Notify
Tools

Get Out and Vote
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Will
posted
Like mbogo375 said.

Just trying to emphasize the importance of this election.

(I could vote early and did).

Posts: 19369 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Done! 0700 EST

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
7:29 am Voted! A huge turn out in my voting place, I hope that's a great sign for GB...

**********************BUSH 2004 ************************

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SnakeLover
posted Hide Post
Waited about 45 mins to vote at my polling place, short considering the folks who arraived and were in the A-G line were still waiting after I voted. Usually I'm in the first 60 to vote, this year I was 129, so definitely larger turn out.

One vote for W from a solid RED state.

Posts: 472 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hope you are right re: VA Solid RED.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
btt

one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Used early voting last week.......

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
I'd much rather vote early and I'm definitely voting, but I'm waiting until my son gets out of school (he's nine). He's been in the booth with me for every election since he was born, hopefully he'll still care when he's of age.

Kyler

Posts: 2508 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Done, despite the two fossils working the table this morning (neither of whom could see well enough to locate my name; I wonder if they'd have had the same difficulty had I been registered as a Democrat ).

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of T
posted Hide Post
Hope I don't loose faith in the American people

Posts: 292 | Location: Tx | Registered: 24 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Spring
posted Hide Post
Mid-morning voting is the way to go...In and out in 12 minutes....

Posts: 1445 | Location: Bronwood, GA | Registered: 10 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
Hey George,
I wouldn't want to volunteer for that job would you?
My parents have done it locally for the last several years. I know lately they've devoted at least two days to rules meetings and several other days to organizing paperwork and other volunteers. Today they are planning to be at the poles SIXTEEN hours (for free) to hear people whine.
I'm glad someone will do it.

Kyler

Posts: 2508 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Mission accomplished.

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Kyler,

If they paid me my regular wage, I'd do it. Of course, I'd actually examine the voters' identification, and process them quickly. During the slow periods, I'd read books on hunting Africa, instead of yakking incessantly and scarfing donuts.

That job is pretty simple, a chimp could do it. Check id, look up the name, obtain voter's signature, hand them a numbered card. Hell, even a McDonald's employee could handle it.

In these parts, 99% of the poll workers are senior citizens looking for some extra cash and something to do, and Democrat party hacks.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Done, as of 9:00AM CST. An important election for many reasons, and especially if you value your gun rights.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In Oregon we vote by mail. I don't know if that's any "better" than going to polling places to cast ballots, but it is more convenient. I don't ever mail my ballot. I always hand deliver it to the county election center. Gary T.

Posts: 112 | Location: Eugene, Oregon | Registered: 23 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
At 0710 MST I placed my vote. The polling place was very busy and I'm hoping that most fellow voters are on the "right" side... but I fear the worst. Unfortunately, the lady behind me (my wife) cancelled all my votes to the letter. At least I cancelled her vote, back!

Posts: 426 | Location: Alpine, WY | Registered: 01 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
btt

(I am in a race with mbogo375 for the most replies ).

one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
btt

I am voting multiple times!

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I hope most people voted this morning, I can't go vote until later tonight, after work.

Posts: 19560 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Redlander
posted Hide Post
I voted last week. Ya'll in those "toss-up" states are the ones that need to get out and vote.

I just responded in mbogo375's thread just so I can say I voted twice like those double registrants in Ohio and Florida.

Posts: 842 | Location: Anchorage, AK | Registered: 23 January 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
You mean "vote early, vote often?"

Posts: 68782 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We voted first day of early voting!! Waited over an hour in a very packed polling place.

On the news they said that over 25% of the registered voters in San Antonio voted early.

Posts: 151 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been voting for over 40 yrs and this is the first time I have stood in line outside the polling house. Hugh turn out in this swing state.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mailed my absentee ballot ten days ago. Just saw first results from Guam, 17,000 Bush, 9,500 Kerry. I hope that is an omen

Posts: 915 | Location: Breckenridge, TX, USA | Registered: 24 November 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
"...I am voting multiple times!..."

You are showing your true colours Will, only democrats vote more than once

Posts: 68782 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
btt

One more vote for me!

One of Us
Picture of Zero Drift
posted Hide Post

Bill - Do they let people your age still vote? I thought there was a cutoff after 90...

Posts: 10780 | Location: Test Tube | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As soon as my wife gets home (very shortly) we're outta here...

Posts: 318 | Location: People's Republic of New York | Registered: 10 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
ZD,

Hey at 90, you get cut off from a lot of stuff, but not voting.

one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
btt, again

One of Us
Picture of Zero Drift
posted Hide Post

Alzheimer's???

Posts: 10780 | Location: Test Tube | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Done!

Fortunately I have a full clinic schedule this afternoon and evening to keep me occupied.

I'm so anxious you couldn't pound a needle up my ass with a sledgehammer.

JCN

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of vapodog
posted Hide Post
Civic duty accomplished.....

Posts: 28849 | Location: western Nebraska | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cordell
posted Hide Post
In our area of Virginia we vote in an old cabinet shop, we have one booth and I was in and out in 5 minutes. I am a gun owner, collector, hunter, wounded Vietnam vet, and proud to be an American!! Guess who I voted for!! Take care and God bless.

cordell

Posts: 336 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 09 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
Here in Columbus, Ohio ------- In a precinct that I have been able to walk in and vote in minutes, in every election from 1976 to now. There was a 3 1/2 hour line at 10:30 am this morning. My precinct had 1400 new registrations this election period. I don't konw who it favors, but it sure is different!

Posts: 5717 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
btt, once again

one of us
Picture of hm1996
posted Hide Post
Voted early to avoid the rush.

By the way, is there any truth to the rhumor that due to the extremely heavy voter turnout this election that Republicans are scheduled to vote today, Nov. 2nd and Democrats are to vote Wed., Nov 3rd?

Regards,
hm

Posts: 931 | Registered: 21 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
For those that haven't yet, please go vote.

One of Us
Picture of Zero Drift
posted Hide Post

But for those of you who have not made up your mind as to whom to vote for, please don�t.