New
Find
Notify
Tools

March/April Issue of Sports Afield
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Very nice job in the March/April issue dedicated to Adventures in Africa.

Great stories from Harry Selby, Craig Boddington, John Barsness, Cameron Hopkins and the story about the leopard hunt gone wrong/Punki the dog handler by Brittany Boddington.

All I can say is Diana Rupp has done an outstanding job since talking over and revamping the magazine. Great stories of adventure and quality photos of more than dead animals. tu2

The danger of civilization, of course, is that you will piss away your life on nonsense

Posts: 782 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: 22 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1!!!

Posts: 10358 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sevenxbjt
posted Hide Post
Funny, I thumbed through mine last night and thought about starting the same thread. Very nice issue.

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Brittany Hopkins?! Is Boddington's daughter now married? Eeker

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
I agree. It's nice to see a multicontinental hunting magazine. I love the African content and Walt Prothero's stuff is usually excellent reading be it Africa, Asia, or North America.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's came a long way in recent years and is certainly one of the best today. I quit years ago an started again a couple of years ago at DSC

Posts: 1700 | Location: USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Agree that SA is head and shoulders above the rest in "our kind" of writing and subject matter !
As this thread seems to be the perfect place to get our AR family in the loop, starting in JULY, our company SAFARI CLASSICS , in partnership with SPORTS AFIELD will be introducing " TRIJICON"S WORLD OF SPORTS AFIELD TV" to our production lineup. The show will feature big game adventure from around the globe, including Africa. You can see our show open by visiting www.sportsafield.com . Ludo , Diana, and their team indeed have raised the bar and we are proud to be joining them in this exciting new project. The show will air on The Sportmen Channel. Now,along with our 39 new episodes of our two African series, we will only be producing 52 NEW episodes of adventure based hunting programs from around the globe each year. My golf game is going to hell !

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of PWN375
posted Hide Post
Dave,

If you ever need a fine figure of a man, hell of a hunter, good camp companion and just general great guy to fill a spot on one of those adventures...I am volunteering. Big Grin

P.S. My wife says Craig and I look like brothers.

Perry

Posts: 1144 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yep, good issue. I especially liked John Barsness' article on getting along with your ph. Wonder who the Bozo Butt was that he was talking about in the beginning of the article? Big Grin

Mad Dog

Posts: 1184 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 17 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of adamhunter
posted Hide Post
Dave,
We wouldnt want your golf game going to hell, so I will be happy to stand-in for you so you can get some time in on the links. Just send me a PM.... Wink

Sounds like a good magazine again and a good show upcoming.

30+ years experience tells me that perfection hit at .264. Others are adequate but anything before or after is wishful thinking.

Posts: 854 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes the golf will suffer. I am afraid I would have a hard time even beating Tiger if I don't get out to the driving range soon !

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hutty:
Very nice job in the March/April issue dedicated to Adventures in Africa.

Great stories from Harry Selby, Craig Boddington, John Barsness, Cameron Hopkins and the story about the leopard hunt gone wrong/Punki the dog handler by Brittany Boddington.

All I can say is Diana Rupp has done an outstanding job since talking over and revamping the magazine. Great stories of adventure and quality photos of more than dead animals. tu2

Pardon my ignorance, but I'm new to this forum and am unfamiliar with "Adventures in Africa." Can you tell me where I can subscribe? I would very much like to receive this magazine. Thanks.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

DRSS; NRA; Illinois State Rifle Association; Missouri Sport Shooting Association

“One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce, and canonized those who complain.”
– Thomas Sowell, “The Vision Of The Anointed: Self-Congratulation As A Basis For Social Policy”

Posts: 771 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 09 January 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
just type "Sports Afield subscription" into your browser window.......and follow your nose

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dang, I feel red faced with all this praise! Thank you gentleman (no ladies in these posts right?) A great deal of credit does go to a lady named Diana Rupp. In addition Jerry "the mole” Gutierrez is indispensable as our graphic designer, he is the reason it looks so nice. Then there is Susan Appleby who will talk with any customer to solve just about any problem and Carrie Zrelak and Joanne Valencia work in the back ground keeping the subscriber data base running and sending out renewal notices, and what not. All of them deserve a lot of praise.

Watch out for our digital issue, coming in the middle of this year!

Your Humble Publisher.

Posts: 51 | Location: California | Registered: 12 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Ludo,

Cannot find it at bookstores or groceries around here.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
I too love the new magazine.

It was interesting as the other day, my neighbor brought over a copy and was excited to show me how great it was!

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Keep it up, Ludo. (The great magazine, that is!) Big Grin

one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
Man I hate these threads. I keep checking my mailbox every day and I think the postman decided to keep my issue. Hope he decides to deliver it soon or I'll have to get him a subscription for Christmas! Smiler

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3830 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ludo Wurfbain:
Dang, I feel red faced with all this praise! Thank you gentleman (no ladies in these posts right?) A great deal of credit does go to a lady named Diana Rupp. In addition Jerry "the mole” Gutierrez is indispensable as our graphic designer, he is the reason it looks so nice. Then there is Susan Appleby who will talk with any customer to solve just about any problem and Carrie Zrelak and Joanne Valencia work in the back ground keeping the subscriber data base running and sending out renewal notices, and what not. All of them deserve a lot of praise.

Watch out for our digital issue, coming in the middle of this year!

Your Humble Publisher.

Humble is right. You have killed everything that walks but don't talk about it much.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey guys, this is driving me crazy, I thought there was a thread here talking about an issue in which selby was writing an article about his 416. I managed to find the issue referenced in this thread local and wondered if the other one with the 416 article was newer (meaning I missed it) or later and I might get lucky and find a copy.

any help guys?

I might have a crush on brittany, why can't we have more beautiful women in hunting and shooting? Smiler

Red

My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.
-Winston Churchill

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Dago,

I received my copy last week.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
why can't we have more beautiful women in hunting and shooting?

Whatever happened to that Cindy chick? Is she still sauntering around the bush with her boobs hanging out?

One of Us
Picture of SemperFiHunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Whatever happened to that Cindy chick? Is she still sauntering around the bush with her boobs hanging out?

God, I miss her!

God, I miss her!

God, I miss her!

Did I mention that I miss her?

Daaayyyuuummmmmmm!!!

REMANUS DURUS CORPS!

Posts: 65 | Location: Republic of Texas. | Registered: 16 May 2008Reply With Quote