Find
Notify
Tools

George Hoffman's Rifle
 Login/Join

Picture of T.Carr
posted
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Harry (aka Mims) asked me to post this for him.

This new rifle was built by Sterling Davenport for P.H. George Hoffman to use on his last safari. Unfortunately George died before the rifle was finished and before the scheduled safari in Tanzania. The action is the all new Montana 1999 control round feed action with Shilen bbl. and in caliber 416 Hoffman.

This rifle will be auctioned off at the Dallas Safari Club banquet in Jan. and I hope you have a chance to bid on this beautiful and fine rifle.

It has all the features found on a dangerous game rifle. The winning bidder will get scope, cartridge box, original PH licenses, custom knife with George's name inscribed on it.

Also included is the #416 book "A Country Boy in Africa" written by George, along with various notes from Mary Hoffman.

Proceeds will go to Mary Hoffman and Dallas Safari Club youth activities.

Merry Christmas,

Mims Reed

www.huntres-hq.com

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
That is one beautiful rifle with a fantastic history behind it! It should make someone very happy. Sterling Davenport builds a great rifle. Hope to see him at the DSC as well.

Posts: 7532 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Oldsarge
posted Hide Post
Rarely does one get to see so gorgeous a rifle and even more rarely does one get to touch such a piece of history. Pity all my disposible income is alloted to the next safari. I'd bid that thing clear out of sight, otherwise. Beautiful, just beautiful!

Posts: 2690 | Location: Lakewood, CA. USA | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote