Find
Notify
Tools

Timbavati Ranger Anton Mzimba
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted
I saw something about this a few days ago. I didn’t know him, nor have I ever had the pleasure of visiting Timbavati, but I thought it was relevant here:

https://www.dailymaverick.co.z...ationists-worldwide/

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
They tried to kill his wife, too. But she seems to be hanging on.

Despicable.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13389 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
“Animal rights” are nothing but terrorists.

The sooner the world wakes up to this fact, the better!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66950 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Very sad.

~Ann

Posts: 19155 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Sounds like he was a principled, good man. May he Rest In Peace.

Posts: 3855 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
My wife and I visited Timbavati in early 2020 after a cruise to Capetown, and safari on the East Cape and bird hunt out of Afton House. We hired Mthandeni Tours to drive us up and back vs flying, a delightful trip!!
Timbavati is a very well managed private reserve that is rich with game... though fairly young ....
We thoroughly enjoyed our 4 day photo safari with Kambaku Lodge. This is certainly not a place to hunt...the game is so accustomed to vehicles you often drive dangerously close to dangerous species!! Made me nervous... but the guides did carry a 458 Win Mag on each vehicle!!
I am sure the poachers take advantage of this fact and hammer this reserve mercilessly!!
It is very sad to hear of this senseless murder of a "wildlife manager" over his career duties he carried out well.
Blessings to the family, and Rest in Peace.

470EDDY

Posts: 2561 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just got back from Namibia where the Rhino poaching is now on the increase. Two places I hunted have lost 8 so far this year! In Etosha park i believe the number is around 14. At $1 million a set of Rhino horns, there is a big incentive to kill these animals and anyone who gets in the way!

Posts: 2537 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We know who are behind it. Kill them. I've advocated for years poisoning the rhino horn and putting it right back into the black market. Kill the market, kill the demand.

Posts: 10011 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm not a vet, but I think you could even poison the horns on live rhinos without harming them. Let's kill the market!

Posts: 10011 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
I realize that I should have posted this here as well.

Anton Mvimbi Legacy Fund

I understand that his wife may pull through, thank God.

These damned commercial poaching syndicates need to be crushed.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13389 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote