Notify
Tools

OOA at DSC
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike_Dettorre:
I mean afterall lawyers relax their ethics all the time by saying...please don't tell me things I don't want to know... Razzer

Perhaps the prosecutors you work with?

The primary reason that perjury is a crime seldom prosecuted is it would have a disproportionate impact on rank and file police officers. Unfortunately.

Yes, I know more than you thought.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike_Dettorre
posted Hide Post
au contraire...the defense bar and plaintiff's attorneys my young lad....actually Dan to be honest...your comments generally lead me to believe you know less and less each time you post... Big Grin

Mike

Never under estimate the internet community's ability to reply to your post with their personal rant about their tangentially related, single occurrence issue.

What I have learned on AR, since 2001:
1. The proper answer to: Where is the best place in town to get a steak dinner? is…You should go to Mel's Diner and get the fried chicken.
2. Big game animals can tell the difference between .015 of an inch in diameter, 15 grains of bullet weight, and 150 fps.
3. There is a difference in the performance of two identical projectiles launched at the same velocity if they came from different cartridges.
4. While a double rifle is the perfect DGR, every 375HH bolt gun needs to be modified to carry at least 5 down.
5. While a floor plate and detachable box magazine both use a mechanical latch, only the floor plate latch is reliable. Disregard the fact that every modern military rifle uses a detachable box magazine.
6. The Remington 700 is unreliable regardless of the fact it is the basis of the USMC M40 sniper rifle for 40+ years with no changes to the receiver or extractor and is the choice of more military and law enforcement sniper units than any other rifle.
7. PF actions are not suitable for a DGR and it is irrelevant that the M1, M14, M16, & AK47 which were designed for hunting men that can shoot back are all PF actions.
8. 95 deg F in Africa is different than 95 deg F in TX or CA and that is why you must worry about ammunition temperature in Africa (even though most safaris take place in winter) but not in TX or in CA.
9. The size of a ding in a gun's finish doesn't matter, what matters is whether it’s a safe ding or not.
10. 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact.
11. Never buy a WSM or RCM cartridge for a safari rifle or your go to rifle in the USA because if they lose your ammo you can't find replacement ammo but don't worry 280 Rem, 338-06, 35 Whelen, and all Weatherby cartridges abound in Africa and back country stores.
12. A well hit animal can run 75 yds. in the open and suddenly drop with no initial blood trail, but the one I shot from 200 yds. away that ran 10 yds. and disappeared into a thicket and was not found was lost because the bullet penciled thru. I am 100% certain of this even though I have no physical evidence.
13. A 300 Win Mag is a 500 yard elk cartridge but a 308 Win is not a 300 yard elk cartridge even though the same bullet is travelling at the same velocity at those respective distances.

Posts: 10134 | Location: Loving retirement in Boise, ID | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike,

I believe that you are the person who initiated this little pissing contest by bragging that you arrested a man for using the word "motherfucker" and without any probable cause. Whatever happened to your oath? What about you respect for the law and for the constitution?

I am disappointed. But not surprised.

____

By the way, I will not be using the email you provided. Care to guess why?

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jds
posted Hide Post
quote:

I arrested a guy when he called me a MFer. I figure any one who calls someone a MFer who has a gun in his hand is either drunk (drunk in public is an offense) or is crazy and needs to be taken into custody. Smiler

. . .

quote:
I believe that you are the person who initiated this little pissing contest by bragging that you arrested a man for using the word "m****f****" and without any probable cause. Whatever happened to your oath? What about you respect for the law and for the constitution?

I am disappointed. But not surprised.

Wow, this thread has really deteriorated!

Having carried a badge for over 25 years in Texas I can add that the profane language in itself is the probable cause because here that is considered "disorderly conduct" - an arrestable offense.

As far as the Dallas officers intervening, their job as hired security is to intervene when necessary to keep order within the show. The showdown between the PH and the OOA could have become very ugly very fast. Someone could have gotten hurt and the officers were correct in stopping it before it happened.

Just my $ .02 adjusted for inflation!

JDS

And so if you meet a hunter who has been to Africa, and he tells you what he has seen and done, watch his eyes as he talks. For they will not see you. They will see sunrises and sunsets such as you cannot imagine, and a land and a way of life that is fast vanishing. And always he will will tell you how he plans to go back. (author: David Petzer)

Posts: 655 | Location: Burleson, Texas | Registered: 04 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike_Dettorre
posted Hide Post
Dan,

I have no idea why you won't be using the email and don't care...again you amaze me...for someone who is an attorney you don't read very carefully...what do you think the happy faces mean at the end of each post...its called a joke...pulling your leg...joking around...clowning

relax Dan...I didn't arrest anyone just for calling me an MFer there was always plenty of reasons to arrest people and plenty of people to arrest...and yes the law is serious and its okay to joke about it once in awhile...

Mike

Never under estimate the internet community's ability to reply to your post with their personal rant about their tangentially related, single occurrence issue.

What I have learned on AR, since 2001:
1. The proper answer to: Where is the best place in town to get a steak dinner? is…You should go to Mel's Diner and get the fried chicken.
2. Big game animals can tell the difference between .015 of an inch in diameter, 15 grains of bullet weight, and 150 fps.
3. There is a difference in the performance of two identical projectiles launched at the same velocity if they came from different cartridges.
4. While a double rifle is the perfect DGR, every 375HH bolt gun needs to be modified to carry at least 5 down.
5. While a floor plate and detachable box magazine both use a mechanical latch, only the floor plate latch is reliable. Disregard the fact that every modern military rifle uses a detachable box magazine.
6. The Remington 700 is unreliable regardless of the fact it is the basis of the USMC M40 sniper rifle for 40+ years with no changes to the receiver or extractor and is the choice of more military and law enforcement sniper units than any other rifle.
7. PF actions are not suitable for a DGR and it is irrelevant that the M1, M14, M16, & AK47 which were designed for hunting men that can shoot back are all PF actions.
8. 95 deg F in Africa is different than 95 deg F in TX or CA and that is why you must worry about ammunition temperature in Africa (even though most safaris take place in winter) but not in TX or in CA.
9. The size of a ding in a gun's finish doesn't matter, what matters is whether it’s a safe ding or not.
10. 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact.
11. Never buy a WSM or RCM cartridge for a safari rifle or your go to rifle in the USA because if they lose your ammo you can't find replacement ammo but don't worry 280 Rem, 338-06, 35 Whelen, and all Weatherby cartridges abound in Africa and back country stores.
12. A well hit animal can run 75 yds. in the open and suddenly drop with no initial blood trail, but the one I shot from 200 yds. away that ran 10 yds. and disappeared into a thicket and was not found was lost because the bullet penciled thru. I am 100% certain of this even though I have no physical evidence.
13. A 300 Win Mag is a 500 yard elk cartridge but a 308 Win is not a 300 yard elk cartridge even though the same bullet is travelling at the same velocity at those respective distances.

Posts: 10134 | Location: Loving retirement in Boise, ID | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jds:

As far as the Dallas officers intervening, their job as hired security is to intervene when necessary to keep order within the show. The showdown between the PH and the OOA could have become very ugly very fast. Someone could have gotten hurt and the officers were correct in stopping it before it happened.

I don't understand. The post says "they had to track the guy down" or similar to that. So if there was no longer an "incident" why the cop?

Pure imtimidation seems obvious.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike_Dettorre:
I didn't arrest anyone just for calling me an MFer...

OK, but before you said you did. Hence my confusion in thinking that you did.

And here's a smiley in an attempt to show that I may have a sense of humor (but probably not): Smiler

one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
I really DONT know what to believe ..

There are only TWO people in the world whom I believe ..

1) GWB - the boss man

2) JudgeG - because he a judge and he can put us all behind bars if we care to buy him a drink beer

Talking about JudgeG ....

Please Judge can you enter this thread and repremand some of us whom have made inflamatory statements so we can please the 5th (-:

I arrest my case your Hounour

Peter - on behalf of those charged in abstencia

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
OK, guys, this is gotten to be just another
DEAD HORSE.

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote