Another Bowsite hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SDhunter:
Alp#4

quote:
SDhunter you should be so blessed as to share a campfire with Pat L. or Ken Moody. Both are sportsmen of the highest degree with many many combined years of hunting under their belts.

I don't think I need to be blessed by by either of those two thank you very much. That is just the type of elitist attitude that I don't need to be around.

I have no opinion on Ken Moody, so let's keep him out of this.

Bowhunting to me is a very personal and individual endeavour. My standards and morals are mine, not to be changed because the going gets tough.

What I don't understand is the fact that Pat wanted to kill a buffalo by stalking. Then why sit a waterhole?

Playing with a Mamba, getting too close to a Adder? No thanks, I'll stay away.

I have read about his hunts and other adventures. I'll reiterate this again, I would not want to be in camp with this guy. No malice intended. Just my opinion gathered from his own writing.

Not attacking him in anyway, stating an opine. On the flip side, I don't think he would want to share a camp with me.

I have bowhunted/hunted for many years. Taught bowhunter ed, active in politics etc. I still regard the hunting of Dangerous game with a bow as a stunt for most bowhunters. There are a select few that can pull it off.

So the others take shortcuts to "achieve" success. Which is a false accomplishment in my opinion.

I cannot add to that.

I don't know who Mr Moody is. But to come on here and to trash people in his initial posts on AR paints Mr Moody as the ultimate "troll" within the definition previously posted.

Bowhunting is indeed a very personal endeavor. But because you are shooting an arrow does not void the ethical standards of fair chase.

Mr Moody and ALPO have done nothing to advance the interests of bowhunting. In fact, they have affirmed the notions that make bowhunting a target of most of the world. That being: are you so jaded and out of touch as to tell us that "fair chase" does not apply to bowhunters?

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jim...I have no idea what you're talking about. You are so far out in left field that we're not even in the same ballpark. My comments had nothing to do with hunting, bow or otherwise. They had nothing to do with one internet site or the other and this was certainly not my first posts on AR. It's simple. A guy starts a thread soley to bash a friend of mine and I didn't like it. That's it. So, in short, what are you talking about??? Have you even read this thread or do you just like to write long, tedious posts aobut nothing in particular?

Ken Moody

Posts: 149 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 14 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ken and Pat are in bed together over there on the Bowsite. Moody is a "paying" sponsor on the Bowsite, so Pat has nothing but good to say about him and his often times questionable dealings. So of course Moody stands up for Pat for the same reasons. Pat is on a "self promoting, ego building trip at the moment so canned hunts naturally are the place to build this image as the "almighty bowhunter". People who participate in this "canned hunting" stuff whether with a bow or a gun are hurting the overall image of hunting plain and simple. These two, Ken and Pat, just happen to be the ones topping the list at this time.

Larry Sellers

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry you are a blatant liar. This thread was not initiated for the purpose of debate or discussion but rather for the sole purpose of casting disparaging remarks about Pat and was worded in a way as to entice others to do the same. Failure to acknowledge it as such is to cast a blind eye to the truth. While I have never accepted the venues at which Pat hunts DG in Africa I do consider him a friend and only posted here when it was obvious what was happening.

Ken Moody

Posts: 149 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 14 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I thought that the one defining aspect of a canned hunt was that the end result was a foregone conclusion.That the animal had no real chance of escaping.In this case ,Pat has hunted a total of twenty-five days and has not come close to taking a buffalo.Does not seem like a canned hunt according to the above definitions.

We seldom get to choose
But I've seen them go both ways
And I would rather go out in a blaze of glory
Than to slowly rot away!

Posts: 1370 | Location: Shreveport,La.USA | Registered: 08 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Sellers:
Ken and Pat are in bed together over there on the Bowsite. Moody is a "paying" sponsor on the Bowsite, so Pat has nothing but good to say about him and his often times questionable dealings. So of course Moody stands up for Pat for the same reasons. Pat is on a "self promoting, ego building trip at the moment so canned hunts naturally are the place to build this image as the "almighty bowhunter". People who participate in this "canned hunting" stuff whether with a bow or a gun are hurting the overall image of hunting plain and simple. These two, Ken and Pat, just happen to be the ones topping the list at this time.

Larry Sellers

figures

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Look-Pat operates a very nice forum that caters to bowhunters.A lot of people visit that site ( Just like they visit this one)to talk about a pursuit they love.Many of the people that visit the site enjoy the semi-live narratives and get a chance to do the hunts vicariously through these reports.

If you visit the site you can see from the posts that a great many people really appreciate what Pat does for them.They say so themselves over and over again.

IF YOU DO NOT APPRECIATE WHAT THIS SITE IS ABOUT DON'T GO THERE. Knocking someone else does not make anyone look better.Nobody wins a pissing contest, everyone just ends up with piss on them.

Now if Pat cheated you in a business deal, come tell us.Or if Mr.Moody sold you a hunt fraudulently then post it.But if you just like slinging mud for the sake of slinging mud , I am not impressed.

And just for the record , I have never done business with either of the parties above, although I would not hesitate to do so.

We seldom get to choose
Than to slowly rot away!

Posts: 1370 | Location: Shreveport,La.USA | Registered: 08 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Pauly- I think everyone here can now see that when you were responded to in a calm and well thought out manner you respond with insults and a remarkable lack of class.

You are correct in that you are free to say whatever you want.

When a wise man argues with a fool it is sometimes difficult for onlookers to tell which is which.That said, I will bow out of this thread.We would all have been better off had it never been started.

We seldom get to choose
Than to slowly rot away!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I enjoy this site immensely, as I do Bowsite. I've been on Bowsite for a few years; here, for a few months. Most of the time I just cruise around the site and read, gathering as much information as I can. I do not know Ken, nor do I know Pat. I can tell you that Ken's reputation on Bowsite is unparalleled. Everyone raves about him as a person and as a professional. I would be very surprised to learn that the above remark regarding his veracity or his "questionable dealings." The remark is actually defamatory if it lacks support, but I'll leave that one up to Ken.

Let me quit rambling and get to my point. This post was destructive from the beginning. Nothing positive could have come from it. What's the point of bashing another hunter who I presume you know nothing about. I would not choose to hunt in SA for DG, but that's just me. The real issue to me is not the critism of Pat (although underhanded and mean-spirited), but instead, the way that Ken has been attacked has astounded me. All he did was support a friend who he felt was being unfairly chastised on a forum where he was not present to defend himself. I find this honorable, yet many of you have turned to chastising Ken in stead. In doing so, many of you portrayed your ignorance of the situation and made blind and inaccurate accusations against Ken. What gives?

Yes, this is an open forum, but does that make it okay to bash a guy just for the sake of doing so? I think not.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
troll Don't feed them!

Posts: 223 | Location: close but no cigar | Registered: 03 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pat must have a big one.

quote:
Originally posted by eyedoc:
Thank you Pauly- I think everyone here can now see that when you were responded to in a calm and well thought out manner you respond with insults and a remarkable lack of class.

In case you didn't notice i iam not here to impress anyone and could give a rats ass what you think about me, bowsite and Pat. In any case there as many people with me that are against me with Pat and his bullshit he pulls. As for you, captain Kenny alp or the rest of Pat's boyfriends I could care less what you boys think, or say.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Moody:
Jim...I have no idea what you're talking about. You are so far out in left field that we're not even in the same ballpark. My comments had nothing to do with hunting, bow or otherwise. They had nothing to do with one internet site or the other and this was certainly not my first posts on AR. It's simple. A guy starts a thread soley to bash a friend of mine and I didn't like it. That's it. So, in short, what are you talking about??? Have you even read this thread or do you just like to write long, tedious posts aobut nothing in particular?

Ken Moody

Ken, I have read every post on this thread. Based on your reply to me, I would ask the same question of you.

I applaud sticking up for a friend, but there is a point where it becomes futile.

Rather than insult me regarding my comprehension skills, why not address the questions I have - directly?

Many posts start here with a controversial comment. That spurs debate, which is welcomed on this site and spurned on others. In most cases, the debate ends up educating both sides.

If you feel something was totally off the wall, why lower yourself to that level? You are pretty new here, and to make your initial commentaries down in the gutter opinions, yu don't advance your views at all. In fact, you feed your "opposition" with ready ammo.

All I have seen from your responses are visceral reactions worthy of a barroom brawl.

And your comments on AR have done nothing to further the interests of bowhunters. You may have an admirable history somewhere else, but here you are what you post.

To confirm, once again - yes I have read every single comment here. Have you?

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote