THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Frontier Safaris Burchell Reserve Eastern Cape Advise First timer Questions

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Frontier Safaris Burchell Reserve Eastern Cape Advise First timer Questions
 Login/Join

Picture of pdkillr
posted
This will be my first trip to Africa going JUne 1. What should airfare from Texas cost? Anyone hunted Burchell ranch have any advise? Am hunting kudu, gemsbuck, impala, bushbuck, warthog and duiker. What can I expect for trophy's in this area?(horn length)? Any other advise would be greatly appreciated.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My wife & I went to RSA this past June. We flew out of Dallas on American to London Heathrow. It was a codeshare flight so we picked up BA on to Joburg. No problems at all with the flights & the cost was around $2000.00 each. Give Kathi Klimes a call & she can give you all of the options. I am sorry but I don't know anything about the ranch you will be hunting, but I'm sure others will. Good Hunting!!

Posts: 158 | Location: texas panhandle | Registered: 15 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shots at game can be at longer range in Eastern Cape than other parts of Africa. Talk with PH about cartridge and scope choice.

You will be hunting Eastern Cape kudu which are smaller than standard kudu because of diet. Also, gemsbok will be smaller and talk with PH about taking female gemsbok and how you feel about that. Female can have longer horns than bull but thinner diameter. Warthog are big-bodied but shorter tusks in my experience.

Because of proximity to South Pole, Eastern Cape can be cold and windy.

Good hunting.

Posts: 2627 | Location: Where the pine trees touch the sky | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Because Black wildebeest are indigenous to Eastern Cape, I recommend you consider hunting them. You won't find the wildebeest Black in other parts of Africa.

Posts: 2627 | Location: Where the pine trees touch the sky | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of trapntrav
posted Hide Post
Do a search on Frontier Safaries or the Burchells, I have a hunt report in here somewhere ( I hunted there in April ). There is also a recent thread on the first page called "South Africa December". I had a great trip, PM me with any questions you have after reading the reports cheers

not sure if this link will work
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/...=592102684#592102684

Posts: 256 | Location: Fort Nelson, BC, Canada | Registered: 04 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
pd

PM sent.

Posts: 1261 | Location: Clearwater, FL and Union Pier, MI | Registered: 24 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
if you're going in june you'd better get at making airlines resv. right now. looks like you're in texas anyway - give gracy travel a call PDQ

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And, do not go through Europa with your rifles. Fly USA direct to Johannesburg.