salute

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pat has hunted leopard, grizzly and a host of other big nasties on free range hunts.He has been to Africa several times.He knows that a ranch hunt is different from a free range hunt in Tanzania.He also knows that his hunt will be challenging and enjoyable and that many fans of bowsite will enjoy reading about it.

For those that do not enjoy his writing style, that is fine.Not everyone likes chocolate cake.That does not mean that some cannot enjoy it.Perhaps just ignore it if you do not care for it.What is accomplished by throwing rocks at his parade.

We seldom get to choose
But I've seen them go both ways
And I would rather go out in a blaze of glory
Than to slowly rot away!

Posts: 1370 | Location: Shreveport,La.USA | Registered: 08 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Whether you approve of this style of hunting or not, it certainly does not help to further people's interest of willingness to hear both sides of an argument by having the likes of Ken Moody come on here and start trashing those with opposing views.

It makes all bowhunters look like shallow minded children, who, at the first whiff of dissent, lash out at their opponents and take their ball and go home.

That kind of commentary causes people to immediately block out any comments in support of an opposing view.

The debates here on AR are at times spirited and at times spin out of control. But, for the most part, a lively debate provides food for thought that sometimes causes folks to alter their views on things.

There are a lot of experienced bowhunters on this board whom I respect a great deal: Don, eyedoc and others. Great ambassadors for bowhunting. When we have mixed it up in the past, we have taken things off line to have a heart to heart on different issues.

The difference between the AR bowhunting veterans are that they are truly passionate about bowhunting, and are not plants here for another site to play the role of troll in the face of dissenting views.

I never heard the story about setting a field on fire in order to get a shot on an animal. If it is true, I would personally take issue with that tactic, as would a majority of hunters. For me anyway, that would certainly taint my ongoing opinion as to the ethical standards of the hunter in question.

Bowhunting is not easy, and if done on a fair chase basis, the success rate is lower than that of rifle hunters. Patience is required for both forms, but more so for bowhunting. And with bowhunting, you first shot is your only shot. Not much chance of a follow up from the point of the first shot.

But let's face it, some people are not patient and need that confirmed kill or filmed charge to promote sales. We have those in the rifle group as well. My opinion is that to these guys, the means they use justifies the end. And the end is not about hunting, but is all about good video or copy. Killing game as a marketing tool is not something any of us should condone. In the end, these individuals have lost their perspective on what hunting is all about in exchange for the mantle of producer video salesman.

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
AGAIN...My comments have nothing to do with the hunt. I really don't care about the silly hunt. I haven't read anything about it actually. But, you certainly do not introduce any intelligent thread by stating "...old numbnets is at it again..." Am I the only want that thinks that is below the belt? I am not blasting anyone's point of view. Did you actually read the posts??? I honestly have a very low opinion of DG hunting in SA but to each his own.

Ken Moody

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Manion:

It makes all bowhunters look like shallow minded children, who, at the first whiff of dissent, lash out at their opponents and take their ball and go home.

Eeker you refer to Pauly3511's shit spewing as a "whiff of dissent" that must be some landfill you live down wind from!!
Dissent is fine makes the end product stronger. Intentional trolling under the guise of dissent is little more than stir

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Moody:
I am not blasting anyone's point of view. Did you actually read the posts???

Ken Moody

Confused diggin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
"...This thread designated as DEBATE FREE. All responses must be Constructive and Positive..."

Can someone please enlighten me of what the above actually means?!

Saeed,

Perhaps you and the other moderators of this forum might want to invest some time in contacting those who run the other hunting forums about this issue.

My understanding is that these Debate Free / Constructive Posts / Banning Errant Posters came about on other forms because a few individuals (let's call them trolls) were dominating threads to the point where serious members who wanted to contribute were holding back out of frustration of being harassed.

The characteristics of Trolls are:

a) They rarely if ever provide information to the other members in the form of hunt reports (makes on wonder if they are actually hunters?0

b) They rarely if ever provide helpful answers to posted technical questions (like what caliber to use for X, suggestions on where and who to hunt with, etc.)

c) The quickly resort to personal attacks and multiple posts directed at individuals rather than debating issues.

d) They use profanity and vulgar language in public forums.

Sadly, there are some serial hunting trolls who have been moving from hunting forum to hunting forum after being banned. I believe when ArcheryTalk banned some posters then moved over to Bowsite (ArcheryTalk and Bowsite are the two main forums for bowhunters). This forced Bowsite to tighten up with their "Debate Free / Constructive" thread option and star rating system (which seems to have worked).

Now perhaps this has come around to AccurateReloading?

Posts: 76 | Location: Singapore | Registered: 20 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This should be good.

boohoo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do you mean these kind of comments:

quote:
Am I the only want that thinks that is below the belt? I am not blasting anyone's point of view. Did you actually read the posts???

quote:
you refer to Pauly3511's shit spewing as a "whiff of dissent" that must be some landfill you live down wind from!!

Those comments were made in response to some fairly middle of the road statements made to try to get this thread back on course. Both Moody and ALPO made my case; in Spades.

I would hope that the bowmen here would have more to say. If not, the case has been made by Messrs Moody and ALPO.

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yup, as well as these:

"NO you are not over here because this is not a Debate Free bullshit forum. Wonder why you even came back. You have no use for SA lion hunts just kissing Pat's ass"

"Hey Ken gfy"

and highly personal attacks like these:

"Old numb nuts is at it again this year minus the MGM lion

"When bow hunting or SA canned hunts are mentioned Catain Ken throws on his bowsite hat on and comes to the rescue."

One of Us
posted Hide Post
or this:

"Well Pauly, once again you've proven you're nothing more than common white trash"

I know Ken. And I greatly respect his knowledge and integrity. I am saddened to see him drawn in on such a personal basis.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Back to the topic of the thread. Poor Pat struck out again this year. CRYBABY

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Big Kahuna:

Can someone please enlighten me of what the above actually means?!

Saeed,

Perhaps you and the other moderators of this forum might want to invest some time in contacting those who run the other hunting forums about this issue.

My understanding is that these Debate Free / Constructive Posts / Banning Errant Posters came about on other forms because a few individuals (let's call them trolls) were dominating threads to the point where serious members who wanted to contribute were holding back out of frustration of being harassed.

The characteristics of Trolls are:

a) They rarely if ever provide information to the other members in the form of hunt reports (makes on wonder if they are actually hunters?0

b) They rarely if ever provide helpful answers to posted technical questions (like what caliber to use for X, suggestions on where and who to hunt with, etc.)

c) The quickly resort to personal attacks and multiple posts directed at individuals rather than debating issues.

d) They use profanity and vulgar language in public forums.

Sadly, there are some serial hunting trolls who have been moving from hunting forum to hunting forum after being banned. I believe when ArcheryTalk banned some posters then moved over to Bowsite (ArcheryTalk and Bowsite are the two main forums for bowhunters). This forced Bowsite to tighten up with their "Debate Free / Constructive" thread option and star rating system (which seems to have worked).

Now perhaps this has come around to AccurateReloading?

Trying top stop people from disagreeing on the Internet is never going to work.

Personally, I have no experience with bow hunting, so have no comment.

I have hunted in South Africa twice, and loved every minute of it.

I knew I was shooting animals on a fenced farm, and whether anyone agrees with that or not is immaterial. I have my own reasons not to hunt either lion or buffao on a farm.

But, for Ken Moody to claim AR is having NO DEBATE, especially on a thread designated DEBATE FREE, is as far from the truth as the two poles are.

Your suggestion that we should learn something from other sites.

We do. We learn not to follow their examples.

Trolls will always be around as long as we have an open Internet forum.

I suppose different forums try to deal with them as they see fit.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Alp#4

quote:
SDhunter you should be so blessed as to share a campfire with Pat L. or Ken Moody. Both are sportsmen of the highest degree with many many combined years of hunting under their belts.

I don't think I need to be blessed by by either of those two thank you very much. That is just the type of elitist attitude that I don't need to be around.

I have no opinion on Ken Moody, so let's keep him out of this.

Bowhunting to me is a very personal and individual endeavour. My standards and morals are mine, not to be changed because the going gets tough.

What I don't understand is the fact that Pat wanted to kill a buffalo by stalking. Then why sit a waterhole?

Playing with a Mamba, getting too close to a Adder? No thanks, I'll stay away.

I have read about his hunts and other adventures. I'll reiterate this again, I would not want to be in camp with this guy. No malice intended. Just my opinion gathered from his own writing.

Not attacking him in anyway, stating an opine. On the flip side, I don't think he would want to share a camp with me.

I have bowhunted/hunted for many years. Taught bowhunter ed, active in politics etc. I still regard the hunting of Dangerous game with a bow as a stunt for most bowhunters. There are a select few that can pull it off.

So the others take shortcuts to "achieve" success. Which is a false accomplishment in my opinion.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Black Mining Hills of Dakota | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pauly3511:
Back to the topic of the thread. Poor Pat struck out again this year. CRYBABY

Poor guy. It looks like Pat couldn't get laid in a whorehouse.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes he could've shot one with a rifle on day 1. Imagine someone that actually holds tight to his convictions...willing to go home from a high dollar hunt with just pictures rather than pick up a 375H&H

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Roll Eyes wow

He should of broke the Zippo again this year. rotflmo dancing

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Imagine someone that actually holds tight to his convictions...

You can't be talking about Pat.
The used to be die hard traditional bowhunter. Now toting a modern marvel of bowhunting.

In his own words.
quote:
And just like last years’ bull, I wanted to track, then spot and stalk my buffalo.

quote:
I’m confident that I can kill a buffalo on foot on his terms

quote:
So today we decided to build a blind next to a waterhole

What the ???

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nuff Said