New
Find
Notify
Tools

1st african hunting trip?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
want to start the plan process to go hunt africa. What I am looking for is a 7-10 day hunt for buffalo and a few plains game,my hunting partner and I want to go and take our wives as well,not to hunt though. Looking for the least amount of traveling hassle and don't want to hunt in a fenced area.ANy advise to get started would be appreciated

thanks

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
You ight like to check out www.shakariconnection.com as part of your research. Smiler

one of us
posted Hide Post
Check out Brooklands Safaris.

Hunt their SAVE consession.

The hunting is awsome... Their facilities/food is great.

They even build a swimming pool, for my wife... Big Grin

www.brooklandsafarias.com

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Where do you live? The handle canam suggests you might be in Canada. That would make getting to Zim with your own rifles a serious pain.

Dean

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, Duke of York

Posts: 876 | Location: Halkirk Ab | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8274 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi
Yea I live in northern Canada,would definitely want to take my own rifles. Would this prove to be difficult?

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
P.M. sent. There are some great folks who post here, including P.H.'s, booking agents and clients who have been there and one that.

Do your homework and you and yours will have the experinece of a lifetime.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7547 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Deffinately look at Steves website. Also look up a book called Safari Deams by Keneth Royce. If you have any problems finding the book let me know they're available at our local book shop.

What species are you looking toward? If free range plains game is what your after Namibia would be right at the top of my list.

Yes it's cocked, and it has bullets too!!!

Posts: 582 | Location: Apache Junction, AZ | Registered: 08 August 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
For buffalo you really have only two choices, Zimbabwe and Tanzania.

Make sure the plains game animals you are after are actually available in the area you are going to hunt, especially in Tanzania.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67043 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
For this situation, we send clients to a 75000 acre property on the SA side of the Limpopo. Yes it's fenced (on 3 sides, open to Zim on the river side). But it's easy to get to, very large, super PG in addition to Buffalo, and total cost will be less than or equal to Zim (without the hassle/cost of flying to Harare or BYO).

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2928 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote